• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Kings had their best game of the year against us and Howard won the game.  They've been playing hard as hell since and getting results.  Gonna be a barn burner.  Hope we're up for it.

SJ is always tuff, and probably looking to this game to regain their early season form.  They always get up for us, always trying to shed the chip off their shoulder.  Hope we're up for it.

Chicago.  Nuff said.  Hope we're up for it.

And the points in this stretch are so important...hopefully we're heating up and the trip will bring the guys together even more...I'm a little anxious for game time...

Go Wings!

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

I'm looking forward to watching the Wings play Chicago.

#3 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

It's a good road trip in the sense that it's acutally three great examples of three different styles of competive teams; LA built to the super agressive extreme, Chicago built to the super skilled  extreme, and SJ a great combination of skill and agression, somewhere between to the two others.

We'll get to see how we can compete against successful examples of all three schools of thought.

I just hope we bring it every night.

Edit:  And of course, all three have a special place in their "compete" for Detroit.

Edited by T.Low, 26 February 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#4 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Beat Kings, lose to Sharks, and end Chicago's point streak. Kings we'll show up for, win. San Jose always has our number and it's the first time we'll see Stewie, plus back-to-back, we'll drop it but hopefully win! Chicago barely squeaked a win against us, we'll come back and end it this time around. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#5 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Beat Kings, lose to Sharks, and end Chicago's point streak. Kings we'll show up for, win. San Jose always has our number and it's the first time we'll see Stewie, plus back-to-back, we'll drop it but hopefully win! Chicago barely squeaked a win against us, we'll come back and end it this time around. 

Im calling it- 3 wins.

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Detroit v. Chicago is a home game, si?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#7 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Definitely will be a telling week. That's for sure.

#8 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

This is a 2 game road trip. Chicago is the first of a 3 game home stand. Either way it won't be easy. As usual our success will be dictated by our effort level. As it always will be as long as we're as skilled as we are.

That, and how we handle the forecheck in our own end. If our defensemen don't make mistakes, we'll win.

#9 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

it is in fact a home game, but i do like it involved in this convo. most important week of the season yet. 2-0-1 would be a great success though these 3.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#10 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

it is in fact a home game, but i do like it involved in this convo. most important week of the season yet. 2-0-1 would be a great success though these 3.

I'd be happy with 1-1-1. 500.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#11 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'd be happy with 1-1-1. 500.

I agree....hoping for 3-4 pts!

#12 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Detroit v. Chicago is a home game, si?

Si.  Lo siento mucho.

#13 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Last back to back Wings stomped Vancouver, and it was beautiful.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#14 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

The easy part of our schedule is over. Now we begin the tough part. Hell the tough half+. We still have 5 west coast trips to do. Yuck. if we split these 2 on the road, I am happy.

#15 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

The easy part of our schedule is over. Now we begin the tough part. Hell the tough half+. We still have 5 west coast trips to do. Yuck. if we split these 2 on the road, I am happy.

We have a tough 3 games, then we get another bunch of games we should win. After Chicago we face Colorado and Edmonton at home, followed by a road game at Columbus, then the first 2 of the western road trip against Calgary and Edmonton. 

After that the schedule gets much tougher and most of it is on the road. I expect the difficulty to ramp up right after the Edmonton game when we play Vancouver on our 3rd game in 4 nights. That one could be payback for the 8-3 drubbing we gave them the other night.

#16 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

We have a tough 3 games, then we get another bunch of games we should win. After Chicago we face Colorado and Edmonton at home, followed by a road game at Columbus, then the first 2 of the western road trip against Calgary and Edmonton. 

After that the schedule gets much tougher and most of it is on the road. I expect the difficulty to ramp up right after the Edmonton game when we play Vancouver on our 3rd game in 4 nights. That one could be payback for the 8-3 drubbing we gave them the other night.

Didn't say all the games were tough! LOL. But yes it gets a lot tougher from here on out.