• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Patrick Eaves on Waivers

Rate this topic

Had to be done to make space for E tomorrow right? I always liked Eaves quite a bit. It's a shame injuries really derailed his playing time with the Red Wings and then he never seemed to get the opportunity to consistently remain in the lineup. His days were numbered once Holland decided to bring Miller back.

The only option would be to buy him out. He has a no trade clause.

NTC(trade clause) isn't the same as a NMC(movement clause). I believe he is able to go on waivers but wouldn't provide much cap space if at all due to his 35+ contract. CBA guru's help me here.

NTC(trade clause) isn't the same as a NMC(movement clause). I believe he is able to go on waivers but wouldn't provide much cap space if at all due to his 35+ contract. CBA guru's help me here.

Correct. Sammy can be waived but the Wings only see cap relief of $100k if he goes unclaimed so he still counts for $2.9m against the cap. With Eaves, it's $275k I believe against the cap if he goes unclaimed.

According to Ted Kulfan, Eaves found out he had been waived from reporters. If true that really sucks.

I really hope that's not true.

I've always like Eaves. The guy competes and has come through a lot to keep playing but now is paying the price for Holland's missteps. That being said, Holland should've never signed both him and Miller.