• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

tsn just mentioned saint louis have a ton of rfa's and there salary will go up so they might trade him , since were moving to the east we might have a chance at trading for his services now

would you??? there saying stl is looking for a top 4 d man

maybe at seasons end we could do a quincey +  for stewart??

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Why would they want Quincey's unproductive ass?  Because of his wonderful plus/minus no doubt.   :sleepy:   His only point this season was that fluke goal (against Columbus I believe).  

I hate Stewart and would love to see him ran over by a bus.  However, he would help our team immensely.

Don't know what the Blues asking price is, but I just can't understand why Quincey would be a valued player.  The guy is an average jobber. Stewart, on the other hand, has put up really good numbers this season.    

Edited by GMRwings1983, 11 March 2013 - 07:26 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

If there looking to get rid of salary im not sure they would be cool with taking Q's 3.7mil. It would cost a lot and dont think the wings would be willing to part with the pieces.

#4 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Just the type of player we need

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

There are only two forwards on the Wings who have scored more points than Stewart this year?  Any guess as to who they are?  Our garbage tends to be overvalued on this site for sure.  

If I'm St Louis, I'd ask for Brendan Smith/Filppula plus something else (likely a pick).  

Quincey is not someone I'd be asking for.    

Edited by GMRwings1983, 11 March 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#6 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Why would they want Quincey's unproductive ass?  Because of his wonderful plus/minus no doubt.   :sleepy:   His only point this season was that fluke goal (against Columbus I believe).  

I hate Stewart and would love to see him ran over by a bus.  However, he would help our team immensely.

Don't know what the Blues asking price is, but I just can't understand why Quincey would be a valued player.  The guy is an average jobber. Stewart, on the other hand, has put up really good numbers this season.    

Why do you hate Stewart?

Stewart has put up really good numbers every year except last year when he was in Hitchcock's doghouse. I think he is a 40 goal scorer waiting to be unleashed and also probably the toughest 30 goal scorer around

#7 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Why do you hate Stewart?
Stewart has put up really good numbers every year except last year when he was in Hitchcock's doghouse. I think he is a 40 goal scorer waiting to be unleashed and also probably the toughest 30 goal scorer around

I know he's a good player.  That's why I don't think we'll get him, nor do I think St. Louis would want to trade him for our crap.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 11 March 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#8 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

I know he's a good player.  That's why I don't think we'll get him, nor do I think St. Louis would want to trade him for our crap.  

You hate himbecause he is a good player?

#9 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

If there looking to get rid of salary im not sure they would be cool with taking Q's 3.7mil. It would cost a lot and dont think the wings would be willing to part with the pieces.

true but there looking for a top 4 d-man ... theres not really much teams trading top 4 dmen now i was thinking if we gave up quincey+ say a prospect like ferraro for stewart maybe theyd do it + we can give dekeyser a guaranteed spot and sign him

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

You hate himbecause he is a good player?

No.

I hate him because he ran Kronwall from behind with a dirty hit, and then spotpicked against Brad Stuart after a clean hit.  

I hate him because he's played for both the Avalanche and the Blues.  How can I not hate this turd?   

#11 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

He is a giant turd, but if he was a Wing it would be a different story. Imagine having him and Clowe, finally some power forwards, damn that would be nice.

#12 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Don't need him. Need a legit #1 D.

bringit.jpg

#13 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

He is a giant turd, but if he was a Wing it would be a different story. Imagine having him and Clowe, finally some power forwards, damn that would be nice.

I'd take Stewart in a second but I wouldn't want Clowe if San Jose paid us to take him.

Maybe a couple years ago but at this point he's less productive than Cleary.

#14 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

give em sammy :)

#15 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Don't need him. Need a legit #1 D.

dont complain then next year when were playing the bruins and we keep getting knocked around because we dont have young power forwards with grit instead of an old injury prone bertuzzi

I'd take Stewart in a second but I wouldn't want Clowe if San Jose paid us to take him.

Maybe a couple years ago but at this point he's less productive than Cleary.

its one bad year ... hes 30 years old i wouldnt say hes done

#16 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Stewart would definitely help this team. Imagine a top five of Datsyuk, Zetterber, Franzen, Brunner and Stewart. Then, flash forward to next year and maybe Tatar will also be a 20 goal scorer.

Stewart would definitely help this team. Imagine a top five of Datsyuk, Zetterber, Franzen, Brunner and Stewart. Then, flash forward to next year and maybe Tatar will also be a 20 goal scorer.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#17 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

It really doesn't matter that we might be in the East next year. The Blues are thinking about this year, the price would be too much for us regardless of whether or not they even factored that in to the trade

#18 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

As I said he would be, Stewart is worth a lot more now in a trade than he was before the season started.

Ideal player for the Wings

Edited by Johnz96, 13 March 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#19 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Stewart or Clowe would be fantastic, but the asking price is most likely Smith. Not sure how I feel about that.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#20 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

His style of play would certainly be valuable against the Eastern Conference next season. That being said, Smith would likely have to be included in the deal along with good picks or Tatar/Nyquist. Not worth it.