• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#261 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

well i also remember you saying that about filppula's salary demands months ago and we all know it turned out to be correct

Not quite. Filppula's salary demands were spoken of by MLive and several other sources. I was simply unaware of this and thus wrongly believed it to be rumor. Dreger's musings on the subject of the Hurricanes are inherently speculative.

#262 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

https://mobile.twitt...559145227231232

When everyone's saying it, it's easier to believe

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#263 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

https://mobile.twitt...559145227231232

When everyone's saying it, it's easier to believe

"If the right deal comes along" does not equate to "in exchange for a 2nd-pairing defenseman." Almost any team would be willing to move down in the draft for the right package; that is elementary.

#264 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

"If the right deal comes along" does not equate to "in exchange for a 2nd-pairing defenseman." Almost any team would be willing to move down in the draft for the right package; that is elementary.

obviously if the right deal comes along ... thats the same for any sports trade , just because they said theyd be  willing to trade the 5th overall pick for a top 4dman doesnt mean they'll just do any trade

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 26 June 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#265 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

obviously if the right deal comes along ... thats the same for any sports trade , just because they said theyd be  willing to trade the 5th overall pick for a top 4dman doesnt mean they'll just do any trade

... except they never said they'd trade the 5th overall for a second-pairing defenseman. That follows, because it would be immensely dumb of them to do so.

#266 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

So my question is, would any of you trade Brendan Smith plus whatever for that 5th overall pick so long as we kept our 18th as well?

Surely it would be Smith PLUS our first?  5th overall for Smith is a ridiculous trade.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk