• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
goon19

Swiss League Topscorer Damien Brunner

Rate this topic

Can someone explain to me why the one guy on the team with the white jersey's is wearing a flaming yellow helmet? lol

I think the teams' leading scorers are honored with a special helmet which makes them stick out more. Brunner wears a bright helmet and flames.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostFinance_Top_Scorer

Edited by Echolalia

Guest The Axe

This Swiss league is missing some stuff. Defense, checking, and goalies being the most noticeable.

This Swiss league is missing some stuff. Defense, checking, and goalies being the most noticeable.

Yeah, Cory Emmerton could probably put up 20 points playing 70 games in the Swiss league instead of the 10 he put up last year. :lol:

So does anyone else think that the Swiss league took their inspiration for the flaming helmet from the NBA Jam video game series?

Guest The Axe

Yeah, Cory Emmerton could probably put up 20 points playing 70 games in the Swiss league instead of the 10 he put up last year. :lol:/>

So does anyone else think that the Swiss league took their inspiration for the flaming helmet from the NBA Jam video game series?

Hmmmm. Thats a good point. I bet Brunner would still be ahead tho.

right now he has more bang for the buck than nash, couture, thornton, and bergeron. i think the competition is quite lacking in the swiss league, but as long as he doesn't get killed in the first month of playing in the winged wheel, we should have ourselves a bona fide scorer.

how much...is the question.

doesnt that helmet put a big fricking target on you? try that in the NHL and kronwall can go hunting for keeps!

Guest The Axe

The helmet makes you look stupid cuz its yellow. Hunter orange would be way better.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/lockout_scoring.php?season=2012&leagueid=&sort=&leagueteam=&nation=&name=&order=TP

4 Red Wings in the top 15 in scoring outside the NHL, pretty impressive. The most surprising is Jan Mursak, I know its in Austria but he's well over a PPG.

http://www.elitepros...&name=&order=TP

4 Red Wings in the top 15 in scoring outside the NHL, pretty impressive. The most surprising is Jan Mursak, I know its in Austria but he's well over a PPG.

Does this mean Brunner is the best player in the world right now???

Shout out to Miller as well at 22. Hope all these guys come back with boosted confidence.

Does this mean Brunner is the best player in the world right now???

Shout out to Miller as well at 22. Hope all these guys come back with boosted confidence.

No it just means he is the best points producer in the swiss league right now, that's all

Sorry, not buyin it Euro Twins, clearly Brunner is the most dominant hockey player in the world....and Drew Miller is the 22nd best player. Go Wings.

I'll let that one slide Cameron... this time (but Dats is number 1)

Edited by Euro_Twins

For those keeping track Brunner and Omark had a goal and an assist each, in last night's game. For the first time in a long time Zetterberg was kept off the scoresheet. That brings Brunner up to 24 goals and 29 assists in 30 games. Calling it right now, this kid is going to be the real deal in North America, prep time or not.

Recently posted highlight video of Zetterberg and Brunner performing their magic. If this translates back to the NHL are they in line to be the new Euro Twins, or would it be a more mentor-mentee relationship?

My wife's league has more contact than that. From the looks of that video, the defensewomen are a lot meaner, too.

Nice to know our boys won't get hurt over there.

Guest The Axe

My wife's league has more contact than that. From the looks of that video, the defensewomen are a lot meaner, too.

Exactly!!! The goalies are horrible, as well.

I think Brunner and Zetterberg will be good for at least a point between them every game in the real world--I mean NHL. ;)

Haven't gotten to see them play, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Brunner could be the firepower we needed, provided he stays healthy and doesn't get completely stifled by tighter defense.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="VM1138" data-cid="2337388" data-time="1357188905"><p>

I think Brunner and Zetterberg will be good for at least a point between them every game in the real world--I mean NHL. ;) <br />

<br />

Haven't gotten to see them play, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Brunner could be the firepower we needed, provided he stays healthy and doesn't get completely stifled by tighter defense.</p></blockquote>

Linus Omark is 2nd in scoring. Why is everyone so down on that guy?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="VM1138" data-cid="2337388" data-time="1357188905"><p>

I think Brunner and Zetterberg will be good for at least a point between them every game in the real world--I mean NHL. ;) <br />

<br />

Haven't gotten to see them play, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Brunner could be the firepower we needed, provided he stays healthy and doesn't get completely stifled by tighter defense.</p></blockquote>

Linus Omark is 2nd in scoring. Why is everyone so down on that guy?

I don't think anybody ever criticized Omark based on his skill set, I think it was more about his attitude. He did a lot of s***ty things in Edmonton including refusing to play in the AHL, requesting a trade via twitter, etc. The guy is clearly skilled, but on most NHL teams if you don't pay your dues then you don't amount to s***. Washington and other teams don't necessarily have that rule, and fat lot of good it's done them.

Guest Johnz96

Brunner wasn't afraid to get his nose dirty at the WC