• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

REPORT: Axel Holmstrom Signs With Detroit

Rate this topic

Who's Axel's dad?...

No doubt this kid has more skill than Tomas, but if he has half the career, I'll be very happy.

Ha.

Honestly, I didn't even believe homer scored 30 goals when I witnessed it happening...

Kinda crazy how effective he was on a top line, granted it was with z and pasha in their primes, but still.

Kinda crazy that tank on skates scored that much.

Ha.

Honestly, I didn't even believe homer scored 30 goals when I witnessed it happening...

Kinda crazy how effective he was on a top line, granted it was with z and pasha in their primes, but still.

Kinda crazy that tank on skates scored that much.

I mean, he was an awful skater, terrible shot, no offensive or defensive prowess, but oh my god his skill at the top of the crease. He's deflected in goals mid fall from a cross check to the back. He's deflected in goals while flat on his back. He's deflected in goals off his back. He's has goals called.... back.... not to mention one of his most under appreciated skills was just being in the right place for the shot or the rebound. I don't play in a competitive league by any means, but I can appreciate how tough it is just to position yourself on the right side of the defenseman, so the pucks bounce your way and all of a sudden you're the one boxing the defender out, and the puck is coming off your stick. He was phenomenal at this aspect, and for all the praise he gets for deflections and screening and just creating chaos, I think this aspect of his game deserved more attention than it got. Homer is a legend

I mean, he was an awful skater, terrible shot, no offensive or defensive prowess, but oh my god his skill at the top of the crease. He's deflected in goals mid fall from a cross check to the back. He's deflected in goals while flat on his back. He's deflected in goals off his back. He's has goals called.... back.... not to mention one of his most under appreciated skills was just being in the right place for the shot or the rebound. I don't play in a competitive league by any means, but I can appreciate how tough it is just to position yourself on the right side of the defenseman, so the pucks bounce your way and all of a sudden you're the one boxing the defender out, and the puck is coming off your stick. He was phenomenal at this aspect, and for all the praise he gets for deflections and screening and just creating chaos, I think this aspect of his game deserved more attention than it got. Homer is a legend

Ha. The amount of goals called back because of him used to make me so damn mad, I think they should name the goalie interference coaches challenge the holmstrom rule...

I would get so angry watching the games, and so excited when they came back out the next shift he'd go right back, it made the games seem so much more dramatic, I miss the hell out of that.

I'm excited for the future of the team, but we've been so spoiled with yzerman and feds, lidstrom and homer, pav and z that after they're all gone the games won't be as exciting... its already less fun to watch when pav is out, just because of the madness he creates...

Tats and Nyquist have shown flashes of that, and its hard to remember that they're still only going into their second full seasons, so hopefully they'll grow into it.

But he was definitely under appreciated.

Just the jokes between him and lidstrom, imagine how much better the 24/7 would've been.