• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

2022 TDL

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

An 8 year deal would mean that Yzerman is still paying 7-8 mil per season to Lindholm when all of Raymond, Seider, Edvinsson, and potentially, the 2022 1st rounder reach UFA status. That wasted payroll/cap hit for a 35-36 year old Lindholm will lead to cap issues and potentially losing good players.

This is the most bizarre take. "I don't want good players cause I might have good players in the future". Edvinsson is 3 seasons away from his first non ELC contract. Soderblom and others are much farther from significant money. Our cap/contract situation is beyond lean. We can afford more than one one Lindholm on a 7 year. 

If you wanna tank just say so so we can have an honest discussion. 

The Dadanov trade was reverted. Vegas is f***ed when their injured return. I'd take Hague and Dadanov (assuming we not on his 10 team no no list). He'd have to sit for the rest of the season, but that's a solid, young LHD option.

Edited by marcaractac

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

why would u want to trade your 3rd best defenseman on a stacked defense on a cup contending team?  Imagine looking to move Rafalski in 2008.  Why would u do that?

Would he be 3rd best when he's 35/36? Depending on prospect development, he could be 3rd pairing then.

5 hours ago, bIueadams said:

This is the most bizarre take. "I don't want good players cause I might have good players in the future". Edvinsson is 3 seasons away from his first non ELC contract. Soderblom and others are much farther from significant money. Our cap/contract situation is beyond lean. We can afford more than one one Lindholm on a 7 year. 

This team isn't tanking without Lindholm. They are getting better.

There's some good looking dmen in the pipeline not named Seider or Edvinsson. If even one of them reaches top 4 potential, you dont need Lindholm. You will have a younger player at half the price without using any assets to get them.

If none of them work out, then in a couple of seasons, you can go out and acquire another Lindholm.

Why rush to get a player that you may not need and can get later anyway? I don't get it.

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This team isn't tanking without Lindholm. They are getting better.

There's some good looking dmen in the pipeline not named Seider or Edvinsson. If even one of them reaches top 4 potential, you dont need Lindholm. You will have a younger player at half the price without using any assets to get them.

If none of them work out, then in a couple of seasons, you can go out and acquire another Lindholm.

Why rush to get a player that you may not need and can get later anyway? I don't get it.

Right, you wanna tank. At least we're being honest now instead of hiding behind this facade that we can't afford a Lindholm. 

I care more about Seider and Raymond than any future players. Seider is superstar. Give him a legit partner or you're literally just wasting him. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Right, you wanna tank. At least we're being honest now instead of hiding behind this facade that we can't afford a Lindholm. 

I care more about Seider and Raymond than any future players. Seider is superstar. Give him a legit partner or you're literally just wasting him. 

Team with Lindholm: not tanking

Team without Lindholm: not tanking

Lindholm makes zero difference in regards to "tanking".

This team was already significantly improving from last season without adding Lindholm. How would not adding him now change that?

With Seider, I would rather sign a past-his-prime Edler or Goligoski to pair with him for a season or 2, then pair him with Edvinsson, Johannson, Wallinder, etc when they're ready.

More cap space to bring in better players when the team is a contender. 

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

AND exactly ZERO NHL games played so far.  I could add a lot of extra points to this conversation to make a strong case against the following Salary chart in 2027:

Seider 9 mil

Edvinsson 9 mil

Raymond 9 mil

Larkin 9 mil

Vrana 9 mil

Betuzzi 7 mil

I just cant believe that I have to.  It's like I said before - stingiest fantasy GMs Ive ever seen.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Would he be 3rd best when he's 35/36? Depending on prospect development, he could be 3rd pairing then.

Or could be 1st best by then.  Why are you assuming hes on the decline at age 27/28?  Very strange.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

I think we are a lot closer to being a playoff team than people realize.

14 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

AND exactly ZERO NHL games played so far.  I could add a lot of extra points to this conversation to make a strong case against the following Salary chart in 2027:

Seider 9 mil

Edvinsson 9 mil

Raymond 9 mil

Larkin 9 mil

Vrana 9 mil

Betuzzi 7 mil

I just cant believe that I have to.  It's like I said before - stingiest fantasy GMs Ive ever seen.

Or could be 1st best by then.  Why are you assuming hes on the decline at age 27/28?  Very strange.

Larkin will sign an 8year $56.8m contract extension and we will go from there.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Team with Lindholm: not tanking

Team without Lindholm: not tanking

Lindholm makes zero difference in regards to "tanking".

This team was already significantly improving from last season without adding Lindholm. How would not adding him now change that?

With Seider, I would rather sign a past-his-prime Edler or Goligoski to pair with him for a season or 2, then pair him with Edvinsson, Johannson, Wallinder, etc when they're ready.

More cap space to bring in better players when the team is a contender. 

>Like Scott said, better let Larkin walk then

This is honestly r-slurred.

Lindholm improves this team in a big way and we can more then afford him,. Doesn't stop us from signing anyone. When did you become jewish?

6 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Lindholm improves this team in a big way and we can more then afford him,. Doesn't stop us from signing anyone. When did you become jewish?

fantasy jewish!  thats the best part.  Its like landing on boardwalk first time around the board with $1,200 and passing because youre contemplating if you will be able to build a house on Marvin Gardins in 6 more trips around the board after you've acquired Atlantic and Ventnor, while playing against 3 other people.

14 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

fantasy jewish!  thats the best part.  Its like landing on boardwalk first time around the board with $1,200 and passing because youre contemplating if you will be able to build a house on Marvin Gardins in 6 more trips around the board after you've acquired Atlantic and Ventnor, while playing against 3 other people.

This guy cuts (his penis)

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Seider 9 mil

Edvinsson 9 mil

Raymond 9 mil

Larkin 9 mil

Vrana 9 mil

Betuzzi 7 mil

He's 28 now. An 8 year contract expires when he is 36. If have yet to see a player that has not declined between 28 and 36. There is a good chance that a 35/36 year old Lindholm would be passed up on the depth chart by quite a few dmen by then.

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Lindholm improves this team now. We need guys who will improve this team 3 years from now and for another several years beyond that. Lindholm will be declining at the exact time this team is contending and needs 28 year old Lindholms, not mid 30's Lindholms.

Let Larkin walk? A guy who is 3 years younger, captain of the team, and plays a position of need? In favor of an older dman who is much easier to replace thru prospects and free agency? Huh?

14 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lindholm improves this team now. We need guys who will improve this team 3 years from now and for another several years beyond that. Lindholm will be declining at the exact time this team is contending and needs 28 year old Lindholms, not mid 30's Lindholms.

Let Larkin walk? A guy who is 3 years younger, captain of the team, and plays a position of need? In favor of an older dman who is much easier to replace thru prospects and free agency? Huh?

You must be high

We can't even offer an 8 year contract. You don't know how UFA works, much like Marc. Leave the big thinking to the big boys. 

You completely misunderstand or misrepresent Scott's take on Larkin. You're like dealing with a child. Step it up boomer. 

11 hours ago, bIueadams said:

You must be high

We can't even offer an 8 year contract. You don't know how UFA works, much like Marc. Leave the big thinking to the big boys. 

You completely misunderstand or misrepresent Scott's take on Larkin. You're like dealing with a child. Step it up boomer. 

Haven't you heard? Jonas wanted to give up assets to trade for Lindholm first. Because that's what rebuilding teams do apparently. 

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

According to Marc, we will be cap strapped if we do that.  Better let him walk.

What is it like having someone live in your head rent-free?

54 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Haven't you heard? Jonas wanted to give up assets to trade for Lindholm first. Because that's what rebuilding teams do apparently. 

What is it like having someone live in your head rent-free?

Youre right, Marc.  Cant give up any assets.  We are probably going to move to a 2-3-1 system to accommodate all our defensemen prospects.

Larkin-Raymond

Veleno-Bertuzzi

Vrana-Zadina

Rasmussen-Berggren

Edvinsson-Sebrango-Seider

Johansson-McIssac-Hronek

Wallinder-Buium-Lindstrom

Viro

Ned

Cossa

27 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Youre right, Marc.  Cant give up any assets.  We are probably going to move to a 2-3-1 system to accommodate all our defensemen prospects.

Larkin-Raymond

Veleno-Bertuzzi

Vrana-Zadina

Rasmussen-Berggren

Edvinsson-Sebrango-Seider

Johansson-McIssac-Hronek

Wallinder-Buium-Lindstrom

Viro

Ned

Cossa

Assets can be moved. But trading top 10 first-round draft picks during a rebuild is idiotic. That is something you straight up recommended. Learn how rebuilds work.

9 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Assets can be moved. But trading top 10 first-round draft picks during a rebuild is idiotic. That is something you straight up recommended. Learn how rebuilds work.

If we were going to get Lindholm, Chychrun, or Forsberg, that would have been the ask.  For me, I would have liked to see us deal our 2022 pick for Lindholm or Forsberg at the TDL.  That would have done a couple things - A) give us a great player to fill a hole for 8 years, and B) push the team to win.  Now we're stuck in a situation where it's better for us to lose, and I don't think you want to be in that position if you can avoid it.  I don't want to see a top 10 pick leave our stockpile, but I also understand that drafting #9 isn't the same as drafting #2.  Michael Rasmussen's draft class is a good example of the steep decline in talent level once you get past the first 3-5 picks.  So if we had made our team better at the deadline with Lindholm, Chychrun, or Forsberg, I'd say that we could have pushed for a .500 record by years end and ended up in the 12-16th pick range.  Odds of that pick doing anything special are very low.  But the good news is that we're nearing the end of totally sucking.  Next year, we should be in the fair to pretty good range.  We will be exciting to watch at the very least.

15 hours ago, bIueadams said:

You must be high

https://theathletic.com/news/bruins-sign-hampus-lindholm-to-8-year-extension-1-day-after-acquiring-him-from-ducks/9XKqIsvHmjWY/

If we had acquired Lindholm from Anaheim, we could have signed him to an 8 year deal. That would be the only way we would have a chance to get him.  No way he would have signed as an UFA. There would have been better teams and/or offers.

19 hours ago, ely s said:

Larkin will sign an 8year $56.8m contract extension and we will go from there.

19 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

According to Marc, we will be cap strapped if we do that.  Better let him walk.

16 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

15 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Nope. I didn't.

2 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

If we were going to get Lindholm, Chychrun, or Forsberg, that would have been the ask.  For me, I would have liked to see us deal our 2022 pick for Lindholm or Forsberg at the TDL.  That would have done a couple things - A) give us a great player to fill a hole for 8 years, and B) push the team to win.  Now we're stuck in a situation where it's better for us to lose, and I don't think you want to be in that position if you can avoid it.  I don't want to see a top 10 pick leave our stockpile, but I also understand that drafting #9 isn't the same as drafting #2.  Michael Rasmussen's draft class is a good example of the steep decline in talent level once you get past the first 3-5 picks.  So if we had made our team better at the deadline with Lindholm, Chychrun, or Forsberg, I'd say that we could have pushed for a .500 record by years end and ended up in the 12-16th pick range.  Odds of that pick doing anything special are very low.  But the good news is that we're nearing the end of totally sucking.  Next year, we should be in the fair to pretty good range.  We will be exciting to watch at the very least.

Chychrun would be a way better option than Lindholm or Forsberg. He is a better age for the rebuild, and could be signed to a better deal before he becomes UFA eligible. Those are the kind of players/deals SY should be doing.

This draft is reportedly much deeper than 2017. Trading away any pick in the top 10 would be a huge setback. Supposed to be some elite players at the top of the draft in 2022.

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Considering what SY got with his 3 top 10 picks, I would agree. I expect another elite player this year.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Lindholm, Chychrun, Forsberg. One of these things is not like the others.

You're worried about another Rasmussen. I want to see us get a Zegras or Rossi. The depth of this draft (especially at center) favors the latter.  We can realistically end up with a guy like Savoie in this draft. I take that all day long over a 28-year-old Lindholm.

This is not a team run by Ken Holland, after all. 

Edited by marcaractac