Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WCQF Game 3 GDT - Ducks 4 @ Red Wings 0 (ANA leads series 2-1)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
782 replies to this topic

#741 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Feel bad for the people who paid to watch them at the Joe.  

Thanks for the sympathy.  It was a tough one to watch, especially as the mass exodus started at 10:00 in the third and continued with each goal. 

The only cool part of the night was the pre-game show mc'd by Mac himself leading the "Let's go Wings!" chant. 

#742 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Anyone know why Bertuzzi was not playing?

Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#743 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

Cause he has size and will actually use it. We don't like players like that in our lineup.

#744 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

Howard= the reason we will tie this series up on Monday!

And why we are even in the playoffs!

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#745 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Feel bad for the people who paid to watch them at the Joe.  

This right here.  That was a piss poor performance by the Wings.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#746 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

LOL anyone blaming this game on Howard is a frikin idiot and needs to learn the game of hockey.

Who is blaming this game on Howard?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#747 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

Who is blaming this game on Howard?

I don't know about blaming it but are saying her can't steal us a game (even though we didn't even score a goal)

I still laugh at the fact that people always point out Howard's contract. I'm sorry but in the NHL you get paid when your contract is up and around UFA time. Please name other goalies around the league that make less then him, have gone through UFA and haven't had a bad/terrible year in the past 3-4 years... There won't e many... Howard's numbers are close to top 10 in the league for his past 4 years

The goalies that are up there with him just have been paid yet (rask), had a bad year or so and got shipped to another team (Anderson) came out of the wood works out of no where (bobrosky). Yes is 5 million a hefty price to pay a goalie yes, but unless you want to deal with what Philly has been dealing with (and they still pay 5 million) I'm happy paying Howard what he deserves to make sure our goalie is solid for the next hand ful of years.

Edited by Crashnburnluder, 05 May 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#748 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

You could tell the Ducks were going to win that game before a single goal was scored.  They just brought it in every facet.  Also I'm glad we have depth because Abby will probably be gone 3 games in my opinion. 

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#749 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Still pissed about the Abby call. At most I could see a 2 min minor for charging. I'm sorry you can't look up ice and keep yourself from getting injured. I'm sorry the head is the next part of the body that is going to get hit after the shoulder when a human body compresses from impact. I'm sorry you're playing the most physical and fast paced sport on earth.

#750 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

wow, the insults and hostility towards the Wings is stunning. true fans. Monday they win and the same people will say we are on the road to the cup

they lost one game in an ugly fashion. s*** happens. should they have? no but they did. lets move on. This is not the star studded team that won us cups. lets face it

edited for spelling

Edited by Spongewingredpants, 05 May 2013 - 05:25 AM.

My wish: A healthy roster

#751 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Still pissed about the Abby call. At most I could see a 2 min minor for charging. I'm sorry you can't look up ice and keep yourself from getting injured. I'm sorry the head is the next part of the body that is going to get hit after the shoulder when a human body compresses from impact. I'm sorry you're playing the most physical and fast paced sport on earth.

How could you get charging out of that? AB's was gliding for 10ft prior to impact. There was no penalty. If this was the Scott Stevens era there would have been nothing but a momentum shift for the wings.

You could tell the Ducks were going to win that game before a single goal was scored.  They just brought it in every facet.  Also I'm glad we have depth because Abby will probably be gone 3 games in my opinion. 

What depth are you talking about? Bab's himself said we don't have depth. AHL players are not depth!

Edited by WINGS TILL DEATH, 05 May 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#752 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

And wow did we miss Danny D or what? 3 gimmie goals right in front of the crease. If Big Rig isn't out there we've got no one willing to knock people on their ass.

I know his thumbs broken but I still can't find any info on how it happened? Sounds like a slash to me but that is just making an educated guess.

#753 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Day after and I still feel like puking
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#754 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

As much as I (and many others) want to trash Jimmy for the score, there's no arguing that Hiller was playing well enough that they may as well just turned the net backwards, because nothing was getting past him last night.

#755 Panic In Detroit

Panic In Detroit

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

I know his thumbs broken but I still can't find any info on how it happened? Sounds like a slash to me but that is just making an educated guess.

I think he broke it when his hand touched the ice as he was falling. If you look at the replay they were showing last night, as his hand hits the ice it looks like his glove meets the surface and bends back his thumb (sorry, this is not a very good description). I think they were saying he's had this injury before, so maybe he's more prone to it.

#756 GoOzzieGo

GoOzzieGo

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Also I'm glad we have depth because Abby will probably be gone 3 games in my opinion. 

Does the typical phone versus in-person disciplinary meeting still come into play during the post-season?  I don't follow it that closely, but I thought as a general rule, suspensions were doled out with an in-person meeting and anything else was done over the phone.  Last I heard, Abby had a phone hearing at 4PM today so maybe no suspension?  Just asking because I don't know.

#757 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

I had the damndest dream last night. I dreamed the Wings came home for Game 3 on an emotional high and simply played like ass all night long. I dreamed Abdelkader got kicked out of the game. I was shocked awake by the thought that Damien Brunner as the last guy up the ice on a powerplay tried to make a cute move around a forechecker. Just as Getzlaf shot at Jimmy I woke up in a cold sweat. 

Ahhhh, it was all a dream. Think I'll go check out TSN. See you all later.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#758 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 43m

DET's Justin Abdelkader will have a telephone hearing with the NHL this afternoon for his hit on ANA's Tony Lydman last night.

#759 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Cause he has size and will actually use it. We don't like players like that in our lineup.

cause he was playing shinny hockey in game 2 not playoffs. 

Edited by wingfan1991, 05 May 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#760 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

1. Abby hit WAS NOT a penalty, not now, not then, not in 1935. The Ref was standing two feet from the hit, watching the play with his own two eyes. The Duck had the puck, Ref's attention was not elsewhere.  He watched the guy fall to the ice. He saw it was shoulder on shoulder hit, he saw that Abby was gliding and not "charging" towards him....bulls*** call from a ref 200 feet away and it will be bulls*** if he should get suspended....

B. Yes, Howard got us to the playoffs, Yes, Howard is a top 10 goalie in this league, Yes, he deserves the contract (I don't like the length) he got...BUT he totally s*** the bed on the 3rd and 4th goals...that being said, even the Elite of all Elite goalies give up a bad goal or two in a game once in awhile...(Game 7 2002, Patty Boy Roy.)

3. With that being said, you still have to score goals to win. So what you got a bad call against you (they only scored once.)  So what a ROOKIE made a mistake and cost the shorthanded goal...So what.  You don't lay down and let them roll over you.  You had over 5 mins in PP time in the first, including a 5 on 3...Stop pussyfooting the passing and shoot the puck and you may score some goals.  You killed off their 5 on 3, most of the 5 min major and was matching their physical play.  This reminds me of 2007.  One PP goal in game 6, ONE, and the Wings win that series...

D. There is no D....just win.  This team is good enough to beat the Ducks, but not playing like they did yesterday. You have to score goals to win. Just ask Curtis Joseph...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?