• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest irishock

Red Wings 2013 schedule

Rate this topic

St. Louis and Columbus five teams each, if I counted correctly. That many trips out west in such a short time frame is pathetic and unfair. Back-to-back games in Anaheim? What an excellent idea. I understand it's tough to get the schedule done given the circumstances, but I can't imagine it turning out much worse for the Red Wings than it did.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="irishock" data-cid="2339456" data-time="1357963849"><p><br />

<a href='<a href='http://www.detroithockey.net/history/schedule/2013.php'>http://www.detroithockey.net/history/schedule/2013.php</a>'><a href='http://www.detroithockey.net/history/schedule/2013.php'>http://www.detroithockey.net/history/schedule/2013.php</a></a><br /><br />

<br /><br />

12 sets of back-to-backs, season ends on Apr. 27th, 4 sunday 12:30 JLA games on NBC, 4 western road trips.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

<br />

You mean 6 sets of back-to-backs, right? That's what I counted. Doesn't seem too bad all things considered.

edit: actually 7, missed the march-april one.

Edited by dat's sick

Guest irishock

Only the Wings have been leaked so not sure. Knowing the NHL it'll probably be s***sburgh

edit: actually 7, missed the march-april one.

Huh, I got the 12 sets from the same source but I counted myself and it was 10 sets.

Edit: I counted 12 sets. 24 games in total.

Edited by irishock

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="irishock" data-cid="2339476" data-time="1357967124"><p>

Only the Wings have been leaked so not sure. Knowing the NHL it'll probably be s***sburgh<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Huh, I got the 12 sets from the same source but I counted myself and it was 10 sets. <br />

<br />

<br />

Edit: I counted 12 sets. 24 games in total.</p></blockquote>

I blame being tired and looking on my phone. I counted again and you're right, 12 sets.

Will be interesting to see how it is for other teams, gotta be hell to make the schedules.

March is a tough month with the 2 trips west but oh well we do it every year. 2 trips to Vancouver kinda sucks too..no one is going to get an "easy" schedule..lots of back to backs for everyone...lets get it on !

I don't think all teams will be equally tired. It is a huge advantage to never have to leave your own time zone like all of the Eastern Conference teams, except for Winnipeg. The grind of the shortened regular season will be taxing, but not having to travel extensively like the Red Wings do helps quite a bit. Four trips out west in practically three months (when it is usually spread out over six months) is rough.

With 48 games they could have played 1 vs every Eastern team, 2 vs own Conf and 3 vs own division, with 1 more game against somebody, a traditional rival or division rival or Columbus :)

Instead, its West only and not even the equal number of games vs own division. What genius came up with that one?

Well, maybe this schedule will open the NHLPA's eyes to realignment. Its a pretty rough one for Detroit, Columbus, Nashville, Winnipeg, and even Chicago. Plus, I'm sure that Edmonton and Calgary fans are thrilled that they won't play Winterpeg once.

Anyway, game on.

Who wants to watch back to back games against the ducks in Anaheim? this isn't baseball

Well, maybe this schedule will open the NHLPA's eyes to realignment. Its a pretty rough one for Detroit, Columbus, Nashville, Winnipeg, and even Chicago. Plus, I'm sure that Edmonton and Calgary fans are thrilled that they won't play Winterpeg once.

Anyway, game on.

It wasn't that they were opposed to realignment. They weren't given all the information, and there were so many unknowns come playoff time, and when they asked for the info bettman dragged his feet. Don't even get me started on the uneven divisions