• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman191

2013 NHL Awards Favorites

Rate this topic

The truncated season has made all of the major awards a much closer race than they otherwise might have been - one bad streak, or one small injury, and suddenly the race completely changes.

With the regular season nearing completion, who is the favorite for each NHL award?

Hart - Alexander Ovechkin

Vezina - Craig Anderson

Norris - PK Subban

Art Ross - Steven Stamkos

Selke - Jonathan Tayes

Masterton - Daniel Cleary

Richard - Alexander Ovechkin

Jack Adams - Paul MacLean

Lady Byng - Pavel Datsyuk

This is one that will have a lot of debate I think. MacLean has done a spectacular job with his team, but so have Therrien, Babcock, Boudreau and if you really want throw in Quenneville as well.

This is one that will have a lot of debate I think. MacLean has done a spectacular job with his team, but so have Therrien, Babcock, Boudreau and if you really want throw in Quenneville as well.

Qunneville has done nothing. Anyone could succeed with their talent level right now. Let's see him coach our team to the playoffs.

Babcock shouldn't be in the discussion either. We might miss the playoffs and he's made some odd lineup choices throughout the year.

The other two are also good candidates, but I like MacLean the best. He pulled the team together after losing their Norris trophy winner for the season.

Hart - Sidney Crosby

Vezina - Sergei Bobrovsky

Norris - PK Subban

Art Ross - Martin St. Louis

Selke - Jonathan Toews

Masterton - Josh Harding

Jack Adams - Michel Therrien

Lady Byng - Matt Moulson

Calder - Brandon Gallagher

Hart - Ovechkin

Vezina - Niemi (although despite the injury Anderson deserves it)

Norris - Ryan Suter (unfortuantly, although he really did turn it around)

Art Ross - St Louis

Selke - Toews (although Datysuk deserves it every season he plays)

Hart - Dan Cleary if we make the playoffs

Vezina - Jimmy's puckhandling

Norris - Ian White

Art Ross - N/A

Selke - Dan Cleary

Masterton - Quincey's birdcage

Richard - We don't score goals

Jack Adams - Is Babcock the right guy moving forward?

Lady Byng - Jordin Tootoo

I used your template cause I be lazy.

Hart - Alexander Ovechkin

Vezina - Craig Anderson

Norris - Ryan Suter

Selke - Jonathan Toews

Masterton - Josh Harding

Richard - Steven Stamkos

Jack Adams - Paul MacLean (Senators are still in the hunt without Spezza, Karlson, weeks without Anderson just unbelievable)

Edited by frankgrimes

Qunneville has done nothing. Anyone could succeed with their talent level right now. Let's see him coach our team to the playoffs.

Babcock shouldn't be in the discussion either. We might miss the playoffs and he's made some odd lineup choices throughout the year.

The other two are also good candidates, but I like MacLean the best. He pulled the team together after losing their Norris trophy winner for the season.

Quenneville coached that team to what 24 consecutive games with a point? Never losing in regulation? As talented as they are, it still takes a lot of coaching to ensure they don't get complacent. I will add in that he has some great characters in the locker room, he still has some great feats this season.

McLean... wow. He deserves something. For what he has done with the injury group... just words cannot even.. i don't know. Shows a lot about the coaching staff and the drive of their team.

Babcock could get nominations, but I'd keep him out of it. For what he's done with the group of players he has had, with the injuries. It's great to see this team still in playoff contention (even though at times they aren't deserving of it).

I understand why Ovechkin is in the conversation for Hart right now, but I don't think he deserves it. Yes, he's on a hot streak near the end of the season and the team has gone from sucking to leading their division, but he was a key reason why they were sucking earlier. Also, his team is now leading a division where the other 4 teams might miss the playoffs, 3 of which will for sure and are in a dogfight for the worst team in the league.