• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Euro_Twins

2020 Free Agency

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

seen on twitter yzerman asked for a 1st and glass , love stevie and i know you gotta shoot for the stars but come on lol ... id gladly take say a 2021 1st and 2022 2nd to flip him ... f*** id tell them send me the 1st and we’ll flip him for more assets , your reward is freeing salary

Reputable source? Or just some random talking s***? I'd take Fleury, and Cody Glass and even throw in a 2nd round pick going back the other way... I find it very hard to believe that Yzerman asked for a 1st round pick AND Cody Glass...

51 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Worst kept secret

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Reputable source? Or just some random talking s***? I'd take Fleury, and Cody Glass and even throw in a 2nd round pick going back the other way... I find it very hard to believe that Yzerman asked for a 1st round pick AND Cody Glass...

Ummm id have to search on twitter ... doubt vegas would trade glass they need to keep some prospects lol

Ya probably bs , again cant imagine that ever happening

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you're alone on that assessment. Gagner is a better overall player than Nielsen, he brings a much needed dimension (right-handed shot), that few others bring, he's five years younger, about $4M cheaper... I'm honestly struggling to find one reason you'd prefer Nielsen over Gagner... Shootouts? That's about it, and even then, not that either would be in my top five go-to in the shootout, but I'd throw Gagner out there before Nielsen... Nielsen flat out sucks. One of the worst players in the league, on one of the worst contracts in the league...

Yes. Shootouts are the only criteria I use. C'mon. Seriously? Compare the numbers.

Over the past 4 seasons, Nielsen has been better in every statistical category I can find except for +/-.

If you're asking who the better VALUE is, it's Gagner, hands down. But who's the better PLAYER? It's still Nielsen.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I like the signings Yzerman has made. We might actually win a couple games next season.

"Couple" being the key word here.

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Worst kept secret

Ummm id have to search on twitter ... doubt vegas would trade glass they need to keep some prospects lol

Ya probably bs , again cant imagine that ever happening

Is Pietrangelo really worth giving up Fleury, a 1st and a prospect?

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes. Shootouts are the only criteria I use. C'mon. Seriously? Compare the numbers.

Over the past 4 seasons, Nielsen has been better in every statistical category I can find except for +/-.

If you're asking who the better VALUE is, it's Gagner, hands down. But who's the better PLAYER? It's still Nielsen.

Well I don't know what criteria you are using, because Gagner is flat out the better player. Just last season, Nielsen scored at a 0.15 points per game clip, while Gagner was slightly over double that, at 0.31 points per game...

Nielsen sucks. He's a borderline NHL player on an awful contract. Gagner looked good enough in his short stint last season to get another contract, granted low term and AAV, but more than what Nielsen would get at this point in his career. I can't believe this is even a conversation...

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Well I don't know what criteria you are using, because Gagner is flat out the better player. Just last season, Nielsen scored at a 0.15 points per game clip, while Gagner was slightly over double that, at 0.31 points per game...

Nielsen sucks. He's a borderline NHL player on an awful contract. Gagner looked good enough in his short stint last season to get another contract, granted low term and AAV, but more than what Nielsen would get at this point in his career. I can't believe this is even a conversation...

So we would both take Gagner at just under a mil over Nielsen at whatever god awful salary he's making. Cool. We disagree over who we would choose at the same salary. Whatever. You've hated the Nielsen signing since before the ink was dry, so I'm not surprised.

Not interested in being your huckleberry. That's kip's and CRL's job.

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Attach Cody Glass to MAF and they can have any center prospect we have back. Then we flip Fleury 50% retained for a second. 

The problem is, what do you do with Greiss and Bernier if Fleury cant be traded for awhile, maybe even TDL.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So we would both take Gagner at just under a mil over Nielsen at whatever god awful salary he's making. Cool. We disagree over who we would choose at the same salary. Whatever. Not interested in being your huckleberry. That's kip's and CRL's job.

The problem is, what do you do with Greiss and Bernier if Fleury cant be traded for awhile, maybe even TDL.

A deal to flip him would have to be in place already. I doubt Fleury would allow a trade here otherwise. We would just act as the middleman taking on cap hit. 

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Attach Cody Glass to MAF and they can have any center prospect we have back. Then we flip Fleury 50% retained for a second. 

I'd hate to lose Veleno, but I think I'd have to pull the trigger on that.

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So we would both take Gagner at just under a mil over Nielsen at whatever god awful salary he's making. Cool. We disagree over who we would choose at the same salary. Whatever. Not interested in being your huckleberry. That's kip's and CRL's job.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single knowledgable hockey fan that would agree with you that Nielsen is better than Gagner, regardless of contract.

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

A deal to flip him would have to be in place already. I doubt Fleury would allow a trade here otherwise. We would just act as the middleman taking on cap hit. 

Idk. 3 ways are pretty rare. In hockey, that is.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd hate to lose Veleno, but I think I'd have to pull the trigger on that.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single knowledgable hockey fan that would agree with you that Nielsen is better than Gagner, regardless of contract.

I don't. Pretty sure Holland would agree.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Idk. 3 ways are pretty rare. In hockey, that is.

I don't. Pretty sure Holland would agree.

They are a unicorn in my world.

But here’s hoping this is a tricky enough offseason for GMs that something like this could happen. Carolina or Chicago could be options. 

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I thought he was headed for Winnipeg...

Guess not lol , probably cause florida are f***en dumb enough not to ask for assets

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Wouldnt give up that much to sign him personally.

Thats cool , alot of teams would . I suspect he wont be getting as much as other places due to lesser taxes ... if i had to guess itll be 8-8.5 with no movement clause of some kind