Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

roadgdttemplate.jpg

*Mod Edit, from earlier discussion*

Per Ansar KHAAAAAAN!!!

Babcock said Tatar will start the game on line with Datsyuk and Filppula. Eaves is scratched.

and...

Babcock said White is playing tonight. Lashoff back in, Kindl out.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 05 February 2013 - 08:09 PM.
Adding lineup news & notes

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm glad to see Tatar slotted in with Datsyuk and Flip.  I'm calling it right now, Tatar scores a goal tonight.

Also glad to see Lashoff getting another game.  For me, I hope we see the following d pairs:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Lashoff

Huskins - White

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#3 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Classic Babs line shake up.

Tatar - Pav - Val or Tatar - Val - Pav?

Should be fun to watch. As long as Huds doesn't go nuts or something.

I'd imagine that Babs will keep Flip on the Wing. He's responded well to playing there.

any news on starting netminders?

Saw a tweet yesterday from practice that Howard had a net to himself, while Mrazek and McCollum were sharing a net. Seemed to indicate that Howard was getting the next start.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#4 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Does this mean the third line is Bertuzzi - Abby - Cleary for tonight? That should be fun.

Excited to see Tatar, however, especially playing with Pavel. Lashoff deserves to be dressed after his previous performances. Kindl is getting close or already there to being a case of he's never going to develop.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#5 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Does this mean the third line is Bertuzzi - Abby - Cleary for tonight? That should be fun.

Excited to see Tatar, however, especially playing with Pavel. Lashoff deserves to be dressed after his previous performances. Kindl is getting close or already there to being a case of he's never going to develop.

I think it's a good spot for Bert, he can move up if needed but at this point of his career he's a 3rd liner and 2nd unit PP guy.  As for Cleary his spot should be about 50 rows up in the press box.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#6 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

For those who posted in my previous "Pre-GDT" thread, I'm sorry, but your posts were deleted, and it's completely my fault.  

I can't merge those posts into this thread without bumping Hockeytown0001's post down (due to the timestamp on the posts).  I think we all can agree that since he works so hard on the graphics on these GDT's, he deserves to have his work featured at the very top of this thread.

So Euro_Twins, Ram, and stevieisthebest, My apologies for your now-missing posts.  And sorry for the confusion to anyone else who's wondering what the heck is going on around here.

• Nev likes this

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

#7 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm glad to see Tatar slotted in with Datsyuk and Flip.  I'm calling it right now, Tatar scores a goal tonight.

Also glad to see Lashoff getting another game.  For me, I hope we see the following d pairs:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Lashoff

Huskins - White

I would rather see

kronwall-lashoff

ericsson-quincey

huskins-white

the kronwall lashoff set up seemed like a pretty good fitting imo.

I think ericsson's style would compliment quincey more, and lashoff and kronwall compliment each other pretty good

For those who posted in my previous "Pre-GDT" thread, I'm sorry, but your posts were deleted, and it's completely my fault.  

I can't merge those posts into this thread without bumping Hockeytown0001's post down (due to the timestamp on the posts).  I think we all can agree that since he works so hard on the graphics on these GDT's, he deserves to have his work featured at the very top of this thread.

So Euro_Twins, Ram, and stevieisthebest, My apologies for your now-missing posts.  And sorry for the confusion to anyone else who's wondering what the heck is going on around here.

:hammer:  I was here first! lmao  :baby:

#8 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

I would rather see

kronwall-lashoff

ericsson-quincey

huskins-white

Yeah, that was the other combo I was thinking about.  I left my combos as they are more because I don't think Babcock would split Kronwall - Ericsson.  But, yeah I thought Kronwall and Lashoff made a great combo too. 

The only thing I would change on your combos is I would put Ericsson on the right side and Quincey on the left.

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#9 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

I would rather see

kronwall-lashoff

ericsson-quincey

huskins-white

the kronwall lashoff set up seemed like a pretty good fitting imo.

I think ericsson's style would compliment quincey more, and lashoff and kronwall compliment each other pretty good

:hammer:  I was here first! lmao  :baby:

Indeed you were.  Mea culpa, my friend.

#10 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm setting the over/under on Hudler's point total for the Wings game at 1.5, and Zetterberg's over/under will be the same.

Any bets?

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#11 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Good help is so hard to find.

GD blurb from the Calgary Herald. Apparently Hudler is on fire with 5 points in 3 games.  What was also interesting (for those who like Gretzkey) is that Hank has been Wayne's favorite player to watch over the last ten years; even thinks he's better than Lidstrom.  Just one more thing "The Great One" and I disagree on.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#12 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Good help is so hard to find.

Hey, you get what you pay for. And I've yet to receive a paycheck from anyone here on LGW...

To quote the great Jayne Cobb from Firefly...  

Ten percent of nothing is—let me do the math here. Nothing into nothin'. Carry the nothin'...

#13 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

I'm setting the over/under on Hudler's point total for the Wings game at 1.5, and Zetterberg's over/under will be the same.

Any bets?

Ill take the under on both in hopes that our 3rd or 4th line snipes a few goals tonight and Hoodles poops his pants watching Dats play on the other team

#14 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Any bets?

Huds under, Z over

How about a Tatar over under of 1.5? Now there's a gamble ha

I'm excited to see what the kid can do though, go wings!

Ill take the under on both in hopes that our 3rd or 4th line snipes a few goals tonight and Hoodles poops his pants watching Dats play on the other team

I want to see Pav make a fool out of huds :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#15 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hey, you get what you pay for. And I've yet to receive a paycheck from anyone here on LGW...

To quote the great Jayne Cobb from Firefly...  

lol, damn, there goes my dream of quitting my job and being a mod :P

#16 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

All the sh*t and abuse you have wade through is better than any monetary sum you could receive isnt it?

#17 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Huds under, Z over

How about a Tatar over under of 1.5? Now there's a gamble ha

I'm excited to see what the kid can do though, go wings!

I want to see Pav make a fool out of huds :P

Can you imagine the stupid smile on huds face disappear when he thinks he is about to score and dats steals the puck mid shot and sets up a play that ends up in the flames net?

#18 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Can you imagine the stupid smile on huds face disappear when he thinks he is about to score and dats steals the puck mid shot and sets up a play that ends up in the flames net?

It will happen so fast he won't get a chance to smile.  :clap:

#19 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Your payment is the joy you receive from a job mediocrely done and the occasional Wings-related package.  My payment is being the one who gets to go out and purchase said Wings-related package items and ship them off.   :P

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#20 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

That Datsyuk line is got g to be very fast, I expect big things from them. Eaves needs to get himself right, I can see why the scratch, I just wish that Babs would sit Cleary for the same reason and have Nyquist up in his place. Speed kills in the NHL and our team lacks it right now.

Wings win 4-3
Hudler with a hat trick and an own goal to win it for the Wings.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".