• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#41 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I agree the draft is a gamble, and nobodyhas a crystal ball or those guys you listed would have gone top 10, but yes Niskanen and even Vlasic would have been much better picks, they are both over 6' and 200lbs. and are also puck moving defensemen.  Holland just had his boner for Europeans and was never going to take a NA kid.  That is why I am afraid if the Wings get a #17 or #18 pick, that we will see another garbage Euro even if Ryan Pulock is available. If we could find the draft day thread from 2005 somehow, you would see how sour I was when Holland drafted Kindl and he has proven me correct and Holland to be a fool that year. Sure he drafted Abby and Helm that same year, but Abby is what he is and Helm is proving more to be a china doll than what it seemed he would turn into...Not saying Abby or Helm were bad picks, but Kindl was. Holland isn't the drafting genius everyone thinks he is...

edit: You say looing back he would have loved to draft James Neal, well guess what, James Neal was is his own backyard in Plymouth so Holland should have been all over him, yet he chose to listen to his omnipotent European scouts.  Well, I sure wish he would stop doing that and start looking locally for talent, he has missed out on so much right in his own state let alone just in North America...BTW Yandle went in the 4th round that draft, again, no crystal ball, but plenty of BETTER talent in NA when that #19 pick came up...what a waste.

Holland decide that Ritola would be better than Yandle or even he could have picked up Hjalmarsson in that same round...Holland just isn't the great and powerful, he is more like the man behind the curtain...

Kindl was drafted in the 2005 draft out of OHL (Kitchener Rangers).  So despite the fact that Kindl is European, Holland and the Wings did draft from North America.  Now, if your bias is simply against European born players period, so be it.  But get your facts straight.

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=71295

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#42 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Kindl was drafted in the 2005 draft out of OHL (Kitchener Rangers).  So despite the fact that Kindl is European, Holland and the Wings did draft from North America.  Now, if your bias is simply against European born players period, so be it.  But get your facts straight.

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=71295

Really? Wow, I had no idea that Kindl played for Kitchner, despite the fact that I mentioned he did....

...to debunk your attempt to slap me, Kindl was in his first season at Kitchner when he was drafted by Detroit, he was obviously scouted while playing over in the Czech league prior to also being watched in the OHL. Bottom line is, Holland fails more than he suceeds with his Euro picks. It shows throughout his draft history. He drafted Kindl because of his European scouts who said something good about him, but he was by far NOT the best available defender at #19 that year...Holland just loves his Euro's and now it is showing how good (or bad) his picks actually are...You cannot go to that well too many times, there are only so many Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's out there, sometimes you got to stop trying to shock the world and draft the corrrect players...Also he drafts players that he knows are going to sit in the minors until they expire and that needs to stop.He needs to draft players that will be in the NHL within two years not 5 or 6...ESPECIALLY his 1st round picks...

I do realize he was ranked pretty high in the ISS rankings, that is fine.  But fast forward to today, he stinks, its time to let him go....I just stick to my guns by saying I didn't like the pick and I have maintained it throughout the last 7 years and he stinks...just my opinion of him back then and today.

Anyhow on topic, I hope the Wings win tonight and I do hope Piddler gets his clock cleaned.  Like I said, even if he comes here and scores all the goals, I still dont like him, but good for him, he needed to move on to get better and a fresh start. He sucked here, so does Franzie, so he needs to move on too for a fresh start...I may not be a scout (or maybe I am :P ) or a GM, but I am a pretty good judge of talent and watch a lot of young kids play hockey.  There are a lot of us in this forum that can judge talent and could do a very good job as a scout in the NHL...the job is not that hard...

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 February 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#43 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Brunner lets one rip...and then Franzen cleans up the junk

I was eating when I read that, thank you very much! *ahem*

Wings win 3-1 (Brunns, Z, Flip)

Huds grabs his old line mates Z and Flip and they skate to Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." Crowd goes wild.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#44 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Iggy with his usual 3 pt night & Hudler will of course score, but we'll take it 4-3.

By wanting it more.

Go Wings!

Burke.gif

#45 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Inginla will score a lot, to impress maybe one of his choice of teams at the deadline...Hmmmm....

www.thinkdunes.com

#46 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Really? Wow, I had no idea that Kindl played for Kitchner, despite the fact that I mentioned he did....

...to debunk your attempt to slap me, Kindl was in his first season at Kitchner when he was drafted by Detroit, he was obviously scouted while playing over in the Czech league prior to also being watched in the OHL. Bottom line is, Holland fails more than he suceeds with his Euro picks. It shows throughout his draft history. He drafted Kindl because of his European scouts who said something good about him, but he was by far NOT the best available defender at #19 that year...Holland just loves his Euro's and now it is showing how good (or bad) his picks actually are...You cannot go to that well too many times, there are only so many Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's out there, sometimes you got to stop trying to shock the world and draft the corrrect players...Also he drafts players that he knows are going to sit in the minors until they expire and that needs to stop.He needs to draft players that will be in the NHL within two years not 5 or 6...ESPECIALLY his 1st round picks...

I do realize he was ranked pretty high in the ISS rankings, that is fine.  But fast forward to today, he stinks, its time to let him go....I just stick to my guns by saying I didn't like the pick and I have maintained it throughout the last 7 years and he stinks...just my opinion of him back then and today.

Unless you're going to try and claim you said that in a different thread, or go back and edit a post now, you definitely did not say that.  All you did was cry about Holland listening to 'his european scouts'.

I was eating when I read that, thank you very much! *ahem*

Wings win 3-1 (Brunns, Z, Flip)

Huds grabs his old line mates Z and Flip and they skate to Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." Crowd goes wild.

you are most welcome

#47 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

I wouldn't say Helm is turning into a china doll. He had one back injury and when he finally recovered he fell onto a skate and lacerated his wrist. His current injury is the same one from before, it just flared up again, that is the thing about back injuries, they never fully heal

I hope you are right...I sure cannot wait for him to get back....but at the risk of derailing the subject, I think we should stick the the Game Day talk in this thread...

I hope the Wings win tonight! Go Wings Go!

Unless you're going to try and claim you said that in a different thread, or go back and edit a post now, you definitely did not say that.  All you did was cry about Holland listening to 'his european scouts'.

you are most welcome

Sorry it was in a different thread  http://www.letsgowin...ons-team/page-5 and you will see that it wasn't edited to add the word Kitchner...sometimes I lose track of where I am talking....

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#48 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

I hope you are right...I sure cannot wait for him to get back....but at the risk of derailing the subject, I think we should stick the the Game Day talk in this thread...

I hope the Wings win tonight! Go Wings Go!

Sorry it was in a different thread  http://www.letsgowin...ons-team/page-5 and you will see that it wasn't edited to add the word Kitchner...sometimes I lose track of where I am talking....

I was just poking fun at you with the edit thing.  It's cool

#49 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

As I will not be able to watch the game tonight and will be following this thread for my updates, can I preemptively ask that no one posts the Happy Huds Naked in a Hot Tub picture? Please?! My retinas would greatly appreciate your consideration.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#50 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

I was just poking fun at you with the edit thing.  It's cool

Nah, no biggie, sometimes I do lose track of my posts...I would love for everyone the Holland drafts to pan out. I;d love for Kindl to become what he was touted as, but it doesn't look like it.

Did I read that Lashoff was playing tonight? Cool! I like Lashoff, I know he isn't the greatest or that much better than Q, but I just have a hard time seeing a guy get $3.75M and playing worse than a guy making less than $1M...

He has for sure earned a spot here, as long as some folks find their way out of here....

www.thinkdunes.com

#51 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

wow! so much expectation of Hudler :)

probably, we should vote for Ilitch to pay referees for match penalty to Hudler as usually ....

hope Wings win, who scores? doesn't matter, what matters Wings score more and often

#52 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm going with 2-1 for the Wings.  Goals from Tatar & Brunner for the Wings & Happy for the Flames.

#53 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

I want the boyz to come out of this game with the 2 points. Go Wings Go!

#54 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Holland just isn't the great and powerful, he is more like the man behind the curtain...

Every single team bombs in every single draft. Either we're agreeing that no one is great and powerful, or we should be agreeing that considering the nature of the draft Holland (and everyone else involved) has done a great job.

#55 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Wings win 5-1 after Holland grows a pair and trades Mule, Cleary and Kindl for Iggy and Jay Bo. Jersey switch in warm up Get it done.

#56 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Graphics up soon. Sorry for the delay, everyone. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#57 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I want a Brunner hat trick!

be about it!

#58 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Listening to the game on my iPhone via internet radio tonight.  Very late night at work today.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#59 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Listening to the game on my iPhone via internet radio tonight.  Very late night at work today.

Aren't they just a blast?

#60 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

CAL 1 : 3 DET. GO Wings GO !

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate