• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

Ryan Miller, Steve Ott traded to St. Louis Blues

Rate this topic

Who has ever heard about Carrier before? They haven't given up much also the first is conditional if Miller re-signs OR they at least make it to the conference finals to me the deal is fair and a win-win for both clubs, but the Sabres are running the risk offturning into the oilers = lots of good picks but no veterans to guide them.

Carrier was. 2nd round pick last year.

Halak < Miller

Stewart > Ott

1st >

1st or 3rd >

Carrier >

To me this kind of feels like what Pittsburgh did last year...

They're rolling and then they seemingly make a move for the sake of making a move.

Honestly I think this move is about getting past the Kings, Quick in particular.

They may not even see them in the playoffs this year but the Blues have had two very good teams the last two seasons but couldn't get past the Kings both times. In both series a big part of that reason was Jonathan Quick. He's in their heads.

Headed into the playoffs with Miller should give them the feeling they won't end up losing games where they've outplayed the other team, which is what happened at times against LA.

Carrier was. 2nd round pick last year.

Halak < Miller

Stewart > Ott

1st >

1st or 3rd >

Carrier >

Is Stewart really better than Ott though? Both have 11 assists, Ott, works harder, actually back checks, and has thrown 194 hits compared to Stewart's 76. Stewart is younger, bigger, and has 6 more goals.

Is Stewart really better than Ott though? Both have 11 assists, Ott, works harder, actually back checks, and has thrown 194 hits compared to Stewart's 76. Stewart is younger, bigger, and has 6 more goals.

I think Stewart has the potential to be a lot better than Ott. Regardless, let's say they're equally valuable, long term value still went to buffalo

Honestly I think this move is about getting past the Kings, Quick in particular.

They may not even see them in the playoffs this year but the Blues have had two very good teams the last two seasons but couldn't get past the Kings both times. In both series a big part of that reason was Jonathan Quick. He's in their heads.

Headed into the playoffs with Miller should give them the feeling they won't end up losing games where they've outplayed the other team, which is what happened at times against LA.

This. The Blues now have a goalie that can steal games all by himself too.