• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Isles place Rick DiPietro on waivers

Rate this topic

I hope someone claims him just to screw with the Isles.

They do so many nutty things to themselves, I'm not sure they can be screwed with.

They signed Tim Thomas to take on his cap hit and get up to the floor even though he'll never play for them. That's hard to top.

And only three more years on that Yashin contract! :lol:

Is anyone besides me wondering how in the world Garth still has a job? Where are the "Fire Snow" signs?

Considering what they've had in the past it probably doesn't feel too bad. The fans are probably just happy they have a player to root for since Palfy left town.

Tavares, by more than twice what they're still paying to Yashin (and will continue to pay him, until the 2014-2015 season).

http://capgeek.com/islanders

lol.. wow. It's going to be what 7 full seasons since he last played?

Edited by Number19

They signed Tim Thomas to take on his cap hit and get up to the floor even though he'll never play for them. That's hard to top.

They get to the cap floor and don't have to actually pay him anything. Both teams did well out of that bizarre situation.

Guest Crymson

Claim him and send him to gr. just because I'm still mad they stole Nabokov. Add him to our trade for a solid defenseman.

... the team would be on the hook for his $4.5m. Besides, who on earth would want to trade for the guy?

If I understand correctly, Thomas only effects their cap. No actual money is being paid. As for DP, it makes sense. he was a good young g, they signed him, and he got hurt.....again. It happens. yes he will get bought out in the off season, if they have any sense at all. he is going to get the money anyway, so might as well get it over with and take the chance to get out from under his cap hit. But let's not laugh to loudly. We have 3 guys signed into their 40's that will be paying 14 million for, regardless if they are playing or not.

He cleared.

Det's Jan Mursak and NYI's Rick DiPietro both clear Waivers.

They get to the cap floor and don't have to actually pay him anything. Both teams did well out of that bizarre situation.

Oh, I agree. It took how many days into the new season before there was this first cap circumvention? :D

It was just a crazy situation. The Isles seem to have a lot of those.

Maybe Snow isn't necessarily terrible. Maybe Wong just has different goals than other teams. He seems to use the team as a tax or business trick, and the goal every year is just to get to the cap floor. Hence, the retarded contracts. I don't think Wong cares about those contracts, they served a purpose. Question is, why does Snow stay when he is constantly made a fool?

Maybe Snow isn't necessarily terrible. Maybe Wong just has different goals than other teams. He seems to use the team as a tax or business trick, and the goal every year is just to get to the cap floor. Hence, the retarded contracts. I don't think Wong cares about those contracts, they served a purpose. Question is, why does Snow stay when he is constantly made a fool?

I'd be made a fool for that kind of money. Heck, I do it for minimum wage.

It's possible that he actually likes the Islanders, or that he likes living in NY.

It's also possible that he's hanging in there waiting for something better to come along, but nothing comes because of what he's done, so he's trapped. Better to be making big bucks and have everyone point and laugh than to be unemployed.