• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinEscobar

Anthony Mantha

Rate this topic

I wanted to share this:

Polite kid, and he sounds like he was a sponge during development camp. I also liked that he took note of the talk going on about the perception of his compete level and he took that serious and worked hard to shake that off. I'd say he's done pretty good to shut the critics up with his explosive start to the season in the Q.

Guest Sinden

Mantha was first star of the week again with 5 goals and 4 assists in 3 games and now has 97 points in 44 games. This guy would have been a top 5 pick this year if he wasn't drafted by the wings last year. Anyone else as excited as I am about this kid?

Oh yea. If he continues to develop his game he will be a Perry type goal scorer. His compete level ( which has been questioned) will be tested when he goes full time to the AHL next season. This will show if he is a "boom" or a "bust"

I have him on pace to finish the season at 62 goals and 126 points since theres only 12 games left until the playoffs? Unless I'm missing something. I do like 85 and 178 a lot better though.

Oh yeah sorry, I computed it according to an 82 game schedule.

I hope so. But lets also understand there is a BIG difference between Juniors and the NHL. I love the fact we have Mantha, but lets get him playing pro hockey and see what we truly have.

Absolutely agree that there isn't always a correlation to success in juniors translating to the NHL but the fact is we haven't had a prospect dominate in juniors like this in a long time and the big knock on Mantha last year was that he could have just been a flash in the pan. But he has shown huge strides in his game this season.