Photo
- - - - -

1/27 Red Wings 1 @ Chicago Blackhawks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
518 replies to this topic

#481 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Yeah. What exactly happened on that play?

Franzine was touched with a stick and almost died.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#482 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

esteef

LMAO almost died...  :pirate:

#483 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

esteef

I saw the replay 3 times in slow-mo. I couldn't see any stick. I thought "one of his balls must have gotten tangled up in his cup/jock-strap" Then I remembered, Franzen has no balls. LOL. I kid. He's a great guy.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#484 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

I typed shameless into google and got this...

Franzen_headshot_08-09(1).jpg

#485 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Honestly, I really feel tired of the negative rhetoric especially from the "die hard fans" here.  I see more positivity in the HFBoards.

I feel really tired of the Wings playing 1/3 periods, making the same mistakes over and over again, coming up short in the same fundamental ways season after season, etc.

I'd be all smiles and rainbows and puppies, but it'd be dishonest, and I'd feel dirty.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#486 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Dim damn red wings gone live ter play 'nuther day! Adios!

I feel really tired of the Wings playing 1/3 periods, making the same mistakes over and over again, coming up short in the same fundamental ways season after season, etc.

I'd be all smiles and rainbows and puppies, but it'd be dishonest, and I'd feel dirty.

It's more fun to watch when you try to find the positives. You can still notice and point out the mistakes, but try looking for and praising good plays as well

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#487 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

It's more fun to watch when you try to find the positives. You can still notice and point out the mistakes, but try looking for and praising good plays as well

lolz

I've been posting here for almost a decade. This isn't a typical GDT for me; I'm tired and I want to go to bed, but I can't because I have to stay up, and the Wings are all like, [flops around on the ground like a fish], and I'm like, meh.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#488 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Franzen rolled around on the ice like a baby for a while again, and when he realized it didn't end up giving the hawks a penalty he got up and skated away, so the only thing that was hurt was wings fans pride (franzen has no self respect)

If the Wings ever do trade Franzen, he'd fit in well with the Nucks.

Speaking of which, did anyone see the highlights from the Sharks Nucks game?  Jannik Hansen shoves the ref from behind before they even drop the puck to start the game.  I have no idea what was going on at the start of the game. 

#489 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

i love rivalry games. this one was fun but the outcome not so much.

wings got a point out of it, so thats alright.

cant think about the loss now, gotta move forward and play better tuesday against Dallas. 

#490 stewess

stewess

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

In this situation, Brunner WAS THE D man! That's why it was his mistake.

I'm sure by the end of the season you'll be able to list each and every one of Brunner's mistakes but won't be able to name 10 things he did well. ;)

btw no idea if it was his mistake, I've only seen the goal from the moment where he comes late, don't know how it came to the situation.

#491 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Definitely got a point we didn't deserve last night, 0-for-6 on the PP is abyssmal.

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#492 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

In this situation, Brunner WAS THE D man! That's why it was his mistake.

It is too bad to, I was really wondering how he was going to do when I saw it was Brunner back there.  He was just a second delayed or he had the guy, good lesson for him he's going to awesome.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#493 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

I've deleted a few posts.  This is a thread for discussing the game, not about lecturing how Wings fans will or should behave. 

Stay on topic please.

#494 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

esteef

I remember when Jamie McClennen "slashed" Franzen and everyone on LGW threw a fit.  I thought the slash was nothing at the time.

Last night's spear was much worse, and LGW is 100% against him.

I just find it funny how things turn on a dime around here.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#495 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

I remember when Jamie McClennen "slashed" Franzen and everyone on LGW threw a fit.  I thought the slash was nothing at the time.

Last night's spear was much worse, and LGW is 100% against him.

I just find it funny how things turn on a dime around here.

last nights spear? Ive walked into corners of tables much harder than he was "speared" that stick barely touched him

#496 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

last nights spear? Ive walked into corners of tables much harder than he was "speared" that stick barely touched him

But do you agree that he was speared? Bolland clearly turned his stick over and not only tried to do it once but tried twice and succeeded the second time. Yeah Franzen embellished it but still doesn't excuse the fact that Bolland did it. 

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#497 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

According to the rules, it was the intent of the play, it should be penalized.  Even the announcers said it was a dangerous play.  I don't know how hard he was hit because I was not the recipient.  I suppose if you hate Franzen, then you can deduce it wasn't a spear and if you like him, then it was. 

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#498 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I had too much vodka last night during the game. Moving forward let's see if we can light up the Stars this next game. 5 on 5 we are looking ok it's just our special teams are giving me nightmares right now. Something's gotta give...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 28 January 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#499 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

FWIW, in an Mlive article Mule makes it sound like the spear knocked the wind out of him.  Who knows.  It's really a case of the boy who cried wolf.  

http://www.mlive.com...zen_recove.html

Was Kindl a healthy scratch last night?  With the way Lashoff is playing and the addition of Huskins it seems like he may never crack the lineup. 

#500 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

FWIW, in an Mlive article Mule makes it sound like the spear knocked the wind out of him.  Who knows.  It's really a case of the boy who cried wolf.  

http://www.mlive.com...zen_recove.html

Was Kindl a healthy scratch last night?  With the way Lashoff is playing and the addition of Huskins it seems like he may never crack the lineup. 

Yea, I read the same article.  I guess you have to go off of past experience here.  You know there are people who will try to draw penalties.  We have seen Crosby dive a few times in the past and we laugh about it.  Franzen just doesn't appear to do that.  So I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain