• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#1 bardownginos

bardownginos

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Update:

Minnesota added to the mix.  Here's how it shapes up with three games remaining. 

Minnesota Wild: 53

4/26 Edmonton

4/27 @Colorado

Columbus Blue Jackets: 51

4/25 @ Dallas

4/27 Nashville

Dallas Stars: 48

4/25 Columbus

4/27 Detroit 

Detroit Red Wings: 50

4/24 Los Angeles

4/25 Nashville

4/27 @ Dallas 

Standings:

1. Chicago - 73  (clinched playoff spot)

2. Anaheim - 64 (clinched playoff spot)

3. Vancouver - 59 (clinched playoff spot)

4. Los Angeles - 57 (clinched playoff spot)

5. San Jose - 55

6. St. Louis - 54

7. Minnesota - 53            (25-18-3, ROW 21)

8. Columbus - 51            (22-17-7, ROW 17)

9. Detroit - 50                  (21-16-8, ROW 19)

10. Dallas - 48                 (22-20-4, ROW 20)

----------------------------------------

Well. Three games remaining. One point behind the seventh and eight places with a game in hand on Columbus. Looks like all eyes will be on Dallas, TX Thursday night when the Jackets and Stars play each other. The best scenario for us would be for that game to be decided by a shootout. I think Minny is trending downward and though they have a much easier schedule than Columbus, Detroit, and Dallas, I wouldn't be surprised if they fell out. 

Edited by bardownginos, 24 April 2013 - 05:48 AM.

#2 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Never been so stressed in my whole entire life.
I still have faith...but not a whole lot of it.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#3 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

We'll never hear the end of it if the Jackets make it. Here's Detroit, the best hockey franchise of the past two decades, playing their final season in the Western Conference and they bend over to the BJs.

bringit.jpg

#4 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#5 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

I would love to be optimistic and understand we have a game in hand. But I felt tonight was a huge game to prove just how much the team wants to get the 8th spot. And we folded against Calgary. No matter how good their goaltending is, good teams find a way to win. Teams desperate for playoffs find ways to win.

There's time to fix it and get that 8th spot, but I'm just not feeling it after that game tonight. You had Columbus against the ducks, most would expect them to lose that. And you have us looking to put a gap against Calgary and we served that up.

I won't be surprised at all if we miss

#6 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

It is simple really, Wings need to win at least 3 of the next 5 and take the other two to overtime like someone mentioned. Anyway, I wouldn't be pissed if they missed because a chance at the first overall would be great and who cares what tank to win teams are saying about the RedWings? This franchise still has broken records and provided so much great hall of fame player there aren't many others who have been done that.

Let these bandwagoners brag about it, once this joke of a league is fixed the Wings will be back s tronger than ever. Imagine if this team gets a top 10 pick and gunning for the cup in two or 3 years again :-)

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#7 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

i dont believe them. Last three season they play very wronglz. Poor offensive, unbalance teamplay, bad defense in fact all is wrong. I dont know, how they can play good with that "team form"

#8 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

We honestly don't deserve to make the playoffs! I have been a life long Wings fan and I can honestly sit and say from the front office to the 4th line winger we don't act like we want it!

#9 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

i remember joking in a different thread how ironic it would be if the bluejackets finished the season in 8th place after they got Gaborik....

My wish: A healthy roster

#10 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

This place is going to be a laughing stock when the BJs beat the Wings out for a playoff spot, and I'll be a primary contributer. This team consistently finds a way to screw the pooch when they are in a win or die situation; its shameful.

#11 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

How bad is it? Franzen is a consistent threat to score and I haven't seen Datsyuk in what feels like weeks.

#12 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

Mass hysteria
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#13 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

Based on the lack of desperation in their play, I don't think the Detroit players realizes that they are in a race. Either that, or they just aren't a playoff team, which just might be the case. 

#14 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

It is simple really, Wings need to win at least 3 of the next 5 and take the other two to overtime like someone mentioned. Anyway, I wouldn't be pissed if they missed because a chance at the first overall would be great and who cares what tank to win teams are saying about the RedWings? This franchise still has broken records and provided so much great hall of fame player there aren't many others who have been done

A chance at the first pick? You must not care that much about the playoffs then because that's a very slim shot.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#15 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Blue Jackets and Stars deserve it more. They're playing like they give a damn.

So glad Holland stood pat. Jackass.

We may not be a player or two away from winning the Cup, but we are a player or two from making the playoffs.

Edited by Dabura, 18 April 2013 - 07:17 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#16 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Z has to be hurt though he has no speed his groin is probably much worse then he is letting on. He's the only one I'm giving an excuse for however.

#17 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

A chance at the first pick? You must not care that much about the playoffs then because that's a very slim shot.

Believe :hysterical:  

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#18 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Never been so stressed in my whole entire life.
I still have faith...but not a whole lot of it.

This is more stressful than an elimination game in the playoffs?  I think not. lol  If they make it, great.  I'm not expecting a Cup run.  If they don't, oh well.  Not the end of the world.  Maybe it'll force Holland to actually make a move to improve the team.  Plus, we'll have a better draft position for what is supposed to be a strong draft class.

#19 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Blue Jackets and Stars deserve it more. They're playing like they give a damn.

So glad Holland stood pat. Jackass.

We may not be a player or two away from winning the Cup, but we are a player or two from making the playoffs.

Sacrifice draft picks, players, and long term sustainability all for 4-7 extra games. Gotcha.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Believe :hysterical:  

Seth+Jones+USA+Hockey+Top+Prospects+Prac