• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

3/9 GDT - Red Wings @ Blue Jackets - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

It's pretty even I think!  I couldn't believe after I came back to LGW-I moved across the country and was without the interwebz for a while-how many users were either not posting anymore or just gone.  I miss a lot of the posters that don't post anymore, BUT thankfully all of you are still here :yahoo:

Yeah, I for sure miss the good old days!

8 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Pretty amazing job when we bring a young kid up and play him a total of 5:25 and zero time on the powerplay.... Just let this sink in, Witkowski played 9:16... There is no logic in this place.

Our coach is a joke, end of story.

9 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Pretty amazing job when we bring a young kid up and play him a total of 5:25 and zero time on the powerplay.... Just let this sink in, Witkowski played 9:16... There is no logic in this place.

At this point, who cares?  I want to be entertained and I'm not being entertained.

9 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

At this point, who cares?  I want to be entertained and I'm not being entertained.

I would think anyone who wants to see the young players make strides.

If you’re looking at this season in terms of wins and loses, I guess I see your point, but I look at this season as a year where hopefullly our youngsters take their games to the next level.

I care more about a player like Svechnikov developing then a player like witkowski fighting.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I would think anyone who wants to see the young players make strides.

If you’re looking at this season in terms of wins and loses, I guess I see your point, but I look at this season as a year where hopefullly our youngsters take their games to the next level.

I care more about a player like Svechnikov developing then a player like witkowski fighting.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I hate all the losing, but I still enjoy watching in part due to seeing how the kids play/develop. I don't think playing 5 minutes is going to do much for Svechnikov, though I'm not too upset yet because it was only his 2nd game. I sure don't want to see Luke Witkowski playing more minutes than him for much longer though. 

I want to believe Svechnikov's gotten basically no icetime in these past two games because of the epic traveling he had to do just to get to Detroit on time for that Vegas game, traveling which saw him get basically no sleep. Add that to the fact that he's probably only very recently gotten over his neck injury from the preseason and the fact that fatigue often leads to injury in the pros, especially at the NHL level...and I think you could make a strong case for this simply being a wise precautionary move on Blashill's part.

Or it's because Svechnikov's 21 and This Is a Man's League. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The nice thing about (future Wings GM) Draper's recent comments is that he seems to firmly believe that we need to speed up our standard timeline for getting our most promising prospects into meaningful NHL action. At the very least, this massive logjam bulls*** needs to stop being a thing.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Maybe Svech isn't ready for 15:00 or more a game yet. Its only like his 2nd game. It only makes sense that he would get sheltered minutes until he's ready for more. Throwing him into situations he's not ready for yet can actually do more harm than good. 

Sure, I'd expect him to be sheltered at this point in his career. But 9 minutes and 5 minutes, in two supremely weak team efforts? IMO, either there's more to it than just sheltering a kid (i.e. the fatigue issue) or Blashill is being a dick.

12 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Sure, I'd expect him to be sheltered at this point in his career. But 9 minutes and 5 minutes, in two supremely weak team efforts? IMO, either there's more to it than just sheltering a kid (i.e. the fatigue issue) or Blashill is being a dick.

I don't think its the latter LOL. At this point I am still giving the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt. If it gets to the point where Svech is clearly outperforming other guys on the team and is still being given only a handful of minutes a game, then... If and until that happens, we can afford to be patient IMO. He wasn't exactly tearing up the AHL before being called up. He hasn't earned top 6 minutes or special team assignments (yet). But he better get them when he does, and I think he will?