• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Mike McKee

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

McKee is averaging half a point a game and is a +9.
There are NHL d-man (Tom Gilbert scored 28 in 57, Dallas rookie and first round draft
choice Oleksiak who had scored 23 points in 43 games for the Texas Stars before the lockout ended only had 4 points in 24 games his last year in the USHL for example) that didn't score as much PPG at the same age in the USHL.
Maybe he can actually be a player rather than just a goon

This guy is going to be the next MacIntyre in this league. Give him 3 more years and he is will be a top enforcer in this league. Can't wait to see him with the big club, loved this pick and still do great find by Holland.

Sent from my BlackBerry

Ya, I hope we keep him, develop him, and don't trade him away. He is definatly outside the small european skilled player model that Holland seems to love so much. Could this be Nill or babcock getting more of what they want?

This guy is going to be the next MacIntyre in this league. Give him 3 more years and he is will be a top enforcer in this league. Can't wait to see him with the big club, loved this pick and still do great find by Holland.

Sent from my BlackBerry

I think the fact that he's going to a University program next year will improve his chances of making the NHL.

We already know he can fight but without improving the rest of his game he'd be looking at a the likelihood of being a career minor leaguer.

I hope playing a couple of years in a no fighting league won't hurt his abilities to scrap though, its been a while since the Wings had a guy like him.

I think the fact that he's going to a University program next year will improve his chances of making the NHL.

We already know he can fight but without improving the rest of his game he'd be looking at a the likelihood of being a career minor leaguer.

I hope playing a couple of years in a no fighting league won't hurt his abilities to scrap though, its been a while since the Wings had a guy like him.

That and we would do better IMHO at LW than at D. Perfect protection for those small skilled euro forwards i talked about. Then add McCarron in this year draft to play RW on another line and we are all set! the new bash brothers!!!!!!!

It didn't hurt smith's fighting ability.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XgfUer47wGU?autoplay=1

According to RedWingsCentral, he just got suspended for 4 games for too many majors. His coach wasn't happy about it either as McKee was in the box for three goals against.

This guy is definately a long term project. The Wings don't have to sign him to an entry level deal until Spring of 2016 at the latest, and even if they wait till that long he'll still have 3 waiver exempt season to go down to GR. Hopefully at Western he can add some other tools to his game other than goonery. Like stated before, I too like the versatility that he brings as well. I read somewhere that he converted from wing to D and there's always the possibity that the Wings could use him as a physical force or enforcer up front.

*lol* at getting suspended for too many majors, this guy will be one heck of an enforcer I hope he doesn't let these clowns change the way he is approaching this game. So thrilled to have this gem of a prospect.

Agreed. FREE THE MONSTER!!!!!!!!!! Move him to LW though. All the small euros need a body guard.

he is. all season. Needs to be signed and go play in the minors.

He's at least a couple years away from that, He's already committed to Western Michigan of the NCAA and will be playing in a league without fighting for the next couple seasons.

He's at least a couple years away from that, He's already committed to Western Michigan of the NCAA and will be playing in a league without fighting for the next couple seasons.

Yes, but he can also leave anytime. In a perfect world, he would sign, go to Toledo for a year or 2, and the RW would hire Hommer to be his tutor on how to play in front of the net.

I think going the NCAA route will be far better for him. Right now he's a goon who would be a severe liability on an AHL or NHL team. Let him develop the other side of his game in a league without fighting and hopefully he can turn himself into an NHL player who can also fight.

USHL is the equal to CHL. Better than the WHL but slightly behind the other 2. Just not as many teams. USHL is very very good.

The USHL is nowhere near as good as the CHL. There is a debate to be had between the CHL and the NCAA, but the not when it comes to the USHL, its not even close.

Top American prospects generally avoid the league all together.

The USHL is nowhere near as good as the CHL. There is a debate to be had between the CHL and the NCAA, but the not when it comes to the USHL, its not even close.

Top American prospects generally avoid the league all together.

Not true at all. You have to keep in mind that the UN Under 18 plays in the USHL, and they have maybe half of the top US prospects playing on the team. 10 years ago I would agree with you. But the USHL has done a great job overall in developing their league, and getting top US players to play there.

For example, using this ranking-one of many, the number of USHL players in the top 100 (16) and the number of WHL players in the top 100 (21) is very close. Now this is just 1 ranking for 1 year. Also the WHL has more teams 22 to 16.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=1&sort=finalRank&year=2013&pg=1

But the days of having a big difference or any difference is just about gone.

Edited by Richdg

Not true at all. You have to keep in mind that the UN Under 18 plays in the USHL, and they have maybe half of the top US prospects playing on the team. 10 years ago I would agree with you. But the USHL has done a great job overall in developing their league, and getting top US players to play there.

For example, using this ranking-one of many, the number of USHL players in the top 100 (16) and the number of WHL players in the top 100 (21) is very close. Now this is just 1 ranking for 1 year. Also the WHL has more teams 22 to 16.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=1&sort=finalRank&year=2013&pg=1

Haha good joke!

The US under 18 team also plays a bunch of games against national squads and vs NCAA division I and II teams.

They aren't undefeated vs the USHL, but they are clearly dominant vs them. They are also not playing for the US Under 18 team because they see the USHL as a development league that will fast track them to the NHL.

The USHL isn't incapable of developing players into elite talents, but those that are already elite at young ages will go to the CHL or the US Development program, and generally avoid the USHL because its an inferior league.