• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

2022 TDL

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. The Ukrainians changed it in 1995 from "Kiev" to "Kyiv" to further assert a separate identity from Russia.

2. I see you believe in the Anti-Normanist history. It's a good theory, but wrong. 

1. Cringe comp material

2. Nazi propaganda pushed during the 1940s. Slavonic peoples on the steppe predate Ruriks presence there. The varangians may have held political and marshal authority for sometime. But the region was already sarmatian for centuries. It's like saying Iberia wasn't visigothic because the Uymayads held power. 

On 2/23/2022 at 6:47 PM, kipwinger said:

I'd argue that we should accumulate as many picks as humanly possible for the draft this year. A whole bunch of pretty good OHL (and Euro minor league players too) kids didn't get selected last year because they hadn't played in a year and teams weren't able to scout them properly. There are gonna be a ton of pretty good overagers this year on top of the first year draft eligible kids. The more 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks you have the more shots you get a guys like Linus Sjodin (my darkhorse candidate), in the middle and later rounds.

As such I'd honestly trade Namestnikov for a 3rd and a 4th (or something like that). Same with Leddy, Greiss, and whomever else.

Think about this, we got Carter Mazur with a 3rd last year. Red Savage with a 4th. And Dower Nilsson with a 5th. Those are really good players at those draft positions. This year will be no different. Stack them picks.

Man, this aged like fine wine. With Mazur, Lombardi, and Buchelnikov ripping it up in their respective leagues one has to wonder why I'm not already an NHL front office executive.