• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Danny Dekyser WAIVED

Rate this topic

I expected him to clear based on Bashill's comments from this article 

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2021/02/red-wings-danny-dekeyser-clears-waivers-as-recovery-process-continues.html

“I think Danny is making progress from a strength standpoint,” Blashill said. “I think he’s making progress in getting a little more power out of his leg and hopefully he can get closer to 100 percent where he can be the type of player he has been throughout his NHL career. Right now, he’s playing at way less than 100 percent, practicing at way less than 100 percent. We’re just hoping to get him fully healed here and the sooner the better.”

51 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I expected him to clear based on Bashill's comments from this article 

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2021/02/red-wings-danny-dekeyser-clears-waivers-as-recovery-process-continues.html

“I think Danny is making progress from a strength standpoint,” Blashill said. “I think he’s making progress in getting a little more power out of his leg and hopefully he can get closer to 100 percent where he can be the type of player he has been throughout his NHL career. Right now, he’s playing at way less than 100 percent, practicing at way less than 100 percent. We’re just hoping to get him fully healed here and the sooner the better.”

Not a good sign. At this point I would say the likelihood he returns to form is very low. If your legs arent 100%, that's a death nail for a guy that wasnt a great skater to begin with.

On 2/15/2021 at 11:02 AM, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Have a feeling that DDKs days are numbered in Detroit, There were rumors of both New Jersey and Philly having interest in him. Maybe a deal around DeKeyser for Gostisbehere.

Ghost would be a nice addition.

I'll say it again. Is anyone really surprised? Danny Dekeyser is an awful Dman. He's always been an awful Dman. His career average is 22.5 pts a season. He's thin as a rail and doesn't play physical. He's not fast on his feet. His actual positioning in the defensive zone is on par with Kyle Quincey. And he makes $5 million a season...

I watch the drum beating to get guys like Ericsson and Quincey off this team for years, but what flabbergasts me is how guys like DK can skate completely under the radar of fans. If you didn't like E or Q, you shouldn't be sparing DK...

Now with this back injury and his leg being crippled it's over for him. He's gone from bottom pairing quality to completely useless. Good riddance. I will enjoy seeing that cap hit gone from the roster and hopefully we can leave him on LTIR for the remainder of his career.

17 minutes ago, Gniwder said:

I'll say it again. Is anyone really surprised? Danny Dekeyser is an awful Dman. He's always been an awful Dman. His career average is 22.5 pts a season. He's thin as a rail and doesn't play physical. He's not fast on his feet. His actual positioning in the defensive zone is on par with Kyle Quincey. And he makes $5 million a season...

I watch the drum beating to get guys like Ericsson and Quincey off this team for years, but what flabbergasts me is how guys like DK can skate completely under the radar of fans. If you didn't like E or Q, you shouldn't be sparing DK...

Now with this back injury and his leg being crippled it's over for him. He's gone from bottom pairing quality to completely useless. Good riddance. I will enjoy seeing that cap hit gone from the roster and hopefully we can leave him on LTIR for the remainder of his career.

ouch.