• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

USA-Canada Thread

Rate this topic

You Americans can have the women's gold we will take the one that matters

Wow, apparently people are still wildly sexist in Canada. Tell me why men's activities "matter" more than women's again?

Sexist and distinctly un-Canadian-like. So women's hockey doesn't matter, eh?

Someone beat me to it.

Sexist and distinctly un-Canadian-like. So women's hockey doesn't matter, eh?

He's not implying that, but there really is no competition in Women's Hockey, it comes down to USA and Canada every time. Women's Hockey just doesn't matter as much as the Men's for most Canadians, that's the reality. We will cheer them on, but people don't drop everything like they do for the Men. Not sure if USA feels the same however.

Edited by darkmanx

He's not implying that, but there really is no competition in Women's Hockey, it comes down to USA and Canada every time. Women's Hockey just doesn't matter as much as the Men's for most Canadians, that's the reality. Not sure if USA feels the same however.

It only doesn't matter if USA wins. If Canada wins you guys will certainly matter.

It only doesn't matter if USA wins. If Canada wins you guys will certainly matter.

Truth. I remember all the noise the Canadians made after they won in Vancouver in women's hockey. It was a big flipping deal.

He's not implying that, but there really is no competition in Women's Hockey, it comes down to USA and Canada every time. Women's Hockey just doesn't matter as much as the Men's for most Canadians, that's the reality. We will cheer them on, but people don't drop everything like they do for the Men. Not sure if USA feels the same however.

Looks like these teams are competing pretty well to me...

How many of you noticed how the linesman looked back at the blue line and then skated right into the Canadian defensemen? That almost led to The US getting the clincher. That was pretty dirty.

Only those that believe in conspiracies.

I'm at work so I can't watch this game, are any of the members of either men's team there to cheer on the women's teams? I think it would be really cool if the guys showed up for a little solidarity.

They haven't shown any. I would hope at least Kessel is there, but all the team would be better.

I'm at work so I can't watch this game, are any of the members of either men's team there to cheer on the women's teams? I think it would be really cool if the guys showed up for a little solidarity.

Yes. Both teams. Canadian men care about Canadian women, and all women.

Overheard in the office: "There's no chance anyone in Canada is actually working right now." #CANvsUSA

Looks like these teams are competing pretty well to me...

When it comes to Canada vs USA, yes. But when either of those teams play anyone else, it is quite one sided. But Canada vs USA in women's hockey is always a fantastic game.

I'll admit, I get a lot more invested in the men's hockey. Not because I am sexist, but it's because it's mostly NHL players. It makes the men's tournament more special for that reason. If it were all amateurs in Men's Olympic hockey like it used to be, I wouldn't be as invested in it. I think that's all really anyone is getting at when talking about the Men's hockey here.

How many of you noticed how the linesman looked back at the blue line and then skated right into the Canadian defensemen? That almost led to The US getting the clincher. That was pretty dirty.

I wouldn't say that was intentional. Would have been very unfortunate and a bad way to lose had thta puck gone in though.

If you haven't seen the men's players at this game, you're watching the wrong feed.

Re-read my original post, I clearly stated that I'm at work and not watching the game. Which is why I asked if the guys were there to cheer on the women's teams. I legitimately wanted to know because I can't see it.

But you're ok with someone saying that men's hockey is "the one that matters". You've got some pretty mixed up priorities.

He's an idiot. I certainly wouldn't have posted something as idiotic and insulting to a Country as you did.

Bars are full in this Country watching this game.

It's extremely important to Canadians.