• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#161 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

77% chance of making playoffs as of right now.

78% :)

But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#162 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

Both Detroit and Columbus have 2 games remaining ... against the two same teams, Dallas and Nashville.  What a coincidence.  

#163 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Best thing to do is win both games and we are in. Easier said than done yes.

Minnesota still has a chance at the 8th seed right or not making it?

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 24 April 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#164 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Best thing to do is win both games and we are in. Easier said than done yes.

Minnesota still has a chance at the 8th seed right or not making it?

If Detroit and Columbus both win out, and Minnesota loses out, then the Wild would miss the playoffs.  Detroit would be the 7th spot at 56 points, Columbus 8th at 55, and Minnesota out at 53.  That said, their final 2 games are vs. Edmonton (home) and then at Colorado, so losing out doesn't look too probable for them...

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#165 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

If Detroit and Columbus both win out, and Minnesota loses out, then the Wild would miss the playoffs.  Detroit would be the 7th spot at 56 points, Columbus 8th at 55, and Minnesota out at 53.  That said, their final 2 games are vs. Edmonton (home) and then at Colorado, so losing out doesn't look too probable for them...

Edmonton is just so bad I don't see them really being a problem for such a desperate team...you never know though. I'm far more concerned with Columbus, and the possibilities tomorrow. If Columbus can lose in regulation, and Detroit wins, well clinch a playoff spot.

#166 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Edmonton is just so bad I don't see them really being a problem for such a desperate team...you never know though. I'm far more concerned with Columbus, and the possibilities tomorrow. If Columbus can lose in regulation, and Detroit wins, well clinch a playoff spot.

This needs to happen so I don't have a heart attack on Saturday.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#167 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

It's actually not even that.  If Dallas wins in regulation vs. Columbus, then Detroit would only need 1 point to clinch a playoff spot. A Stars win in regulation would mean Columbus could finish no higher than 53 points, and the Stars could finish no higher than 52. Detroit's already at 52, so they would only need the one point to ensure no less than a tie with CBJ, which defaults to Detroit due to the ROW tiebreaker.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#168 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

Detroit and St. Louis will both have 22 ROW - tie

Head to Head they have played 5 times, according the NHL rules your throwout the first game (Detroit Loss) and then sort by record of the remaining four games..... 2-2.  tie...

Can't get 6th. It's not the first game, it's the first game in the city that had the extra home game. In this case, we did, so you throw out our 5-3 win.

With our ROW tonight, Columbus now can not beat us in a tiebreaker. So if we beat Nashville and Columbus loses, we are in. If the Jackets lose in regulation, Minny is also in. Regardless of what Columbus does, 3 points in our last two games puts us in.

Also with our win tonight, Phoenix is officially eliminated. We basically ended their season 3 of the last 4 years.

Dallas is virtually out, and the biggest Nashville fans in the world at this point. They need to beat Columbus, then beat us in regulation, and they need Nashville to beat us in regulation, then beat Columbus. Either they or Nashville need to beat Columbus in regulation.

#169 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

It's actually not even that.  If Dallas wins in regulation vs. Columbus, then Detroit would only need 1 point to clinch a playoff spot. A Stars win in regulation would mean Columbus could finish no higher than 53 points, and the Stars could finish no higher than 52. Detroit's already at 52, so they would only need the one point to ensure no less than a tie with CBJ, which defaults to Detroit due to the ROW tiebreaker.

I like that!

#170 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Some of the tie breakers past ROW bother me. There really should be a special tie breaker game played, not whatever team has a better goal differential or some bs. 

#171 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Some of the tie breakers past ROW bother me. There really should be a special tie breaker game played, not whatever team has a better goal differential or some bs. 

The schedule does not allow for an extra game. No major sports league on the planet does this.

Edited by Crymson, 25 April 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#172 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

The schedule does not allow for an extra game. No major sports league on the planet does this.

But we're going to have six winter classics, so why not. 

#173 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Uhmm baseball does

#174 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

We got this. Maybe. (Probably.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#175 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

We got this. Maybe. (Probably.)

I hope.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#176 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Someone is not a Tiger fan

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#177 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

If the Wings could play like they did the last two games tonight against Nashville and Rinne, they could clinch. That sure would bring my blood pressure down heading into the weekend.

Minnesota isn't uncatchable either, easier schedule to end the season, but crazier things have happened than the Wild losing to Edmonton at home and then at Colorado the next day.

Either way, Wings win and they don't have to worry about what anyone else is doing.

#178 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

I still can't get over that awesome pass by Ericsson on Datsyuk's goal.  Where did he pull this from? :lol:  BTW, I still think we can knock the Hawks off.  :blind:

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#179 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Well said, it's so refreshing to see someone who knows the proper usages of then and than. :thumbup:

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#180 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

Wings for 2 points tonight!

IPB Image