• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I may be in the minority here but I havent been all that impressed with Andersson. For having a big body, he doesnt use it alot. What does he bring to the tabe for this team? I know he is young but he certainly hasnt dazzled. I would prefer Eaves in the line-up

i agree about not using his body at all. 9 times out of 10, when a guy gets his first couple games in the nhl, he is skating around hitting everyone making sure the coaches know hes out there making an impact. andersson was the opposite of that. he was like franzen jr out there.

overall though, i do think he played well. i just wished we had someone more physical filling that bottom 6 role.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

He's currently too slow to cut it in the NHL.

#23 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

i agree about not using his body at all. 9 times out of 10, when a guy gets his first couple games in the nhl, he is skating around hitting everyone making sure the coaches know hes out there making an impact. andersson was the opposite of that. he was like franzen jr out there.

overall though, i do think he played well. i just wished we had someone more physical filling that bottom 6 role.

Babcock needs to put him on the line with Tootoo, have him show the kid how to throw his body around, and if he still doesn't get it, send him back down and call up Sheahan, he knows how to use his size.

Edited by McAwesome, 11 February 2013 - 09:10 PM.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#24 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Really? I thought he was quick last year.

#25 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

sp-940-gill-hal-8col.jpg

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#26 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Really? I thought he was quick last year.

No he's Andersson, Quick plays for LA  :w00t2:

#27 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Small sample size but he holds a 71.4% face off percentage right now.  Certainly beats the 45.5% win percentage held by the Wings current 4th line center.

Ok, that's one stat but let's look at the rest of his play... Took a silly penalty, is a minus, has three giveaways and no takeaways and no shots on goal. He has potential but he is not NHL ready verses a solid role player who has a wicked wrister, some speed and is very effective on the PK.

Eaves is glass.  Andersson is probably trying real hard not to get out of position right now, so it's probably safe to say he needs a bit more time to get comfortable with a spot in the line-up before he goes all out.  I'd rather give the new blood a chance.  

Eaves was out of the line up with a serious concussion.....give the brother a minute!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#28 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Ok, that's one stat but let's look at the rest of his play... Took a silly penalty, is a minus, has three giveaways and no takeaways and no shots on goal. He has potential but he is not NHL ready verses a solid role player who has a wicked wrister, some speed and is very effective on the PK.

Eaves was out of the line up with a serious concussion.....give the brother a minute!

Just wondering if he is still dealing with that to some degree. They do seem to be finding every reason to not play him.

#29 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

I think Andersson played well. Hitting everyone in his sight? No, definitely, but his positioning was good, he is going to the tough areas, fighting for the puck. Reminded me Mule in his first games with the big club.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#30 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

hes slow hasnt hit anyone, when there is contact he seems to fall. could be normal but everyone seemed to put a lot of hype on him like every minor and i expected more

tatar plays bigger than this guy

#31 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

He might be all right someday, but right now we have other NHL ready players in Tatar, Nyquist, and Lashoff. Mrazek is probably close, too, but I'd rather he get playing time.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#32 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

No he's Andersson, Quick plays for LA  :w00t2:

You zinged him!

"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5