• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Which player(s) would you trade?

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

These are good facts.

Question - how many Nyquist/Tatar/Pulks/Jurco type guys can a team play in the 12 man roster and be successful?

I dont know.

You must be referring to the fact that those guys are complimentary guys because they surely are not the same type of player.

I am going to throw something out there as food for thought.

The Wings are not going to be a in a position to compete for a cup until they get some generational talent.  The only way to get generational talent is to draft in the top 10 consistently.  Sure, there is always a chance we could get a Dats or Z again in the later rounds, but the odds of that happening are slim to none.

Anyway, knowing this, it doesn't matter how strapped we are right now.  It doesn't matter how strapped we are 3 years from now.  The bad contracts will be off the books by the time we get some talent and get things back on track.  A better idea would be to just play the kids and spend to the cap floor from this point forward.  Let the team fail and get those high draft picks now.  Yes, with a new arena, this team is going to suck which means that many fans will likely not spend a lot on tickets.  At the same time though, this is the best method to get those top 10 draft picks we need.

We don't need to trade away any contracts right now.

If we're talking unrealistically, I'd trade E, Nielson, and Kronwall (only because of his knee issues). I think we'll ride out these deals, though.

A more realistic ways to create capspace in the short term (for AA if there's no injuries), I'd be looking to trade Sheahan for a pick or cheaper prospect. I think we'll waive Sproul instead, though. I think there's a chance he might not get claimed so I'll hope for that.

Going into the year, trades I think we should look at trades to improve the team with Helm or 1 of our goalies or Green if we've decided not bring him back. These options could bring an actual positive return (at least a pick or prospect for a position we need to bolster). I'm not on the side that we desperately need cap space for our situation. Even the AA situation is caused by the Daley signing in my mind. A lot of the of bad contracts are gone in a couple year when we'll compete. Nielson and Abby are exceptions to that. If we could ship out Nielson, I'm on board.