• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Tampa Bay Lightning 5

Rate this topic

Instead of putting Smith or Kindl back in to replace Marchenko, why not just call up Oullette? He played last year in the playoffs for a game and looked like he belonged.

My thoughts exactly I mean at the very least he would get some much needed playoff experience. Marchenko had some flashes here there but he isn't ready yet.

Instead of putting Smith or Kindl back in to replace Marchenko, why not just call up Oullette? He played last year in the playoffs for a game and looked like he belonged.

It is an option, but you have to also think at this point that bringing Smith in does bring some more speed on the back end and some physicality. Both of which are kinda important. That being said, I would have no issues if Ouellet were here.

It is an option, but you have to also think at this point that bringing Smith in does bring some more speed on the back end and some physicality. Both of which are kinda important. That being said, I would have no issues if Ouellet were here.

How is Smith physical? Like, literally what does he do that makes his play "physical"?

People keep repeating this, but don't ever substantiate it.

How is Smith physical? Like, literally what does he do that makes his play "physical"?

People keep repeating this, but don't ever substantiate it.

This should be enough to get us started....

EDIT:

Including my personal favourite thus far....levelling Bobby Ryan.

Edited by wings4thecup06

Well that definitely makes him physical. Just like the total badass hitting everything that moves in the videos below.

I really hope you don't think youtube videos are an indicator of anything. Hell, there's no videos of Smith turning the puck over on youtube. By your rationale he's probably SUPER smart with the puck too.

My big problem with Holland is that he doesn't acquire players until they are past their prime. Weiss, Cole, hell even Bertuzzi would have been GREAT pickups had they happened 5 years sooner than they did. Instead we get the player that is about 50% of what they once were and preparing for "life after hockey".

My thought is that Holland needs to identify assets READY to rise and pick them up before they blow up. I know, every GM wants that, but he's better than the rest of them, isn't he?

My big problem with Holland is that he doesn't acquire players until they are past their prime. Weiss, Cole, hell even Bertuzzi would have been GREAT pickups had they happened 5 years sooner than they did. Instead we get the player that is about 50% of what they once were and preparing for "life after hockey".

My thought is that Holland needs to identify assets READY to rise and pick them up before they blow up. I know, every GM wants that, but he's better than the rest of them, isn't he?

Weiss was 30 when he was signed and no one knew it was going to turn out the way it did. Cole was not a bad signing, in fact if we had him in our lineup he would add physicality and goal scoring. He's 37 and scored over 20 goals again this year, and is probably top 3 in terms of speed on our team. Bertuzzi, meh.

Also if you want star players in there primes, you pay a lot to get them.

The reason for that is because he doesn't have to give much up to get them. Trading for Bert when he was in his prime would have cost us a lot because he was arguably the best power forward in the league at that point in time. Kenny adds them past their prime because they still have the skill and can be used to enhance the level of depth that we have. Ideally had we not gotten so many injuries between 2010 and 2012 our team could have made a push for another cup.

Veterans help you win the big games. That's why Kenny makes the moves.