• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uk_redwing

Cory Emmerton and Petr Mrazek sent to Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

I suppose this had to happen to make room for Tootoo. I would also guess that this means that Monster is returning.

Rick D likes this

I'm hoping Glendening gets a shot. He's fairly similar to Emmerton in terms of offensive skill set but grittier and has a physical edge. Just a more noticeable type of player for a 4th line/PK role.

It's about time he get sent down. So now do we see Sammy sit as well for a line of gus,anderson and tatar? I hope so.

No, not until the Wings get rid of a body or two. These moves are all about Tootoo & Gustavsson being back soon plus Eaves should be cleared to play in the next couple of weeks. Nyquist won't be up any time soon imo.

I suppose this had to happen to make room for Tootoo. I would also guess that this means that Monster is returning.

Gustavsson has just been activated from IR

1. Bertuzzi skating with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

2. Weiss skating with Franzen and Abdelkader.

3. Alfredsson skating on line with Andersson and Cleary.

4. Jimmy Howard hit high with shot, leaves the ice.

Dabura likes this

Emmerton didn't do himself any favors to be a guy that stays up by being completely invisible for the first 4 games. Useless.

Mrazek may as well go play in GR than sit on the bench with all the other players under 26 on the Wings.

Does it feel like they're punishing the wrong player by dropping Alfie to the 3rd & leaving Mule on the 2nd?

Alf hasn't made me scream at the TV yet. Franzen on the other hand...

Z Winged Dangler likes this

Does it feel like they're punishing the wrong player by dropping Alfie to the 3rd & leaving Mule on the 2nd?

As useless as Franzen is on a scoring line, I fear he'd be even more useless on a checking/energy line.

I'm way past ready for him to be traded.

Z Winged Dangler and Rick D like this

Did you watch the game last night? He definitely looked his age..

Yes. But they were both the s***s last game. But if we're keeping track, Mule has 4 bad games, Alfie has 1.

1. Bertuzzi skating with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

2. Weiss skating with Franzen and Abdelkader.

3. Alfredsson skating on line with Andersson and Cleary.

4. Jimmy Howard hit high with shot, leaves the ice.

1. meh

2. makes the second line worse

3. might get Alfie going

4. fuuuuuuuux

Did you watch the game last night? He definitely looked his age..

Disagree. He had a terrible game, but unless turning 41 makes you go brain dead, I don't think his age had much to do with it. His two mistakes were on the power play, standing still, at the blueline, and they were both mistakes of the mind, not the body.

SaCkaveli20 and SensViking like this

Really, that last sequence with Alfredsson passing the puck offside then losing it for an empty netter didn't make you yell at your TV?

Another hard working michigan guy like abdelkader, wont be surprised if he gets top line minutes before nyquist gets a real chance in the NHL lol.

Luke glendenning has been called up.

I understand this move. No sense recalling Goose to play him on the forth line. To me, this basically spells the end for Emmerton. If it was a roster-compliance move, Glendenning would being staying in GR. This is a "get Emmerton the hell off the team move".

To me, this move was made because it takes the least amount of sand/effort from coaching/management. It's easy to demote him. I think Emdog's the least of the problems on the bottom six, but I guess it's a start? Wake me when they have the guts to admit their mistakes and do something about the pensioners club.

I like Glendening as a jobber over Cemmer. But I agree, it is the easy move and doesn't really address any of the big issues.