• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

German League Reinstituting Relegation

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Jasper84 said:

There isn't any sending down players anywhere in the Seria A. A player is either good enough to play, or he isn't. If it's a matter of not having enough room, they can lend a player to any team in any league. 

Interesting.  Just curious on how the lending of a player to another team works?  Why would a team want or benefit lending a player to another team?

34 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Interesting.  Just curious on how the lending of a player to another team works?  Why would a team want or benefit lending a player to another team?

The NHL loans players too. Christopher Ehn was under contract with the Red Wings last season, but played for Frolunda. Sulak was under contract with us but was loaned to the Pelicans of Finland's SM-Liiga.

The only reason players like Cholowski and Rasmussen aren't considered loans when they go back to the WHL, is because the NHL, AHL, and CHL all have agreements between them that facilitate the process/organization of loans to the point that everything is pretty much systematic. Thus it ceases to feel like a true loan in spirit.

To answer your questions though, the team receiving the loaned player essentially gets a good player for free, and the team offering the loaned player gets to have said loaned player develop on a team more suited for them, A. because the player isn't ready  yet and needs to develop more before joining a higher league, or B. they're simply isn't enough room on the big club and it's better to have a player play somewhere than not at all. Could be a combination of both A and B. Disclaimer: I'm speaking strictly from a hockey standpoint, I do not understand the mess that is soccer.

1 hour ago, NerveDamage said:

yeah, right...

58aa3b4d0e2bd.jpeg

not to mention automobiles, aspirins, jeans, gummy bears, x-rays, bicycles, heck even mayonnaise

I'd like to see those Germany nerds come up with a useful concept for once, like this:

6C51ijJ.png

(Pro-tip: They can't. Cause they're not cool like us)

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

12 hours ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Benefit of player development in better conditions. It´s very common. 

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The NHL loans players too. Christopher Ehn was under contract with the Red Wings last season, but played for Frolunda. Sulak was under contract with us but was loaned to the Pelicans of Finland's SM-Liiga.

The only reason players like Cholowski and Rasmussen aren't considered loans when they go back to the WHL, is because the NHL, AHL, and CHL all have agreements between them that facilitate the process/organization of loans to the point that everything is pretty much systematic. Thus it ceases to feel like a true loan in spirit.

To answer your questions though, the team receiving the loaned player essentially gets a good player for free, and the team offering the loaned player gets to have said loaned player develop on a team more suited for them, A. because the player isn't ready  yet and needs to develop more before joining a higher league, or B. they're simply isn't enough room on the big club and it's better to have a player play somewhere than not at all. Could be a combination of both A and B. Disclaimer: I'm speaking strictly from a hockey standpoint, I do not understand the mess that is soccer.

Got it!  I thought they lent players to other teams in their own league...that's what threw me.  Thanks for the explanation.  Makes total sense.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:47 AM, Learn2LuvIt said:

Got it!  I thought they lent players to other teams in their own league...that's what threw me.  Thanks for the explanation.  Makes total sense.

They do sometimes. Also sometimes they pay x amount of money to get a player on loan which helps with teams who need some extra money trying to get rid of a player they dont need.