Photo
- - - - -

Accidental or intentional hit by Brouwer?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

To me,  Brouwer went out of his way to hit Stepan, jumping over his stick sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

Where Brouwer was looking if not at Stepan I have no idea and if he couldn't see Stepan he needs his eyes checked.

Stepan had no idea Brouwer was any where near him.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

I would have to say intentional. He had different avenues to get to the bench, none the less his awareness is like a peewee if he honestly didn't see Stephan coasting through the neutral zone. Just doesn't make sense to me. The hit could've been avoided by all personal measures to me. I guess my biggest thing is just not even attempting to avoid him. It's like he was playing chicken with a guy blindside to him....

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

This definitely looksl like an intentional cheap shot to me. I might be a badger homer, but he looks like he's looking forward and skates right at him with no attempt to even get out of the way. If he isn't at least fined that's a joke.

#4 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

I don't know. Its not that easy. Brouwer might be honest. If you take a closer look you see Johansson blocking his sight. After Johanssson is gone Brouwer already turned his head towards the puck and might not see Stephan till they collide. 

Edited by derblaueClaus, 17 October 2013 - 09:08 AM.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#5 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

1. DAN GIRARDI

2. Looks like a cheap shot, at least on the surface of it. I can see how maybe he was just focused squarely on something on the bench and for that reason he might not have really seen Stepan. But that does seem like a bit of a stretch.

3. Brouwer's not known as a dirty player, is he? My impression of him is that he is what he says he is - an honest, hard-working guy that's not prone to this kind of thing. That's the big thing that makes me think this might not be as clear-cut as it seems. Now, if this were, say, Ovechkin....

Don't Toews me, bro!

#6 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I mean, it doesn't really matter does it.  You're responsible for not hitting guys in the head, accidentally or not.  He doesn't have a history of this, which should keep the punishment to a minimum, but at the end of the day you can't do that.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#7 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Brouwer? Ex Hawk. Imma go with intentional :lol:

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#8 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

I mean, it doesn't really matter does it.  You're responsible for not hitting guys in the head, accidentally or not.  He doesn't have a history of this, which should keep the punishment to a minimum, but at the end of the day you can't do that.

Yup, true.

Brouwer? Ex Hawk. Imma go with intentional :lol:

Is he? Didn't know that. I learned something today!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#9 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Looks to me like he skated right into him knowingly, Brouwer had plenty of time to avoid contact.

#10 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

I don't think it was intentional. Brouwer knew Stepan was there backing up, and then it looked to me like Brouwer looked at the puck carrier. In that split second, Stepan started to change direction to where the pass was going and I think Brouwer seen at the last second that they were going to collide unexpectedly, as I notice his left arm tuck and his body straighten up as to try to avoid it, but it was too late.

#11 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Any word on suspension or no suspension?

I looked on Ye Ole Interweb and did not find any news!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#12 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Any word on suspension or no suspension?

I looked on Ye Ole Interweb and did not find any news!

Obviously not as the NHL announces possible hearings within 24-48 hours after a game.

Its been 5 days. lol

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#13 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

Not malicious, and stepan has been caught like this before, the guy needs to be more aware.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#14 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Looked intentional imo but you are spot on here.