• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nondescript_D

Dallas gets Ben Bishop...

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I meant for Mrazek to hit the next level. Lol Howard is what he is.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Matej can do as well. I think he can challenge and maybe pass Coreau on the depth chart and for the starting job in GR.

He will have the starting job in GR. 

Because Coreau will be in Detroit backing up whichever one isn't traded.

15 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I Guess I'm ignorant, don't think he's done anything to warrant being called a very good goalie , was he good this  year?yes but it was only a 26 game season , he's always underachieved 

as for sheahan , it was a while ago , maybe demanded was the wrong phrase ?i just did a quick search and found the link underneath ... I know if lazar got a 2nd sheahan would as well 

http://editorinleaf.com/2017/02/26/toronto-maple-leafs-rumors-sheahan/

Bingo!

Bishop just signed a 6 year deal with Dallas worth $4.92 million a season. So now they have three expensive goalies. I guess Nill is banking on Lehtonen or Niemi being taken by Vegas or being able to trade one. Could buy one out as well or try waivers I guess.

Edited by chaps80

13 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Bishop just signed a 6 year deal with Dallas worth $4.92 million a season. So now they have three expensive goalies. I guess Nill is banking on Lehtonen or Niemi being taken by Vegas or being able to trade one. Could buy one out as well or try waivers I guess.

Forget who, but reputable source reported that Dallas is prepared to buyout Niemi if he cant be dumped any other way.

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

He will have the starting job in GR. 

Because Coreau will be in Detroit backing up whichever one isn't traded.

That's kinda scary. Coreau was clearly not ready when he was up last time. I know Blash likes him, but I hope if Howard is moved that he lets them battle it out in camp before promoting one.

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Forget who, but reputable source reported that Dallas is prepared to buyout Niemi if he cant be dumped any other way.

Yeah they will have to do whatever it takes to get rid of him. His contract is up after this season anyways I think.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

That's kinda scary. Coreau was clearly not ready when he was up last time. I know Blash likes him, but I hope if Howard is moved that he lets them battle it out in camp before promoting one.

I think if Coreau played behind a decent defensive core and was the backup he would an ok backup goalie. When he was up earlier this year, his D was awful and he was being leaned on to start because Mrazek was just a mess. I guess what I am saying is that I think he can handle backup duties, or at least I am fine with him being given a shot.

17 minutes ago, kliq said:

I think if Coreau played behind a decent defensive core and was the backup he would an ok backup goalie. When he was up earlier this year, his D was awful and he was being leaned on to start because Mrazek was just a mess. I guess what I am saying is that I think he can handle backup duties, or at least I am fine with him being given a shot.

The only scary part is, what if Howie gets injured again? I'm all for using Coreau as a backup, but I'm just afraid to lean on him for a significant amount of time at this point in his career. Not that Mrazek is much better, but still.

43 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The only scary part is, what if Howie gets injured again? I'm all for using Coreau as a backup, but I'm just afraid to lean on him for a significant amount of time at this point in his career. Not that Mrazek is much better, but still.

Not a bad point at all. If our starter went down, I would not trust him to be the guy for an extended period of time.

10 minutes ago, kliq said:

Not a bad point at all. If our starter went down, I would not trust him to be the guy for an extended period of time.

I mean who knows, if the Wings actually play well this year he could pull a Peter Budaj in net. Just afraid of getting stuck in that situation in the first place.