• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Targets for the Wings

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

You did not say it was possible, you implied it was VERY likely. That's why we disagree with you. You think Yzerman is gionna trade Bert and Vrana for futures, despite him stressing that trading these types of players, he wants a younger, NHL player as part of the deal. Hence how he got Vrana to begin with. 

Teams pay Yzerman for a player entering their prime years for a younger comparable plus futures. He wants a competitive team that can win games. Because that's how you DEVELOP these young players. 

I do think it's likely. We finished 5th from the bottom last season. I think we've improved marginally. Maybe enough to get us to that 8-10 range. Maybe

I think it's possible that if Yzerman trades Bertuzzi or Vrana, that he considers futures, and if he does want a player back, that player likely won't be as effective as either player traded away. You think if Yzerman trades either of those guys, it'll be as great a return as the Mantha trade? Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it..

I agree that Yzerman is "trying" to ice a competitive team. That doesn't mean we're guaranteed to climb from 27th to 20th. Could we? Sure. Is it likely? I don't think so. We're getting younger, moving in the right direction, but with that comes growing pains.

The theme here is that there are a lot of "ifs" and maybes". No "guarantees" like some of you seem to believe. Like any team, any season, a lot can go right / wrong over an 82 game schedule.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I do think it's likely. We finished 5th from the bottom last season. I think we've improved marginally. Maybe enough to get us to that 8-10 range. Maybe

I think it's possible that if Yzerman trades Bertuzzi or Vrana, that he considers futures, and if he does want a player back, that player likely won't be as effective as either player traded away. You think if Yzerman trades either of those guys, it'll be as great a return as the Mantha trade? Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it..

I agree that Yzerman is "trying" to ice a competitive team. That doesn't mean we're guaranteed to climb from 27th to 20th. Could we? Sure. Is it likely? I don't think so. We're getting younger, moving in the right direction, but with that comes growing pains.

The theme here is that there are a lot of "ifs" and maybes". No "guarantees" like some of you seem to believe. Like any team, any season, a lot can go right / wrong over an 82 game schedule.

There is nothing you've said that isn't an "if" or "maybe" itself. There are no "guarantees" like you seem to believe. 

We think it's likely the team builds upon last season. You think they'll be the same, if not worst. Earlier in this thread I gave examples of about 10 teams that can very well have a lot go wrong. Not including the three train wrecks that will finish below us regardless. I like the odds of a better finish.

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

There is nothing you've said that isn't an "if" or "maybe" itself. There are no "guarantees" like you seem to believe. 

We think it's likely the team builds upon last season. You think they'll be the same, if not worst. Earlier in this thread I gave examples of about 10 teams that can very well have a lot go wrong. Not including the three train wrecks that will finish below us regardless. I like the odds of a better finish.

There isn't anything I've said that isn't an "if" or "maybe"? Well no s***. That's exactly what I'm saying... I'm not the one guaranteeing anything... 

I've been attacked and threatened because I "think" it's entirely possible, yes even likely, that we're "in the running" for a bottom 5 finish. That is in no way a guarantee...

Anyway, I'm done with this.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

There isn't anything I've said that isn't an "if" or "maybe"? Well no s***. That's exactly what I'm saying... I'm not the one guaranteeing anything... 

I've been attacked and threatened because I "think" it's entirely possible, yes even likely, that we're "in the running" for a bottom 5 finish. That is in no way a guarantee...

Anyway, I'm done with this.

You're accusing us of guaranteeing s***, when we are just saying how we think things will go down. Much like you are. 

15 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

5 more posts incoming

The team is turning the corner. Yzerman is adding valuable players in UFA and trades. Spending picks instead of hoarding them. The shift is obvious. Long way to go yet, but this is the start.

rEbUiLd OvEr

you guys have derailed