Ken Holland you suck

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#82 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,822 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

This doesn't belong here and wasn't going to start a thread but I got the new 2014 Red Wings calendar and they have Sammuelson and Cleary in it--PUKE!!!  How about DeKeyser or Andersson or even Kindl????  They were around I'm sure when they were discussing the calendar and had pictures of those guys too. 

Anyway, just had to rant!

#83 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

And you're wrong, because by all indications Ilitch rarely meddled in affairs of management.

So then, what's to explain not even bothering to tell Eaves that he had been waived? Oops, Holland forgot?

#84 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

This doesn't belong here and wasn't going to start a thread but I got the new 2014 Red Wings calendar and they have Sammuelson and Cleary in it--PUKE!!!  How about DeKeyser or Andersson or even Kindl????  They were around I'm sure when they were discussing the calendar and had pictures of those guys too. 

Anyway, just had to rant!

I hope cleary's face is watermarked behind every picture for every month

#85 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

w

Cleary is on the team because Babcock lobbied hard for him to be there. I agree that it should have been Cleary on the waiver wire.

That said, it's almost certain that Cleary will be a regular scratch unless he begins playing better. Babcock likely wanted him back because of his performance in the playoffs, but he has been useless so far in this season. Worse than useless, in fact, because he's using up a roster spot that would be far better suited to other players. I watched a video of the 2009 playoffs recently; he was very fleet of foot back then. Now he's horribly slow. Sad.

That said, he's absolutely not going to be re-signed if he continues playing as he has been.

And you're wrong, because by all indications Ilitch rarely meddled in affairs of management.

I see three significant problems with your post, all of them clearly the result of you not checking your facts:

1) Samuelsson was signed for two years, not three.

2) The team didn't have too many forwards at the time.

3) You spelled Quincey's name wrong. If you're going to criticize the guy, at least know his name first.

And so on.

Yeah, they did.   Signing Cleary put them 3 players over the roster limit and 2.4 million over the salary cap.  Did we have too many defenseman?  Goalies?  I don't think so.  Speaking of checking facts...

#86 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Yeah, they did.   Signing Cleary put them 3 players over the roster limit and 2.4 million over the salary cap.  Did we have too many defenseman?  Goalies?  I don't think so.  Speaking of checking facts...

I believe he was talking about the Sammy signing.

#87 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,272 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

I believe he was talking about the Sammy signing.

He may have been, but the original post he quoted they were obviously referring to Cleary being signed when there were already too many forwards (quoted again below).

Sam reason he signed a useless 35 yr old Samuelsson 3 yrs @3M and no knees Cleary for 1.75 M when we already had too many forwards.

Quincy and Miller are the ones that should go, that clears 5.35M and they have -10 and -9 respectively.

#88 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Eaves has cleared waivers and has been assigned to grand rapids.

#89 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,272 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 10m

Eaves has cleared waivers and was assigned to Grand Rapids.

#90 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Not surprised again to say the least

#91 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

Samuelsson was signed in 2012.

You were saying?

#92 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,272 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

Not surprised again to say the least

Honestly I was a bit surprised.  Eaves doesn't cost much and is a decent player.  I thought someone might have grabbed him.

I guess it shows how fans tend to overvalue players on their team, especially ones they like.

Samuelsson was signed in 2012.

You were saying?

He is very obviously referring to Cleary, as was the original post you quoted.

So knock it off with the trolling.

#93 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

Not too too surprised. I still think there are a handful of bottom-dwellers that would like a guy like Eaves. But I also feel like those teams don't want to blow their highly seeded position in the waiver queue on a guy like Eaves in case someone better comes along.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#94 bogeygolfer

bogeygolfer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Not too too surprised. I still think there are a handful of bottom-dwellers that would like a guy like Eaves. But I also feel like those teams don't want to blow their highly seeded position in the waiver queue on a guy like Eaves in case someone better comes along.

its not fantasy sports, it doesnt work that way

#95 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

its not fantasy sports, it doesnt work that way

LOL. Enlighten me. Please.

#96 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

I was hoping that Eaves would have got taken. Starting to show how little some of our players are worth in this salary rollback market we are in. Ken Holland will have to do a much better job when passing out contracts to bottom 6 players that can easily be replaced for nothing. ei Cleary

#97 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

A new strategy, screw the prospects in GR. Load up with some many low end forwards that we have to send them to GR thus, not allowing even more prospects to play. 

#98 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

LOL. Enlighten me. Please.

If a player gets waived and more than one team makes a claim, the team with the lowest percentage of possible points at the time the claim is made gets the player.

ref: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Waivers_(NHL)

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#99 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

If a player gets waived and more than one team makes a claim, the team with the lowest percentage of possible points at the time the claim is made gets the player.

ref: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Waivers_(NHL)

Exactly. And once that team claims a player off of waivers, they move to the back of the line. Correct?

#100 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

Might be crowding GR a bit. I don't get what the problem is waiving players we know aren't going to be picked up. We she'd salary and we can still bring these guys up if need be