• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jimmyemeryhunter

jordin tootoo

Rate this topic

There has been a lot of talk about him on this site, and also trade speculation surrounding him since the off-season with reports of Nashville wanting him back.

He has been good, but played limited minutes, and is obviously not in the brass' plan for the future.

Per @hockey_tracker: Edmonton journal reports there's been some discussion about the #oilers pursuing Detroit #redwings forward Jordon Tootoo.

Per fansided several teams including the sabres, islanders, and oilers have knocked on the door citing that talks went south quickly.

Since realistically he's one of our only moveable pieces to get nyquist in the lineup, what do you think we would/should accept for him.

And moderators, if this post would be better suited under trade rumors feel free to move it.

I moved this thread here because it focuses entirely on the trade value of Tootoo and describes a specific rumor.

What's interesting is that, if true, "talks went south fast." I wonder what Holland was asking for?

I moved this thread here because it focuses entirely on the trade value of Tootoo and describes a specific rumor.

What's interesting is that, if true, "talks went south fast." I wonder what Holland was asking for?

Probably just shot them down immediately with, "We like our team."

Tootoo has also been linked to Florida a week or so ago. Now I like Tootoo but he is one of 2 moveable pieces-the other is Quincy. Moving him for say a 5th round pick opens up about 2.1 million in cap space. meaning we can recall Nyquist. Cup winning move? No. but we have to start somewhere.

Just to finish my thought. The Oilers are really hurting on the blueline and have enough cap space to take a guy like Quincy. If they wanted him I would try to get the rights to John McCarron. why? 1. saves 3.75 million on our cap. 2. McCarron is a 6-2/225 Rh shooting RW and a Detroit native. he is currently playing for Cornell and will not be available to us until after the trade deadline-no cap. 3. will fill a 3/4 line banger role and has the ability to score 10-15 goals per year. 4. Quincy is a UFA after this season and we get something for him vs just letting him walk.

if we are able to move Tootoo and Quincy we will have about 4 million left under the cap after recalling 2 guys from GR and room to make other moves.

Guest Crymson

The source of this information is not reliable.

Probably just shot them down immediately with, "We like our team."

Perhaps you'd instead prefer a few seasons of the Blue Jackets? It might give you some perspective.

The source of this information is not reliable.

Perhaps you'd instead prefer a few seasons of the Blue Jackets? It might give you some perspective.

I don't think I have to wait until we are experiencing what the Blue Jackets usually go through to show displeasure with this team, but that was a sarcastic poke meant to be taken with humor.

They need to trade a player such as Tootoo to free up cap space for Darren Helm. If you also want to call up Nyquist, then another player (Eaves?) will have to be moved to clear cap space for Nyquist.