• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

New signing

Rate this topic

I said for every Rafalski there are a dozen or more Leinos and Lebdas.  Lebda was nothing special.  He was a dime a dozen player.  He did an OK job in a limited role on a stacked team.  Nowhere did I say it "didn't work out."  Maybe you need to work on reading comprehension.

Oh good..you're like me...you can't just let it go.  I imagine if we were to survive a nuclear holocaust we'd spend our final agony filled days arguing over who's lawn glowed brighter.

You lumped the Silver...ok maybe he's copper.. Brett in with Leino.  That's saying he sucked by association because..one decent year elsewhere aside...Ville sucked.  

I think Lebda was an awesome UDFA signing.  We haven't come close to finding a UDFA that good since.  Given that he didn't play a full year anywhere after he left here...I suspect he had some injury issues

1 hour ago, Nondescript_D said:

Oh good..you're like me...you can't just let it go.  I imagine if we were to survive a nuclear holocaust we'd spend our final agony filled days arguing over who's lawn glowed brighter.

You lumped the Silver...ok maybe he's copper.. Brett in with Leino.  That's saying he sucked by association because..one decent year elsewhere aside...Ville sucked.  

I think Lebda was an awesome UDFA signing.  We haven't come close to finding a UDFA that good since.  Given that he didn't play a full year anywhere after he left here...I suspect he had some injury issues

You don't think DeKeyser was a better UDFA signing? He 100% was. I'd even say Glendening was / is as good a signing as Lebda, and this coming from someone who regularly says that Glendening is replaceable. I'd even put Brunner in the conversation, even though he only played half a season...

Lebda wasn't terrible. He was a serviceable 3rd pairing defenseman for a short stint here. And that's about all you can expect out of most UDFA's.

You don't think DeKeyser was a better UDFA signing? He 100% was. I'd even say Glendening was / is as good a signing as Lebda, and this coming from someone who regularly says that Glendening is replaceable. I'd even put Brunner in the conversation, even though he only played half a season...
Lebda wasn't terrible. He was a serviceable 3rd pairing defenseman for a short stint here. And that's about all you can expect out of most UDFA's.

Exactly my point

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

On 6/7/2017 at 7:52 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

True, I didn't notice the age gap

both the boys icing for Czech Rep at the worlds, lets not forget this kid folks, Jiri does get us some sound free agent pick ups ( that then get lost to other teams !!) anyway not long to go before we see what Kenny has up his sleeve for us this draft.

3453491_sport-hokej-sulak-rutta-v0.jpg

2 hours ago, Juklitz said:

As per czech interview, Šulák is considering to stay in AHL for 17/18 if it´s possible. If not, going to Finland.

If he has a contract in Finland that says he plays there if he's not in the NHL, I doubt it's possible, unless maybe the Wings send them some cash to get him out of the contract

9 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

If he has a contract in Finland that says he plays there if he's not in the NHL, I doubt it's possible, unless maybe the Wings send them some cash to get him out of the contract

Or send them Ericsson!?