• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Dylan Larkin Is Soft

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, 13dangledangle said:

Considering how far ahead we have to look to see ourselves competing again, trade anyone whos over 20 that can get us great picks.  Stock pile as many as we can and build.  Out of Larkin, Mantha and Bert the only one Id actually miss is Bert. 

I put myself in that lockerroom and think who I'd be looking to, and it'd be Bertuzzi. All swagger, all moxy, no stick slamming. Absolutely fearless leader great attitude guy.

The only players on the roster I have any affinity towards at this point are Bertuzzi, Seider, Ehn, Glendening and Hronek. Everyone else is trade-able to me.

What do all those players have in common? They all work their balls off every night and play their given roles extremely well. I think those are foundations you can build around. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

"They're the 3 best players on the team"

I hear "The only 3 players with value"

Mantha is gonna be walking out on this team for nothing in UFA in 4 years when the team is still rebuilding, and we'll be up s***s creek. It's an all too clear possibility given how much work needs to be done and how much ammo Yzerman currently has...

I'm the one doing Yzerman the favor here. I'm saying f*** Holland's players and core, trade em' and build your own.

Hi my name's Tyler Bertuzzi (25), Anthony Mantha (26), and Dylan Larkin (24). I'm entering the prime of my career on the newly crowned worst team in the league. Do you know how I'd like to spend my prime production and earning potential years? Wallowing in the mud with the rebuilding Detroit Red Wings. I just love wasting my talent and leaving dollars on the table to play with a bad team in a bad city.

These players want to be on winning teams, I want draft picks and prospects.

It's almost like there's a clear solution to that condrum there... somewhere... can't put my finger on it.

Actually, these guys would all still be IN their primes for another 4 or 5 years. If we have 2 or 3 more good drafts, that would push into being competitors before their prime runs out. Then you trade them for picks and replace them thru the draft without having to tank again. If you want to be another Buffalo, that's fine. I don't. If you want to trade Larkins for Svechnikovs. Be my guest. I fail to see how that makes this team better.

2 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

Considering how far ahead we have to look to see ourselves competing again, trade anyone whos over 20 that can get us great picks.  Stock pile as many as we can and build.  Out of Larkin, Mantha and Bert the only one Id actually miss is Bert. 

This how you end up in a permanent rebuild.

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Actually, these guys would all still be IN their primes for another 4 or 5 years. If we have 2 or 3 more good drafts, that would push into being competitors before their prime runs out. Then you trade them for picks and replace them thru the draft without having to tank again. If you want to be another Buffalo, that's fine. I don't. If you want to trade Larkins for Svechnikovs. Be my guest. I fail to see how that makes this team better.

This how you end up in a permanent rebuild.

I would normally agree but at this stage I just can't see a situation where we would benefit from a 28 year old Larkin or a 30 year old Mantha more so than what we could get for their return right now.  Unless of course it doesn't take 4-5 years to turn this around

*edit for spelling and sh*t

Edited by 13dangledangle

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This team has many years of rebuilding to do. I love the hopefulness, but it's neither realistic or useful.

In 4-5 years we can have a 30+ Mantha on the roster, or a 20-24 year old impact player coming online. Guess which I prefer.

2 or 3 more good drafts? U do realize Yzerman has been absolutely awful at drafting high-end talent?

Brett Connolly, Slater Koekkoek, Johnathan Drouin. All his top 10 picks are garbage unless you consider Seider, who hasn't played an NHL game yet.

I'm trying to build a dynasty, not some lol fun times we made the playoffs which is cool i guess team

4 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

I would normally agree but at this stage I just can't see a situation is where we would benefit from a 28 year old Larkin or a 30 year old Mantha more so than what we could get for their return right now.  Unless of course it doesn't take 4-5 years to turn this around

You could still easily get a 1st+ back for a 30 year old Mantha or Larkin. Ideally, you've drafted well enough that you've still got other guys to fill in that top 6 when you do. 

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This team has many years of rebuilding to do. I love the hopefulness, but it's neither realistic or useful.

In 4-5 years we can have a 30+ Mantha on the roster, or a 20-24 year old impact player coming online. Guess which I prefer.

2 or 3 more good drafts? U do realize Yzerman has been absolutely awful at drafting high-end talent?

Brett Connolly, Slater Koekkoek, Johnathan Drouin. All his top 10 picks are garbage unless you consider Seider, who hasn't played an NHL game yet.

I'm trying to build a dynasty, not some lol fun times we made the playoffs which is cool i guess team

You can't build a dynasty if keep trading away all of your young talent.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You could still easily get a 1st+ back for a 30 year old Mantha or Larkin. Ideally, you've drafted well enough that you've still got other guys to fill in that top 6 when you do.

In the future your assets will be worth less, that's the time to sell them. You're not this stupid.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You can't build a dynasty if keep trading away all of your young talent.

Literally how you build a dynasty these days is by acquiring top tier building blocks. How do you most reliably get those? The draft. How do you get more draft picks? Trade away your players.

Your essential players you love so much like Larkin literally just shat on your chest this season and u guys want to double down. Lmao. It's pathetic. Loser lose. Winners win. Keep building around your half-assed players, THATS what Buffalo and Edmonton did.

54 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

In the future your assets will be worth less, that's the time to sell them. You're not this stupid.

Literally how you build a dynasty these days is by acquiring top tier building blocks. How do you most reliably get those? The draft. How do you get more draft picks? Trade away your players.

Your essential players you love so much like Larkin literally just shat on your chest this season and u guys want to double down. Lmao. It's pathetic. Loser lose. Winners win. Keep building around your half-assed players, THATS what Buffalo and Edmonton did.

This is my train of thought right now.  Theres simply no way Larkin or Mantha are going to pan out the way we need them to.  IF we aquire Lafreniere and that's a huge if, I think it would be in our best interest to trade these two for picks or both for one elite prospect to a win now team.  This way Alexis (again IF we get him) can get a couple seasons under his belt helping his development as we are drafting back up for him and the Veleno's, Zadinas, Rasmussen's & Seiders continue their development with the big club as well.  To me this makes sense as having our core shifted to the young ones, aging useful UFAs are always available.  Trade to build, because right now we don't have sh*t to work with

I would normally agree but at this stage I just can't see a situation where we would benefit from a 28 year old Larkin or a 30 year old Mantha more so than what we could get for their return right now.  Unless of course it doesn't take 4-5 years to turn this around

*edit for spelling and sh*t

St Louis says "hi"

We unfortunately don't have a Pietrangelo or an O'Reilly, or a Tarasenko or a Binnington...Actually whats your point because Im confused?

The plus 28 group did the heavy lifting for that team. How long has Alex Steen been a Blue? For ******* ever. There is value in hanging on to some players. 

Anyway this conversation has entered a 4th dimension of redundancy. No one knows how this is going to play out. 

3 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

We unfortunately don't have a Pietrangelo or an O'Reilly, or a Tarasenko or a Binnington...Actually whats your point because Im confused?

Not yet, nope, but Seider could be a Pietrangelo. Larkin could be an O'Reilly. Zadina could be a Tarasenko. Petruzzelli could be a Binnington. etc, etc...

Keep in mind that none of the players you mentioned were any further ahead in their development at the same age as the players I mention...

Point is, it would be beyond dumb to trade away any of our current core at this point, unless a team is willing to massively overpay. It's not going to happen.

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The plus 28 group did the heavy lifting for that team. How long has Alex Steen been a Blue? For ******* ever. There is value in hanging on to some players. 

Anyway this conversation has entered a 4th dimension of redundancy. No one knows how this is going to play out. 

Your grand idea is to invoke Alexander Steen? Lol

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Not yet, nope, but Seider could be a Pietrangelo. Larkin could be an O'Reilly. Zadina could be a Tarasenko. Petruzzelli could be a Binnington. etc, etc...

Keep in mind that none of the players you mentioned were any further ahead in their development at the same age as the players I mention...

Point is, it would be beyond dumb to trade away any of our current core at this point, unless a team is willing to massively overpay. It's not going to happen.

s*** if we have all these great building blocks already, why aren't we winning?

Ya'll are beyond delusional. Larkin is ROR, Zadina is Tarasenko, lol it's laughable, it's cringe-worthy.

You're the fan of sucky team, get used to it.These players suck ass. Quit lying to yourself and the fans.

8 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

This is my train of thought right now.  Theres simply no way Larkin or Mantha are going to pan out the way we need them to.  IF we aquire Lafreniere and that's a huge if, I think it would be in our best interest to trade these two for picks or both for one elite prospect to a win now team.  This way Alexis (again IF we get him) can get a couple seasons under his belt helping his development as we are drafting back up for him and the Veleno's, Zadinas, Rasmussen's & Seiders continue their development with the big club as well.  To me this makes sense as having our core shifted to the young ones, aging useful UFAs are always available.  Trade to build, because right now we don't have sh*t to work with

100% big dog I'm with you. Ready to move to the Veleno's and Rasmussens of the world. These retards think Larkin is the next Pavel Datsyuk. Talk about low standards. It's disgusting.

The purge is coming despite their moaning and whining

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Your grand idea is to invoke Alexander Steen? Lol

Exactly. 34 goal season in his prime. Plenty of 20+ goal seasons. Comparable numbers fo Bert, Mantha, and Larkin. 

And it's a little lizard-brained to think that having a veteran like that didn't help the Blues. 

Also, I have no grand ideas. My two posts vs your 20 posts? Lol GFed. 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

s*** if we have all these great building blocks already, why aren't we winning?

Probably because only one of the players I mentioned is currently on the team...

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ya'll are beyond delusional. Larkin is ROR, Zadina is Tarasenko, lol it's laughable, it's cringe-worthy.

My point is that we have a lot of young talent, that could be impact players in the not too distant future. And like I said, not a single one of those STL players mentioned were any further ahead at the same age of the DET players I mentioned...

Dylan Larkin (up until age 23 season)
389 GP - 107 G - 159 A - 266 PTS - 0.684 PTS/G

Ryan O'Reilly (up until age 23 season)
345 GP - 73 G - 118 A - 191 PTS - 0.554 PTS/G

Filip Zadina (up until age 20 season)
37 GP - 9 G - 9 A - 18 PTS - 0.486 PTS/G

Vladimir Tarasenko (up until age 20 season)
0 GP - 0 G - 0 A - 0 PTS - 0.000 PTS/G
*** Vladimir Tarasenko (up until age 21 season)
38 GP - 8 G - 11 A - 19 PTS - 0.500 PTS/G ***

Alex Pietrangelo (age 18/19 season)
AHL - 1 GP - 0 G - 0 A - 0 PTS - 0.000 PTS/G
NHL - 8 GP - 0 G - 1 A - 1 PTS - 0.125 PTS/G
*** spent most of the season in the OHL ***

Moritz Seider (age 18 season)
AHL - 49 GP - 2 G - 20 A - 22 PTS - 0.449 PTS/G

No one would be at all delusional to think that any of those DET players could possibly become as good as any of those STL players.

You've become the most cringe-worthy poster here of late. I'm not sure if all the losing has permanently f***ed you, or COVID-19 has done the job. Either way it's unbearable...

You're the fan of sucky team, get used to it.These players suck ass. Quit lying to yourself and the fans.

The team sucks does not equal every player on the teams sucks...

100% big dog I'm with you. Ready to move to the Veleno's and Rasmussens of the world. These retards think Larkin is the next Pavel Datsyuk. Talk about low standards. It's disgusting.

The purge is coming despite their moaning and whining

Yes, because "the Veleno's and Rasmussen's of the world" are so much better than the Larkin's and Mantha's of the world... You're trolling, and I'm taking the bait.

The only one "moaning and whining" here is YOU... "This team sux". "Trade everyone" "Boo-F***ing-Hoo"...

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Exactly. 34 goal season in his prime. Plenty of 20+ goal seasons. Comparable numbers fo Bert, Mantha, and Larkin. 

And it's a little lizard-brained to think that having a veteran like that didn't help the Blues. 

Also, I have no grand ideas. My two posts vs your 20 posts? Lol GFed. 

5 pts in 26 games. Heavy lifting

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Probably because only one of the players I mentioned is currently on the team...

Zadina isn't on the team now?

My point is that we have a lot of young talent, that could be impact players in the not too distant future. And like I said, not a single one of those STL players mentioned were any further ahead at the same age of the DET players I mentioned...

No one would be at all delusional to think that any of those DET players could possibly become as good as any of those STL players.

You've become the most cringe-worthy poster here of late. I'm not sure if all the losing has permanently f***ed you, or COVID-19 has done the job. Either way it's unbearable...

Yes, because "the Veleno's and Rasmussen's of the world" are so much better than the Larkin's and Mantha's of the world... You're trolling, and I'm taking the bait.

The only one "moaning and whining" here is YOU... "This team sux". "Trade everyone" "Boo-F***ing-Hoo"...

Your response to having the worst team in Red Wings history is we're probably the next St Louis Blues (current champions).

But yeah I'm delusional and cringe-worthy lol

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Fun fact: Swap ROR, Tarasenko, and Pietrangelo for Larkin, Zadina, and Seider, and the Wings are still a bottom 10 team. 

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Zadina isn't on the team now?

On the roster? Yes. He was injured though, and also played less than half the games this season, as a 20 year old, on the worst team in the NHL...

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Your response to having the worst team in Red Wings history is we're probably the next St Louis Blues (current champions).

But yeah I'm delusional and cringe-worthy lol

What the f*** are you talking about? I never even brought up the Blues, let alone said "we're probably the next St. Louis Blues"... I'm simply comparing players (at the same age), that someone else brought up...

And yes, you are delusional and very cringe-worthy lately. I'm not sure what's worse, your dumb takes on the Red Wings, or going on and on for pages about guns...

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Fun fact: Swap ROR, Tarasenko, and Pietrangelo for Larkin, Zadina, and Seider, and the Wings are still a bottom 10 team. 

Absolutely. What's your point though? It's not just about those few players. We have many other players coming as well. We also have a top pick coming that will likely be better than any player currently on the Red Wings or Blues...

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

On the roster? Yes. He was injured though, and also played less than half the games this season, as a 20 year old, on the worst team in the NHL...

What the f*** are you talking about? I never even brought up the Blues, let alone said "we're probably the next St. Louis Blues"... I'm simply comparing players (at the same age), that someone else brought up...

And yes, you are delusional and very cringe-worthy lately. I'm not sure what's worse, your dumb takes on the Red Wings, or going on and on for pages about guns...

Absolutely. What's your point though? It's not just about those few players. We have many other players coming as well. We also have a top pick coming that will likely be better than any player currently on the Red Wings or Blues...

My point was mostly in agreement with what you said, while putting things into perspective for others. The three guys we have are young and still growing. The three guys the Blues have are in their prime years. And that the big issue with the Wings is most everyone else on the roster. And that IF the three Wings players in question turn out to be anywhere in the realm of these St. Louis counterparts, we'll be in quite good shape considering the next couple drafts will likely net us first rounders that'll be even better than anyone we have now. 

12 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

My point was mostly in agreement with what you said, while putting things into perspective for others. The three guys we have are young and still growing. The three guys the Blues have are in their prime years. And that the big issue with the Wings is most everyone else on the roster. And that IF the three Wings players in question turn out to be anywhere in the realm of these St. Louis counterparts, we'll be in quite good shape considering the next couple drafts will likely net us first rounders that'll be even better than anyone we have now. 

Exactly. And while all three might not reach that sort of ceiling, I think it's very reasonable to expect two to get there, or at least close. 

Why are we disrespecting guns now?

54 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Dooood

Brendan Smith is shaping up to look like the next Pietrangelo
Jakub Kindl could be our Parayko
Cory Emmerton could be a Tyler Bozak type
McCollum could be our Binnington
Nic Jensen is a pretty steady defender, a lot like Jay Bouwmeester at the same age
Tomas Jurco is filthy with the puck, could be our Tarasenko or at least come close
Riley Sheahan is built like Brayden Schenn, just sayin...
Sproul and Ouellet? Like two more Vince Dunn's right there
Have you seen Frk and Pulkinen's shots? Tarasenko light I'm thinking

And with the high draft picks we have coming our way the Red Wings might actually be BETTER than the championship Blues... thank about that one.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dooood

Brendan Smith is shaping up to look like the next Pietrangelo
Jakub Kindl could be our Parayko
Cory Emmerton could be a Tyler Bozak type
McCollum could be our Binnington
Nic Jensen is a pretty steady defender, a lot like Jay Bouwmeester at the same age
Tomas Jurco is filthy with the puck, could be our Tarasenko or at least come close
Riley Sheahan is built like Brayden Schenn, just sayin...
Sproul and Ouellet? Like two more Vince Dunn's right there
Have you seen Frk and Pulkinen's shots? Tarasenko light I'm thinking

And with the high draft picks we have coming our way the Red Wings might actually be BETTER than the championship Blues... thank about that one.

Nice troll job... Again, I never said anything about the Red Wings being "BETTER than the championship Blues"...