• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Gustav Nyquist traded to Sharks for 2019 Second Round pick and 2020 3rd round conditional pick.

Rate this topic

On 3/14/2019 at 12:11 PM, Spongewingredpants said:

I am amazed about the decline in scoring since Gus has been traded. Amazing. Watching them next week in New York. Hope they don't suck as much as the standings suggest

Well Nyquist is a 48 point per season player on average since he came up to the NHL full time in 2013-14. Lowest total was 40. He's at 55 for this season, his best so far. He was going to be missed, for sure.

12 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Well Nyquist is a 48 point per season player on average since he came up to the NHL full time in 2013-14. Lowest total was 40. He's at 55 for this season, his best so far. He was going to be missed, for sure.

Agreed, but I think expectations were potentially higher for him when his first real start with the Wings was 28 goals and 48 points in 57 games as a 24 year old.  He hasn't grown from there at all....he's gone downhill.

10 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Agreed, but I think expectations were potentially higher for him when his first real start with the Wings was 28 goals and 48 points in 57 games as a 24 year old.  He hasn't grown from there at all....he's gone downhill.

The higher expectations also had a lot to do with the media and others, as i recall, over hyping the s*** out of him and Tatar as being "The next Zetterberg and Datsyuk", when they were never going to reach that level and step up and lead the team. Not those type of players. He went downhill along with the team, although he did step it up this season until he was traded. 

26 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

The higher expectations also had a lot to do with the media and others, as i recall, over hyping the s*** out of him and Tatar as being "The next Zetterberg and Datsyuk", when they were never going to reach that level and step up and lead the team. Not those type of players. He went downhill along with the team, although he did step it up this season until he was traded. 

He would be a 60-65 point complementary winger on a good team.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:23 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He would be a 60-65 point complementary winger on a good team.

Not sure about that.  Can go the other way sometimes as well.  If you are a decent player on a bad team, you are probably the go to offensive guy, getting all the opportunities (ice time, PP time, etc.).  If you go to a good team, you may get the chance to play with better players now and get more scoring chances that way, but you may also fall down on the hierarchy list and not get the ice time, PP time, etc. anymore.

Very small sample size, but you already see some of this with San Jose, his PPG was 0.79 with DET this year, it's 0.46 with SJ