47 replies to this topic

#1 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

http://www.detroitho...hedule/2013.php

12 sets of back-to-backs, season ends on Apr. 27th, 4 sunday 12:30 JLA games on NBC, 4 western road trips.

Edited by irishock, 11 January 2013 - 11:20 PM.

bringit.jpg

#2 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

St. Louis and Columbus five teams each, if I counted correctly. That many trips out west in such a short time frame is pathetic and unfair. Back-to-back games in Anaheim? What an excellent idea. I understand it's tough to get the schedule done given the circumstances, but I can't imagine it turning out much worse for the Red Wings than it did.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#3 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Which team has the best schedule in the NHL?
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#4 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="irishock" data-cid="2339456" data-time="1357963849"><p><br />
<a href='<a href='http://www.detroitho...hedule/2013.php'>http://www.detroitho...hedule/2013.php</a>'><a href='http://www.detroitho...hedule/2013.php'>http://www.detroitho...hedule/2013.php</a></a><br /><br />
 <br /><br />
12 sets of back-to-backs, season ends on Apr. 27th, 4 sunday 12:30 JLA games on NBC, 4 western road trips.</p></blockquote><br />
<br />
<br />
You mean 6 sets of back-to-backs, right? That's what I counted. Doesn't seem too bad all things considered.

edit: actually 7, missed the march-april one.

Edited by dat's sick, 11 January 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#5 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Only the Wings have been leaked so not sure. Knowing the NHL it'll probably be s***sburgh

edit: actually 7, missed the march-april one.

Huh, I got the 12 sets from the same source but I counted myself and it was 10 sets. 

Edit: I counted 12 sets. 24 games in total.

Edited by irishock, 12 January 2013 - 12:26 AM.

bringit.jpg

#6 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="irishock" data-cid="2339476" data-time="1357967124"><p>
Only the Wings have been leaked so not sure. Knowing the NHL it'll probably be s***sburgh<br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
 <br />
Huh, I got the 12 sets from the same source but I counted myself and it was 10 sets. <br />
 <br />
 <br />
Edit: I counted 12 sets. 24 games in total.</p></blockquote>

I blame being tired and looking on my phone. I counted again and you're right, 12 sets.

Will be interesting to see how it is for other teams, gotta be hell to make the schedules.

#7 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

March is a tough month with the 2 trips west but oh well we do it every year.  2 trips to Vancouver kinda sucks too..no one is going to get an "easy" schedule..lots of back to backs for everyone...lets get it on !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#8 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I have about half the NBC schedule based on leaks. BREAKING: Lot of Flyers, Red Wings, Blackhawks on it. #Shockingexpose

bringit.jpg

#9 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Unofficial....

http://www.wingingit...-wings-schedule

#10 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Wings will be tired

#11 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Wings will be tired

all teams will be tired.

#12 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Wings will be tired

So will be 29 other teams...

#13 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Back to bak games in anaheim? Not sure how accurate this schedule is

#14 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Not even one game against the east..even with the shortened schedule thats unfortunate

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#15 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I don't think all teams will be equally tired. It is a huge advantage to never have to leave your own time zone like all of the Eastern Conference teams, except for Winnipeg. The grind of the shortened regular season will be taxing, but not having to travel extensively like the Red Wings do helps quite a bit. Four trips out west in practically three months (when it is usually spread out over six months) is rough.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#16 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

With 48 games they could have played 1 vs every Eastern team, 2 vs own Conf and 3 vs own division, with 1 more game against somebody, a traditional rival or division rival or Columbus :)

Instead, its West only and not even the equal number of games vs own division. What genius came up with that one?

#17 RedWingNation43

RedWingNation43

Give my page Red Wing Nation a like on Facebook

• 20 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

You guys buy this schedule? I swore I read something that said we'd open the season in Detroit vs the Hawks! Hope that is still true what a great way to start the season

As a Future sports journalist, I wanted to make a fanpage for my favorite team to help me advance in the journalism field, so I'f you like my page, your getting me one step closer to my goal, Go Wings!!!!
http://www.facebook....150191961798719

#18 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Finally, we have action. #nhl sked coming out momentarily.

bringit.jpg

#19 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

NHL Sked released. Leaked one is correct.

bringit.jpg

#20 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Well, maybe this schedule will open the NHLPA's eyes to realignment. Its a pretty rough one for Detroit, Columbus, Nashville, Winnipeg, and even Chicago.  Plus, I'm sure that Edmonton and Calgary fans are thrilled that they won't play Winterpeg once. 

Anyway, game on.