• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 6 GDT : Ducks 3 at Red Wings 4 (OT) - (Series Tied 3-3)

Rate this topic

Its ok. I just wonder why people bash our up and comers who are actually fun to watch develop (Kindl, Smith, Emmerton) instead of the crappy guys (Bertuzzi, Eaves) who consistently do nothing every game but create a Ducks cycle. I cringe to think of the scenario where Dekeyser is like Ericsson. What if he's hot at the start and then takes his 3 to 4 years to get back to good after a few injuries and the league figuring out his weaknesses? Is everyone going to start pkling on him? I hope not.

Exactly what about Smith has been fun to watch? He hasn't been playing well and it is simply being pointed out. I wouldn't call that "picking on" him. That shift he got his helmet knocked off, was running around like a decapitated chicken, stayed on waaayyyyyy too long, and ultimately got burned for a goal was especially brutal. Right now he is in over his head it appears.

Plenty of vets get flamed for there play when it is warranted. Did you miss all the vitriol for Cleary, White, Sammy, Mule, Flip(Tonight), Quincy etc.... If DD strings some bad games together in a row he will get flamed as well, but that hasn't happened. Lot's of the up & comers are getting tons of love lately. The 3rd line in particular has been freaking incredible.

Exactly what about Smith has been fun to watch? He hasn't been playing well and it is simply being pointed out. I wouldn't call that "picking on" him. That shift he got his helmet knocked off, was running around like a decapitated chicken, stayed on waaayyyyyy too long, and ultimately got burned for a goal was especially brutal. Right now he is in over his head it appears.

Plenty of vets get flamed for there play when it is warranted. Did you miss all the vitriol for Cleary, White, Sammy, Mule, Flip(Tonight), Quincy etc.... If DD strings some bad games together in a row he will get flamed as well, but that hasn't happened. Lot's of the up & comers are getting tons of love lately. The 3rd line in particular has been freaking incredible.

Quincy coughed up the puck and it resulted in goal. Puck hit the post and bounced off of Smith... Another goal resulted due to Quincy being tripped and a penalty was not called.

It is not Smith's fault that the team does not a veteran core where he can be paired with a vet d-man.

Be critical where it is due, but do not lose sight of reality. This D is very young and the team in general is still learning how to play together as it has been patched together the entire season due to all the injuries.

Its ok. I just wonder why people bash our up and comers who are actually fun to watch develop (Kindl, Smith, Emmerton) instead of the crappy guys (Bertuzzi, Eaves) who consistently do nothing every game but create a Ducks cycle. I cringe to think of the scenario where Dekeyser is like Ericsson. What if he's hot at the start and then takes his 3 to 4 years to get back to good after a few injuries and the league figuring out his weaknesses? Is everyone going to start pkling on him? I hope not.

I kind of agree with you, and I never like to bash players. I have had a little less tolerance than usual since its the playoffs and I know we're good enough to go far this year. Smith has been great since we brought him up last year, but he has made a lot of mistakes in the last 7 games. Ultimately no one "hates" him, and everyone is still really excited about him in the long run.

I don't understand what you're saying about Bert and eaves. Bert has made that fourth line a factor for the first time this series and eaves has played pretty well too.

I really hope people don't start hating on Deke. He is our future on the blue line

Just because a guy is young should not mean he is above reporoach. Everyone in the organization was saying that smith belonged in the NHL while he was in the AHL. For an offensive defenseman, he has provided no offense while also being a liability on defense. His shortcomings look even worse when you see an undrafted kid like Dekeyser step into his role (although a different role than smith) and instantly make a difference. I am not saying that smith is terrible or that I don't like him. I think he'll be on one of our top pairings in the next year or two. However, he has not earned the right to play in the next game. It is understadable that a young defenseman will make mistakes, but we can't afford mistakes in a game 7. I really don't like white, but i feel he provides more defense than smith right now.

The goal bouncing in off of Smith was terrible to see. He has been on the wrong side of too many plays in this series, but that was a bad bounce. I think he should sit for game 7. He clearly struggles and is a huge weak point in our defense. With game 7 being in Anaheim, you can bet they will put out their top line all over him. I don't know how bad White is, but I don't think he is worse than Smith.

quincy and smith have been god awful this season. it's very disappointing to see how much smith has regressed this season. i haven't seen any evidence of this guy's supposedly great offensive instincts. not saying he's a bust yet, but he needs to show some drastic improvement next season.

the wings are very fortunate that they were able to get dekeyser in case smith turns out to be a complete bust.

quincy.. well i think he's a lost cause at this point.

Quincey has played well without the puck the past few games. Most of the miscues were because of Smith or trips.

his poor play with the puck far outweighs everything else. his turnover led to the ducks first goal yesterday. and when was the last time one of his shots from the point actually hit the net and not get blocked

If someone would have told me before the season, that this team would make the playoffs and have almost overcome the 2 seeded team I'd have told them to stop dreaming. No matter what is happening tomorrow, the young guns took a big step forward which will be a huge key going forward.

All I really want is a RED WHITE Ducks-Arena, turn this beauty into a homegame for the Wings :-)=

I do not like Quincey. I agree with you guys. He is the weakest link in the D and he NEVER gets the puck through to the net. If there was to be a trade for a #1 guy, Quincey would be the odd guy out IMO. I hated Kindl early on and still don't think he was worth a #19 overall pick, but he has done well and has surpassed Q on the depth chart.

Went to the game last night. It was absolutely nuts in there. I think it exceeded Game 6 of the Sharks series in 2011 as the loudest game I have been to live. The atmosphere is always electric for playoffs, but this was just pure noise nonstop the entire night.

* The big three were the best players in the most important game of the season. Pav was a magician like usual, Jimmy stopped everything his own defense didn't gift wrap for the Ducks and Z's leadership was unbelievable.

* Kronwall and Ericsson were very good defensively. Unforunately, they really stand out because the other two pairings are brutal in their own zone, but I thought both were strong again against some of the better forwards in the league.

* Justin Abdelkader's presence is obvious. Never thought I would say that, but the Red Wings need him. He hits everything in sight, forechecks hard and has dramatically improved his ability to be effective in front of the net. I still think he lacks offensive upside to be a consistent first line player, but I give him credit for doing the dirty work with Z and Pavel. That line doesn't click without him playing his role.

* I don't want to harp on negatives after such a huge victory, but is anyone going to miss Val Filppula if he walks? I thought he played his best in Game 5, but even then he still isn't producing anything offensively in this series. I expect the young guys to make mistakes as part of the learning process. Filppula's miscue behind the net can't happen though as a veteran player. His agent better hope GM's only remember last season.

* I would be fine if the Red Wings used a buyout on Kyle Quincey the second the season ends. Or now works too.

* This game really shouldn't have ever made it to OT (much like Game 2). The Red Wings handed the Ducks all three of their goals. It will be a positive going forward that this infusion of youth is gaining valuable playoff experience, but they certainly don't make it easy on our nerves.

* That being said, I love this team's determination. They aren't nearly as skilled as we are used to seeing, but they never quit. It would have been easy to fold blowing third period leads twice in this series. They came back out and won both times early in OT. They are very fun to watch and in a way, this entire season has been more enjoyable than I ever expected. If this is a transition year, this organization is in great shape.

Wings in 7!

Wings had two 3rd period collapses in this series but saved them with OT magic. Let's hope they now have those 3rd period cramps out of their system but keep the magic.

Yes I do believe they stated in post game they took their midol so the cramping should be gone Edited by winger30

anybody think maybe we should put filppula in the 4th line tomorrow??? he hasnt been doing anything and it might get him going playing against the ducks bottom players and might help us if the 4th line chips in tomorrow???

zetterberg datsyuk abdelkader

bertuzzi franzen cleary

brunner andersson nyquist

filppula emmerton eaves

sound good??

Quincy coughed up the puck and it resulted in goal. Puck hit the post and bounced off of Smith... Another goal resulted due to Quincy being tripped and a penalty was not called.

It is not Smith's fault that the team does not a veteran core where he can be paired with a vet d-man.

Be critical where it is due, but do not lose sight of reality. This D is very young and the team in general is still learning how to play together as it has been patched together the entire season due to all the injuries.

The goal that bounced off Smith was mostly bad luck & I don't fault him much on it(other than his trying to swat it with his stick rather than taking one hand and swatting it away.)

The goal I was talking about was when Etam burned him after he lost his helmet and he was playing like he was out of his mind. Smith & Quincey were on for all three goals.

I don't hate Smith, but he isn't showing much positives IMO. Where is this highly touted offensive flair? He NEVER seems to be able to get a shot through to the net. Where is his toughness & hitting? All you heard about before he joined the big squad was how he was as close to a sure thing top four defenseman the Wings had. Kindl has made great strides & has a cannon he is starting to use from the point. Dekeyser came in playing like a flat out stud until he was injured. Neither of them had great vet d-men to pair with either. Smith has been disappointing especially of late. Being paired with Quincy ain't helping, but it isn't just that.