• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Holland set to become GM of Oilers

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Edmonton is at the top of their division and conference...

Holland managed to swap with their most heated rival an overpaid and washed up enforcer Lucic for a point-per-game James Neal...

Holland brought in a coach that is getting the most out of a team with a few good forwards and below average D and netminding (just like us)...

Holland let Colin Larkin walk unsigned as a F U to the Red Wings...

When are we going to admit that Holland is a stable genius who's won many cups and will probably win more, and Yzerman merely road on the back of Hedman and Stamkos and still never got the job done?

If Holland were still here this team would be equally as bad as it is now. Yzerman didn't sign Neilsen, Abdlekader, etc etc to these heinous deals. 

And Connor and Leon aren't exactly "a few good forwards". Hot take. RNH, the forgotten man, would be this team's second (maybe first?) best player. The Oiler's bones are way healthier than Detroit's. 

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What has he won as a GM besides this job?

The same s*** Babcock has won? 2 Olympic gold medals. Goldcock has one cup as a coach. With two 80+point selke calibre forwards and a HOF Norris gobbling D man. Should have had at least two. Yzerman inherited two all stars. How many did Holland start with lol? 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If Holland were still here this team would be equally as bad as it is now. Yzerman didn't sign Neilsen, Abdlekader, etc etc to these heinous deals.

If Holland were still here we'd have a PPG real deal James Neal instead of Abdelkader.

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

And Connor and Leon aren't exactly "a few good forwards". Hot take. RNH, the forgotten man, would be this team's second (maybe first?) best player. The Oiler's bones are way healthier than Detroit's.

4 solid forwards. Weak defense. Weak net. Am I describing Oilers or Red Wings?

18 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The same s*** Babcock has won? 2 Olympic gold medals. Goldcock has one cup as a coach. With two 80+point selke calibre forwards and a HOF Norris gobbling D man. Should have had at least two. Yzerman inherited two all stars. How many did Holland start with lol? 

Babcock isn't a GM, but I'm happy to compare he and Blash.

Babs: 691W-408L-160OTL NHL record, 1 Cup, 2 Olympic golds (only coach in history in the triple gold club), 1 WJC gold, 1 World Championship title, 1 World Cup Championship title (only coach in history to win all five of those titles).

Blashill: 136W-145L-47OTL NHL record, Zero international titles.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If Holland were still here we'd have a PPG real deal James Neal instead of Abdelkader.

4 solid forwards. Weak defense. Weak net. Am I describing Oilers or Red Wings?

Babcock isn't a GM, but I'm happy to compare he and Blash.

Babs: 691W-408L-160OTL NHL record, 1 Cup, 2 Olympic golds (only coach in history in the triple gold club), 1 WJC gold, 1 World Championship title, 1 World Cup Championship title (only coach in history to win all five of those titles).

Blashill: 136W-145L-47OTL NHL record, Zero international titles.

You must be bored

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ur trolling too hard today my friend. 

Trolling in what sense? That people find the truth difficult to accept?

Holland: Presided as GM over one of the most legendary dynasties in all of sports. His tenure is respected not just in the hockey community but across all sports. I believe even hockey illiterate ESPN ranked the Red Wings as the top run sports franchise for multiple years under his tenure. Future HOF GM easily.

Babcock: Holds multiple stand alone records and accomplishments in coaching. Poised to become the 2nd winningest NHL coach of all time behind only Scotty Bowman. A Jack Adams and maybe another cup will likely finish him as one of the best NHL coaches of all time.

Yzerman: Legendary hockey player. Won gold as GM of team Canada. Rebuilt the Lightning into a contender, but major accomplishments at the NHL level still allude him.

Blashill: Has lost more than he's won at the NHL level. Has coached internationally, but hasn't been able to put any feathers in his cap.

Interestingly enough not one of these 4 men have ever been fired at the NHL level (yet)

Just now, Echolalia said:

that is what teams hire GMs to win, yes.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Trolling in what sense? That people find the truth difficult to accept?

Holland: Presided as GM over one of the most legendary dynasties in all of sports. His tenure is respected not just in the hockey community but across all sports. I believe even hockey illiterate ESPN ranked the Red Wings as the top run sports franchise for multiple years under his tenure. Future HOF GM easily.

Babcock: Holds multiple stand alone records and accomplishments in coaching. Poised to become the 2nd winningest NHL coach of all time behind only Scotty Bowman. A Jack Adams and maybe another cup will likely finish him as one of the best NHL coaches of all time.

Yzerman: Legendary hockey player. Won gold as GM of team Canada. Rebuilt the Lightning into a contender, but major accomplishments at the NHL level still allude him.

Blashill: Has lost more than he's won at the NHL level. Has coached internationally, but hasn't been able to put any feathers in his cap.

Interestingly enough not one of these 4 men have ever been fired at the NHL level (yet)

Cool. You guys have yourselves a good evening then. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Cool. You guys have yourselves a good evening then. 

I'll admit with Biega/Erne/Perlini Yzerman has already proved he's the wheeler dealer Holland never was or was ever going to be

Conservative Holland expectedly made very few moves with the Oilers this year, and actually signed old treads Jurco and Sheahan lol. Yzerman is probably better for us.

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Babcock: Holds multiple stand alone records and accomplishments in coaching. Poised to become the 2nd winningest NHL coach of all time behind only Scotty Bowman.

Possible, but I think Quenneville and Trotz are pretty big roadblocks between Babcock and #2 all-time.  Paul Maurice even.

22 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Possible, but I think Quenneville and Trotz are pretty big roadblocks between Babcock and #2 all-time.  Paul Maurice even.

Q is about 5 years older and has about 5 years of wins on Babs. Trotz is truly ahead of him. Didn't realize how young Maurice is...

Let's say top 5

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Q is about 5 years older and has about 5 years of wins on Babs. Trotz is truly ahead of him. Didn't realize how young Maurice is...

Let's say top 5

You're right on him being 5 years younger and about 5 years worth of wins away from Q, which is why I'm saying it's possible, but will he coach 5 years longer than Q?  Who knows.  

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Bowman...Babcock...Blashill...

Why do I think our next coach will be Bylsma?

Don't disrespect (by omitting) the legendary Dave Lewis!!  Barry Smith was in there too, but just temporary, so he doesn't really count.

21 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Don't disrespect (by omitting) the legendary Dave Lewis!!  Barry Smith was in there too, but just temporary, so he doesn't really count.

Dave Lewis was like Coy and Vance Duke. They were a part of the show, but not part of the canon. And purposefully forgotten.