17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Best players in this order:

1. Larkin

2. Hronek

3. Bertuzzi

4. Mantha

There's your debate ya goof. 

That's your opinion, ya f***ing goof...

Mantha is the most talented player on the Red Wings. I'll debate anyone that says otherwise. Does most talented equal best? Maybe not. But it's absolutely debatable whether Mantha is the "best" player on this team.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1. Hronek

2. Bertuzzi

3. Mantha

4. Larkin

Imagine that. Another person with a differing opinion...

For me it's...

1. / 2. Mantha / Larkin

3. Hronek

4. Bertuzzi

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If we're talking about most talented player on the team (I take that to mean offensively) it goes:

1. Mantha

2. Bertuzzi

3. Fabbri

4. Larkin

Why don't you go back to losing arguments vs Kip in that other thread and stay out of this!

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL I'm dumb for saying Larkin is this team's undisputed best player? Get f***ed

No. You're dumb for saying that there is no debate that Mantha could be the team's best player, when he was by far the team's best player for the first several weeks of the season, before the injury. That's dumb and ignorant, but whatever. I think there could be a reasonable debate that either of Larkin or Mantha is this team's best player. CRL believes it Hronek. I disagree, but I'd hear an argument for him as well.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No. You're dumb for saying that there is no debate that Mantha could be the team's best player, when he was by far the team's best player for the first several weeks of the season, before the injury. That's dumb and ignorant, but whatever. I think there could be a reasonable debate that either of Larkin or Mantha is this team's best player. CRL believes it Hronek. I disagree, but I'd hear an argument for him as well.

So what you meant to say on the previous page is "I'm not trading one of this team's best players for........"?

Right? 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So what you meant to say on the previous page is "I'm not trading one of this team's best players for........"?

Right? 

Sure. You could add in "one of", or "arguably", or "who I believe is", if it really makes you happy...

Bottom line, Mantha is *one of* Detroit's best players. I'd probably flip flop between him and Larkin depending on the day, but an argument can be made for either.

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Right?

Mantha's the "best player" because he scored pretty well for a few DAYS of the season lol.  Nevermind that for the next 11 games he was outscored by Darren Helm.  Nevermind that he plays an easier position than Larkin.  Nevermind that he's never tasked with shutting down top opposition players.  Nevermind that his career ppg average is lower than Larkin's.  Just pay attention to that first few days of the season and you'll see he's the "best player" on the team. 

Sure. You could add in "one of", or "arguably", or "who I believe is", if it really makes you happy...

Bottom line, Mantha is *one of* Detroit's best players. I'd probably flip flop between him and Larkin depending on the day, but an argument can be made for either.

1. Mantha is one of this team's best, yes

2. only you would flip flop between the two

3. the argument cannot be made

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If you factor in D as well Bertuzzi and Hronek gotta be higher than Larkin. Larkin is great at D but so is Bertuzzi and Hronek.

Which is why all three are better, IMO, than Mantha. 

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Which is why all three are better, IMO, than Mantha. 

True. When you factor in that Mantha is basically purely offensive and is a wuss that gets injured all the time, he's not as good. He was just so far and away the best offensive player this year. If he can't keep that up or others catch up he's def not the best.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

True. When you factor in that Mantha is basically purely offensive and is a wuss that gets injured all the time, he's not as good. He was just so far and away the best offensive player this year. If he can't keep that up or others catch up he's def not the best.

He was great post-deadline last year, through the world championships, and excellent to start this season for sure. Maybe in the future he is better than Larkin. But he's not right now. You'd be hard pressed to find a list by anyone (anyone knowledgeable) that would place Mantha as the #1 best player on this team. 

Only on LGWs would we waste this much time debating something so obvious. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Mantha's the "best player" because he scored pretty well for a few DAYS of the season lol.  Nevermind that for the next 11 games he was outscored by Darren Helm.  Nevermind that he plays an easier position than Larkin.  Nevermind that he's never tasked with shutting down top opposition players.  Nevermind that his career ppg average is lower than Larkin's.  Just pay attention to that first few days of the season and you'll see he's the "best player" on the team. 

You can count 11 games he was cold, but can't count the games he was red hot? The "hot streak" goes back to the end of last season, but sure, "few DAYS"...

Mantha plays a *different* position than Larkin, not an "easier" position than Larkin.

The rest are valid points, which is why it's debating...

Mantha is the most naturally gifted player on the team. Few would argue that. What Larkin lacks in natural ability though, he makes up for in work ethic. Mantha was this team's MVP for the past few weeks of last season (after his injury) to the first few weeks of this season (before his injury). If he hadn't gotten injured, and were leading the team in points, I'm sure this would be a very different argument. Sure, some people would still say Larkin is the better all around player, and that may be true. But I doubt anyone would be saying "it's not debatable"... 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

1. Mantha is one of this team's best, yes

2. only you would flip flop between the two

3. the argument cannot be made

Such a dumb response. We're talking about the two (or three) best players on the team here. It's not like I'm trying to debate between Larkin and Athanasiou here... 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He was great post-deadline last year, through the world championships, and excellent to start this season for sure. Maybe in the future he is better than Larkin. But he's not right now. You'd be hard pressed to find a list by anyone (anyone knowledgeable) that would place Mantha as the #1 best player on this team. 

Only on LGWs would we waste this much time debating something so obvious. 

*lists reasons it's not so obvious...

"Only on LGWs would we waste this much time debating something so obvious"...

You can count 11 games he was cold, but can't count the games he was red hot? The "hot streak" goes back to the end of last season, but sure, "few DAYS"...

Mantha plays a *different* position than Larkin, not an "easier" position than Larkin.

The rest are valid points, which is why it's debating...

Mantha is the most naturally gifted player on the team. Few would argue that. What Larkin lacks in natural ability though, he makes up for in work ethic. Mantha was this team's MVP for the past few weeks of last season (after his injury) to the first few weeks of this season (before his injury). If he hadn't gotten injured, and were leading the team in points, I'm sure this would be a very different argument. Sure, some people would still say Larkin is the better all around player, and that may be true. But I doubt anyone would be saying "it's not debatable"... 

Such a dumb response. We're talking about the two (or three) best players on the team here. It's not like I'm trying to debate between Larkin and Athanasiou here... 

*lists reasons it's not so obvious...

"Only on LGWs would we waste this much time debating something so obvious"...

God you are SUCH a fanboy. 

Find me a list, any list. Or a smart hockey person, or any hockey person, or anyone not named YOU that has Mantha as the #1 best player on the Wings. I'll wait. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

God you are SUCH a fanboy. 

Find me a list, any list. Or a smart hockey person, or any hockey person, or anyone not named YOU that has Mantha as the #1 best player on the Wings. I'll wait. 

This is what I'll NEVER understand... Imagine getting this upset and attacking someone for thinking *one of* the top players on a team is the THE top player on the team... I'm not sure if it's funny or sad...

Find me a list, any list, that lists the top players on the Red Wings in numerical order... I'll wait.

You act as if I'm saying Mantha is waaay better than Larkin... when in reality, I'm saying they're our top two players and an argument could be made for either being the top player.

I apologize for saying Mantha is the best player, when maybe I should have said Mantha is one of the best players...

Where the f*** were you when CRL was saying "Larkin sucks"?

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This is what I'll NEVER understand... Imagine getting this upset and attacking someone for thinking *one of* the top players on a team is the THE top player on the team... I'm not sure if it's funny or sad...

Funnier or sadder than constantly overrating Mantha and waiting for that 35 goal season? 

Find me a list, any list, that lists the top players on the Red Wings in numerical order... I'll wait.

Here's one I found super quick

WiiM Dylan Larkin is "OBVIOSLY" #1

f***, it's almost like I wrote this

You act as if I'm saying Mantha is waaay better than Larkin... when in reality, I'm saying they're our top two players and an argument could be made for either being the top player.

The only argument is you arguing with me. No one else is arguing this because there IS NO ARGUMENT. Now if you want to debate who is better, Mantha vs Bertuzzi we can do that

I apologize for saying Mantha is the best player, when maybe I should have said Mantha is one of the best players...

This is all you had to say yes. But you couldn't. 

Where the f*** were you when CRL was saying "Larkin sucks"?

It was obvious to me he was being a little disingenuous 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1. Hronek

2. Bertuzzi

3. Mantha

4. Larkin

MFW everyone is squabbling over is Mantha or Larkin the best

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxm7mmuxc_XSUtBRswnED

Hronek is objectively the best player on this team.

He plays top20 minutes league wide for Dmen. He's top30 league wide for points by Dmen. And he actually plays a well-rounded mistake free Defensive game. This kid is a ******* thoroughbred.

Meanwhile Mantha has all sorts of issues and Larkin is a 2C. Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

MFW everyone is squabbling over is Mantha or Larkin the best

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxm7mmuxc_XSUtBRswnED

Hronek is objectively the best player on this team.

He plays top20 minutes league wide for Dmen. He's top30 league wide for points by Dmen. And he actually plays a well-rounded mistake free Defensive game. This kid is a ******* thoroughbred.

Meanwhile Mantha has all sorts of issues and Larkin is a 2C. Pathetic.

NIce hat. A little tight maybe? 

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Funnier or sadder than constantly overrating Mantha and waiting for that 35 goal season? 

Yeah, saying that Mantha could be a top line winger, capable of 30+ goals, is definitely overrating him... He was on pace for 30 last season and 34 this season. There's no way he's a 30 goal scorer...

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Here's one I found super quick

LOL good ol' WIIM... Who do they have ranked number 2? Mantha. But yeah, Larkin is THAT much better that there is "no debate"...

17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The only argument is you arguing with me. No one else is arguing this because there IS NO ARGUMENT. Now if you want to debate who is better, Mantha vs Bertuzzi we can do that

But, but but... WIIM said that Mantha is better, so there's no debate...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, saying that Mantha could be a top line winger, capable of 30+ goals, is definitely overrating him... He was on pace for 30 last season and 34 this season. There's no way he's a 30 goal scorer...

LOL good ol' WIIM... Who do they have ranked number 2? Mantha. But yeah, Larkin is THAT much better that there is "no debate"...

But, but but... WIIM said that Mantha is better, so there's no debate...

Hey man, you asked for a list. I also find it funny that you laugh at WiiM when I see some obviousl similarities between you guys. 

There is no debate. 

The new debate is Larkin vs Hronek.