• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

State your unpopular opinion *Mod Warning Post #'s 200 & 219*

Rate this topic

48 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

not quite, as I understand it, Black Power fist is supposed to be the left fist. you know, like John Carlos did in 68.

got this shirt at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History

COLLECTION7.png

Ah, so he's just showing solidarity with them dudes playing kneelball?

The people of the south were mainly Dutch-speaking Flemings and French-speaking Walloons. Both peoples were traditionally Roman Catholic as contrasted with the Dutch Reformed in the north. Many outspoken liberals regarded King William I's rule as despotic. There were high levels of unemployment and industrial unrest among the working classes.

On 25 August 1830, riots erupted in Brussels and shops were looted. Theatregoers who had just watched the nationalistic opera La muette de Portici joined the mob. Uprisings followed elsewhere in the country. Factories were occupied and machinery destroyed. Order was restored briefly after William committed troops to the Southern Provinces but rioting continued and leadership was taken up by radicals, who started talking of secession.

Dutch units saw the mass desertion of recruits from the southern provinces and pulled out. The States-General in Brussels voted in favour of secession and declared independence. In the aftermath, a National Congress was assembled. King William refrained from future military action and appealed to the Great Powers. The resulting 1830 London Conference of major European powers recognized Belgian independence. Following the installation of Leopold I as "King of the Belgians" in 1831, King William made a belated military attempt to reconquer Belgium and restore his position through a military campaign. This "Ten Days' Campaign" failed because of French military intervention. Not until 1839 did the Dutch accept the decision of the London conference and Belgian independence by signing the Treaty of London.

Unfortunately, none of that is true.

For too long we have been told lies. The existence of the supposed European country of Belgium has been taken as gospel for years. However, now is the time the truth be known. Belgium doesn't exist.

On 8/13/2018 at 3:21 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The people of the south were mainly Dutch-speaking Flemings and French-speaking Walloons. Both peoples were traditionally Roman Catholic as contrasted with the Dutch Reformed in the north. Many outspoken liberals regarded King William I's rule as despotic. There were high levels of unemployment and industrial unrest among the working classes.

On 25 August 1830, riots erupted in Brussels and shops were looted. Theatregoers who had just watched the nationalistic opera La muette de Portici joined the mob. Uprisings followed elsewhere in the country. Factories were occupied and machinery destroyed. Order was restored briefly after William committed troops to the Southern Provinces but rioting continued and leadership was taken up by radicals, who started talking of secession.

Dutch units saw the mass desertion of recruits from the southern provinces and pulled out. The States-General in Brussels voted in favour of secession and declared independence. In the aftermath, a National Congress was assembled. King William refrained from future military action and appealed to the Great Powers. The resulting 1830 London Conference of major European powers recognized Belgian independence. Following the installation of Leopold I as "King of the Belgians" in 1831, King William made a belated military attempt to reconquer Belgium and restore his position through a military campaign. This "Ten Days' Campaign" failed because of French military intervention. Not until 1839 did the Dutch accept the decision of the London conference and Belgian independence by signing the Treaty of London.

Unfortunately, none of that is true.

For too long we have been told lies. The existence of the supposed European country of Belgium has been taken as gospel for years. However, now is the time the truth be known. Belgium doesn't exist.

But...Beer!

On a more serious note to the bold - should the French speaking portion of current day Belgium become part of France, and Dutch parts go to the Netherlands?

Curious to your thoughts...

7 hours ago, F.Michael said:

But...Beer!

On a more serious note to the bold - should the French speaking portion of current day Belgium become part of France, and Dutch parts go to the Netherlands?

Curious to your thoughts...

Belgian beer, Belgian chocolate, and Belgian waffles... what do these three seemingly innocuous items have in common? None of them have PDO, PGI, TSG indicators (Wiki: Geographical Indicators) attached to them via the European Union. Why would the EU ignore traditional "Belgian" foodstuffs??? Because Belgium is not an actual place where these indicators can be applied.

As to your question... are these "Belgians" Mer-men? Because all that exists there is water, or, to those who understand the Belgian lie, the Belgian Gulf (refer to my previous map).

Leopold Louis Philippe Marie Victor, the first supposed "King of Belgium" was not actually from any royalty at all (how could he be, the country magically sprang up out of nowhere in the mid 1800s). Before the Belgian conspiracy started Leopold was actually a banker from the house of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha. The very same house who had previously taken over the throne of England and afterwards changed their name to Windsor (that's a whole other rabbit hole I won't go down right now). Through business dealings and the connections of his powerful house, Leopold had come to posses large swaths of land around the Congo river in Africa. An area rich in valuable natural resources. In order to have real legitimacy over the region (and so he could justify his extraction of natural resources and his brutal reign over the native people) Leopold needed to enter the circle of European royalty. How did he do this? He called up his cousins in England, the Windsors, of course! In exchange for a good chunk of land in Africa, the Windsors officially recognized Leopold as the King of "Belgium" (an anglicized version of the Latin word Belgica, which was the name of the gulf during the Roman era). They then deployed the British Royal Navy to defend the Belgian gulf and keep undesirables (looking to undermine England's latest scheme and new territorial gains in Africa) out. The rest you could say is history. So to your answer your question... The Belgian gulf should probably be owned by the UK, and not France or the Netherlands.

TLDR: Belgium is water

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Didn't take long for me to find Belgian lies in this very thread. It's everywhere.

Belgium doesn't believe CRL exists...

lol, there's even a game called the Belgium conspiracy

https://gamejolt.com/games/the-belgium-conspiracy/45418

48592-jdagzrcq-v3.jpg

105202-crop0_73_630_427-vhrev7rv-v3.jpg

Edited by NerveDamage

I ******* HATE American filmmaker Ken Burns. He is the most bland tasteless talentless phony loser EVER. I found out this afternoon that Ken Burns collects quilts, on top of making insufferable documentary films, and I nearly flew off the handle in my office. He is so opposite of everything that I am that I almost feel compelled to travel to his home in Brooklyn NY and smother him to death in his own quilt collection. f*** u Kenneth Lauren Burns. You're a talentless hack. Your movies suck, and thats why ur first wife left u and took the kids in 1993. Disgusting. Sub human trash.

I'm posting this, for a friend of a friend, totally not my opinion, ...not at all. ;)

10 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

I ******* HATE American filmmaker Ken Burns. He is the most bland tasteless talentless phony loser EVER. I found out this afternoon that Ken Burns collects quilts, on top of making insufferable documentary films, and I nearly flew off the handle in my office. He is so opposite of everything that I am that I almost feel compelled to travel to his home in Brooklyn NY and smother him to death in his own quilt collection. f*** u Kenneth Lauren Burns. You're a talentless hack. Your movies suck, and thats why ur first wife left u and took the kids in 1993. Disgusting. Sub human trash.

I'm posting this, for a friend of a friend, totally not my opinion, ...not at all. ;)

You have some very wise and inspiring friends

Top 10 most punch-able faces of all time

ken-burns.jpg?w=1000