• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DatsyukianDekes

XO Recalled

Rate this topic

Well, I admit, I am in Jensen's court. Everytime I see him play he looks the best and most poised of the kids they have, and that included XO and Marchy when they were all in GR. But, obviously there is something holding him back. He'll have a job someday in the NHL and I hope its in Detroit, if not, then oh well, I am sure they know what's best for the team. He always does so well in training camp too....oh well.

Edited by LeftWinger

He's not overly big, he's not great defensively, and he doesn't have a high skill level. There is zero evidence that he can even be a 7th defenseman in the NHL. At least Nestrasil had a good enough camp to make the Wings before crapping the bed and getting waived. Jensen hasn't even done that much, as little as it is.

So many people act like he's some future stud, he just needs a shot. The fact that he's passed Sproul has a lot more to do with Sproul than it does Jensen.

I never even insinuated that he is some future stud. My thinking is that ONE team may take a chance on him as a depth d-man. You don't need to be overly big, great defensively, or have a high skill level to get an opportunity to be a 7th or 8th d-man. Especially if its an organization lacking depth.

Nice Jensen thread guys. How did XO look? I didn't get to watch most of the game.

I've always been impressed with XO's passing ability. He had one really nice play where he faked a shot only to pass the puck over to Helm for a goal.

On the bad side, he had a bad clear which I think led to the Trotman goal, but that happens.

Overall I was happy with him. I like him and Marchenko as a third pairing.

I've always been impressed with XO's passing ability. He had one really nice play where he faked a shot only to pass the puck over to Helm for a goal.

On the bad side, he had a bad clear which I think led to the Trotman goal, but that happens.

Overall I was happy with him. I like him and Marchenko as a third pairing.

A bad clear that lead to a goal? Don't let the Kindl, Ericsson, Smith haters know! :D

Edited by e_prime

all debating aside, when I've watched the Griffins, Jensen always looks like the better of the kids, but obviously there something I'm missing, there has to be. I hope he gets his shot next season and makes it hard for Holland to waive him. He's NHL ready. He may not be top pairing, but he would slot in well 4-6 on most teams. I personally hope its here. I like XO and Sproul as well, I wish we had room for all four, but I think we'll be lucky if we get to keep 2 of them...unfortunately...

Dickie, I've asked you this before and you failed to answer, so I'll try again. How often do you watch the Griffins? Actually a better question, how often have you actually seen Jensen play? He's a much better skater than Ouellet and more physical. He's never flashy, and always makes the safe play. He absolutely will be an NHL defenseman, whether it's with the Wings or some other team...

He's not overly big, he's not great defensively, and he doesn't have a high skill level. There is zero evidence that he can even be a 7th defenseman in the NHL. At least Nestrasil had a good enough camp to make the Wings before crapping the bed and getting waived. Jensen hasn't even done that much, as little as it is.

So many people act like he's some future stud, he just needs a shot. The fact that he's passed Sproul has a lot more to do with Sproul than it does Jensen.

And yet Jensen played in more preseason games (6) than anyone else, scored 4 points and was a +8. Personally, I don't think he's been given a fair shake with the team, but it is what it is. I'm sure the Wings' brass have their reasons for not bringing him up over Ouellet, but I don't think it's because he hasn't made good on his limited number of opportunities.

At this point, it seems to me that Ouellet and Marchenko has the inside track on the (presumed) two spots on next year's roster. IMO, Sproul will pass through waivers, but I think someone could take a chance on Jensen, should the Wings elect to waive him, too.

Edited by Jesusberg

Perhaps they were showcasing Ouellet for a deadline deal? Lets face it there are lots of reasons why the Wings brass do things that they don't tell all of us :lol:

You think some of us would realize that by now... :D