Photo
- - - - -

3/3 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
919 replies to this topic

#821 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

How useless does Abdelkader have to be before Tatar gets his spot instead?

Babcock is so damn stubborn. The team is playing well overall, but the top-six needs to be juggled for Tuesday.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#822 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Epic melt down. f*** Babcock and f*** holland.

I think all the players including the Hawks were uptight toward the end.  Nobody was getting decent passes off.  The difference was the Wings ultimately let the Hawks' record get to them.   They let themselves be intimidated.  I cannot imagine how s***ty Ericsson (and Kronwall - our two best defensemen) feels right now.  Can't fathom it.  We hope to be at the game at the end of March.  If I have to I'm down on the ice, tripping those Indian head a-holes every chance I get.  

At least Kronner is otherwise a good defenseman.  Ericsson contributes little and takes the worst penalties.

But really, Kronner, c'mon....

You have GOT to be kidding about Ericsson.  He's had a great run so far this season and you can easily see the improvement in his play if you're paying attention..  They BOTH screwed up today,  Hello?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#823 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

georgemalik: Dunno if y'all caught this: Mike Stone asked Babcock if he's thought of putting Tatar/Andersson with Datsyuk. Babs' response? "No."

georgemalik: It was on WXYT: Babs said he felt that team had a "lack of depth up front" & Stone asked about Tatar/Andersson w/ 13. "NO." End of presser.

Babcock has lost his mind. Though Malik speculates as to the reason this is going on and makes some interesting points, but still. 

CRAZY. 

#824 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

We have 3 goals in three games and none of them are from our top 2 lines.  In fact 2 of them are from Tatar's line.  What's up Babcock?

esteef

On the other hand, our third and fourth lines are doing great and can probably beat out a few first and second lines around the league.  And their talent and aggression only adds to our depth.  Hopefully, Babcock will finally see Datsyuk's line needs tweaking.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#825 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Babcock has lost his mind. Though Malik speculates as to the reason this is going on and makes some interesting points, but still. 

CRAZY. 

For glass-half-full type people, this could mean he hadn't thought of it "yet".  :D  You're welcome coach!  It was LGW's idea!

esteef

Edited by esteef, 03 March 2013 - 05:18 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#826 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

How useless does Abdelkader have to be before Tatar gets his spot instead?

Babcock is so damn stubborn. The team is playing well overall, but the top-six needs to be juggled for Tuesday.

Well let's see so far he has 0 points. Negative points?

#827 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Parros - 2 points in 19 games

Abdelkader - 1 point in 22 games

Hence, Parros is twice as good as Abdelkader.  

Another miss by Holland.   :glare:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#828 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Maybe Babcock is afraid of putting too much pressure on Tatar and doesn't want to kill his momentum? That seems semi logical, but doesn't hold up under scrutiny. Maybe he doesn't want to screw up the bottom 6? But even then, I'd rather have a functioning top 6.

Tatar got one shift this season with Datsyuk and inexplicably never got another one. Babcock has to be lying. If we can think of that combo he has too. He has some secret reason for what he's doing.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#829 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

The games potentially take too long and the players get worn out. It's special in playoffs and it should stay there.

Also living in Atlantic Canada the Western Coast games are absolutely brutal and aren't over till 1 or 130 AM at the earliest in the regular season

It's actually got to get wrapped up nice and tidy in a timely fashion for television needs, that's the main thing.  If the NHL wants TV revenue, they've got to supply a TV friendly product.

#830 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

they probably wanted to trade abdelkader, since he's f*cking useless and they have too many forwards when healthy.

so they throw him with datsyuk for a bunch of games to try to raise his value.

unfortunately, he's not even good enough to get a point or two after playing a month with one of the top 5 forwards in the game.

i think we need an "abdelkader apprectiation thread" shortly.

#831 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

they probably wanted to trade abdelkader, since he's f*cking useless and they have too many forwards when healthy.

unfortunately, he's not even good enough to get a point or two after playing a month with one of the top 5 forwards in the game.

Who would want Abdelkader?  I wouldn't trade anything for him if I was a GM.  Players like that are widely available.  

1 point in 22 games?  Nobody wants that.  

#832 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

CRAZY. 

This actually happened?? Just "no"? Hasn't and won't even consider it? Honestly...

#833 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Who would want Abdelkader?  I wouldn't trade anything for him if I was a GM.  Players like that are widely available.  

1 point in 22 games?  Nobody wants that.

you're absolutely right. but maybe they thought if he put up a few points with datsyuk, they could get some clueless GM like feaster to trade for him.

abdelkader just happens to be even worse than they anticipated.

Edited by fat guy in a maltby jersey, 03 March 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#834 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Those two (lucky) SCF goals against the Pens were huge. After that nothing of note that I can remember. A couple lost fights and some chip ins.

#835 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

you're absolutely right. but maybe they thought if he put up a few points with datsyuk, they could get some clueless GM like feaster to trade for him.

abdelkader just happens to be even worse than they anticipated.

Meh.  I doubt we'd be sabotaging our chances of winning every night, just to trade some useless plug.  

Then again, I don't know why he's playing on the 2nd line instead of Tatar, who is actually scoring right now.  If they need a mindless grinder on that line, they already have Cleary.    

Makes no sense.  

#836 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

This actually happened?? Just "no"? Hasn't and won't even consider it? Honestly...

Just saw the post-game with Babs. It's true. Just a simple "No.". 

But obviously there has to be more going on. Of course a coach will consider everything. 

Could be a case of giving Abdelkader and Cleary every possible chance to succeed before they're out of here. Holland being able to say, "you got X amount of games with Datsyuk and put up X amount of points. Just not good enough. Goodbye.". 

Something has to be the cause of this line and Babcock's refusal to change it up. 

#837 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Just saw the post-game with Babs. It's true. Just a simple "No.". 

But obviously there has to be more going on. Of course a coach will consider everything. 

Could be a case of giving Abdelkader and Cleary every possible chance to succeed before they're out of here. Holland being able to say, "you got X amount of games with Datsyuk and put up X amount of points. Just not good enough. Goodbye.". 

Something has to be the cause of this line and Babcock's refusal to change it up. 

There has to be something going on behind the scenes. So many obvious problems with the line combos that are suddenly immovable. Babcock usually isn't afraid to change typically good lines on a whim mid-game if things aren't working, and yet something that has had zero success like that line don't even consider another look? Hmmmm....

#838 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Abby just can't really do anything this year. It's kinda sad and he's been given plenty of chances. Abby just can't score.

Overall a good game and solid effort today minus those two penalties at the end.

Would have been nice to break the Hawks record but oh well.

The Blackhawks on the otherhand right now as much as we/I hate them they are looking good and are for real.

#839 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

I was amazed on how flat the mule was today...  It seemed he was making more mistakes rather than doing the right play.  And Ericsson...  man, he had one of his best games until that Delay of Game at the end.  This should have been a W for Howard.

#840 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Babcock is clearly tanking.

bringit.jpg