• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#1 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Lots of tweaks to be made... I'm sure you all have your theories.

#2 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Drop Cleary, Sammy, Bertuzzi, go after a top 6 forward, keep Nyquist, Tatar, and Anderson up. The Defense is young, but is adapting well. Also bury Monster, he blows.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Drop Cleary, Sammy, Bertuzzi, go after a top 6 forward, keep Nyquist, Tatar, and Anderson up. The Defense is young, but is adapting well. Also bury Monster, he blows.

Well stated. Put Emmerton in a deal is about the only thing that you didn't include that I was thinking, but opposed to that, this is spot on. 

Give Smith a chance, let's not throw him under the bus quite yet.

Edited by MabusIncarnate, 29 May 2013 - 10:23 PM.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

id keep cleary on a 4th line hes proven hes a playoff warrior 

package xavier ouellet in a package deal to colorado if possible to draft mckinnon ... roy is the gm and since hes coached in the quebec junior league im sure if we tossed ouellet in a tempting deal hed think twice about it

#5 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

id keep cleary on a 4th line hes proven hes a playoff warrior 

Problem is Babcock won't play him on the 4th line, he will use him in the top 6.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#6 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Yeah I like all of these moves. Blueline should be fine, but they need some more intensive coaching.
What about Flipper?

I don't know about this one. Even for a discount, he doesn't seem worth much, unless he reveals an injury he had all season. A guy with a giant dropoff like his usually needs a change in scenery.

#7 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

If Dano will take a reduced salary (reduced..) I'd like him back. But he's the only one of the veterans who I'd bring back, because he showed some heart and got some results.

Let Fil go, buyout Sammy, get a healthy Helm and DeKeyser back. Continue the growth from within, I'd love to see a guy like Clarkson brought in, but the season just ended. We'll see what unfolds.

#NOMOREKINDL

#8 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

much rather let filppula go and bring in clarkson at 5 per yr at least he hits and fights .... as for franzen i think we can buy out a player after next year without it counting?? so id keep mule one more year and then maybe consider buying him out i was checking cap geek and the last 2 years at age 39-40 he makes 1 million a year

if he retires early thanks to the new bettman rules we will be punished for those type deals severely and i dont see franzen sticking around those years ... zetterberg is in the same boat but i see him sticking around regardless

#9 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah I like all of these moves. Blueline should be fine, but they need some more intensive coaching. What about Flipper? I don't know about this one. Even for a discount, he doesn't seem worth much, unless he reveals an injury he had all season. A guy with a giant dropoff like his usually needs a change in scenery.

Flip has been so invisible this season I plum forgot about him. If he takes a 2-3 season at 3-3.5 million, keep him, anything more than that, let him walk.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#10 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

We have two buys outs we can use, right? I feel like using those on players who only have one year left anyway is a waste (Bert and Sammy). A more wise choice might be using it on Franzen looking towards the future.

Obviously I want Flip back, but if he didn't come back it wouldn't be the worst thing for the team as long as we got another second line center so Z and Pav can be put together.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#11 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Trade Franzgelina to either Vancouver or Dallas...those are the only two teams I see taking on those years...either way, adios! I cannot stand him, he lazed around the entire series for the most part and was barely visible when needed.  Hossa didn't go lights out either, but you knew when he was on the ice...that being said, I still think the choice was wrong, but I don't want either of them on this team, we need a new direction.

TWO top 6 scorers are needed.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#12 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

much rather let filppula go and bring in clarkson at 5 per yr at least he hits and fights .... as for franzen i think we can buy out a player after next year without it counting?? so id keep mule one more year and then maybe consider buying him out i was checking cap geek and the last 2 years at age 39-40 he makes 1 million a year

if he retires early thanks to the new bettman rules we will be punished for those type deals severely and i dont see franzen sticking around those years ... zetterberg is in the same boat but i see him sticking around regardless

No way, Franzen is trade bait... There is no way he gets bought out. Holland could actually get some good assets for him!

#13 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Edited by evilmrt, 29 May 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#14 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Flip has been so invisible this season I plum forgot about him. If he takes a 2-3 season at 3-3.5 million, keep him, anything more than that, let him walk.

I just say let him walk...we need his roster spot.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#15 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

franzen is good trade bait????? just like luongo was ??? its hard to get rid of someone with such a long term deal

the only thing i could see MAYBE happening if we got lucky is a 3 way deal

vancouver gets

franzen

toronto gets

luongo

detroit gets

1st round pick

thats it ... either that or buy out ... no one will take a long term deal on a 33-34 yr old mule

#16 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Well stated. Put Emmerton in a deal is about the only thing that you didn't include that I was thinking, but opposed to that, this is spot on. 

Give Smith a chance, let's not throw him under the bus quite yet.

Oh Smith has been run over and then backed over by the bus repeatedly at this point...

#17 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

So as Red Wings NHL14 GM on my PS3 ;) I would

Let Flip go (should've traded him for something when we had the chance)
resign Cleary for a 4th line role
sign one semi-big name top 6er (Clarkson, Iginla?) so Babcock isn't "forced" to play Cleary on the first two lines
Buy out Sammy, throw Gus in the minors
I might be open to keeping Bert but he'll have to earn his spot on the everyday lineup
Sign a credible (not Conklin, not Monster, not some half ass attempt at a backup) veteran backup goalie to give Howard some nights off instead of being forced to run him into the ground
Promote the young guys to bigger roles on the team
resign Brunner
Keep Pavel at ALL COSTS

Clarkson/Iginla - Dats - Brunner  (Dats and Franzen had no chemistry this post-season, why not try Brunner with Dats?)
Nyquist (hoping for 50 points from him) - Z - Franzen (Franzen gives some size to this line)
Abby - Helm - Tatar (could this be the new grindline?)
Miller - Anderson - Eaves (I liked the way Miller and Eaves the last few weeks of the season)

Emmerton - Tootoo

edit: I guess Clarkson and Iginla would be right handed shots so it wouldn't make sense to have the 1st line righty heavy. Fix accordingly.

Big E - Kronwall
Smith- Danny D

Kindl - Quincey
Colo

Howard
FA backup

If Brunner and the young guys aren't performing you still have the capspace to make some moves.

Edit: Seems I forgot Cleary, maybe we don't have room for him after all. We just have too many bottom plug guys that fortunately or unfortunately all played solid and interchangably. :/

Edited by Number19, 29 May 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#18 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Question...

Do any of the kids get sent down to GR for the playoffs? Looks like the Griffs could use some help against the Barons. 

I could see Smith going...he needs all the games he can get. 

#19 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Horton

Tatar-Z-Clarkson

Mule-Helm-Brunner

Abby- Andy- Eaves

Tootoo

Same D 

Question...

Do any of the kids get sent down to GR for the playoffs? Looks like the Griffs could use some help against the Barons. 

I could see Smith going...he needs all the games he can get. 

I dont think Smith can.  But Nquist, Andy, and maybe even Brunner are able to

#20 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Honestly this team is a player or two away... Tweak the roster get a power forward get rid of Franzen, get Helm back get Dekeyser and they will be a top team next year.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!