• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Walman6million

Provorov now this?

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Players should be able to opt out with reasonable accomodation. Religious faith being one of them. Finding the visible light spectrum scary being unreasonable. 

And if a player opts out because they're bigoted, is it reasonable for the media to comment on that?

You guys are just proving my point. The issue has become so polarizing that it's basically one the league doesn't want to touch anymore. There is a reason there isn't a Pro-Choice Night or a Pro-Gun night. This has turned into that. I don't blame the league for running from it.

38 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

You guys are just proving my point. The issue has become so polarizing that it's basically one the league doesn't want to touch anymore. There is a reason there isn't a Pro-Choice Night or a Pro-Gun night. This has turned into that. I don't blame the league for running from it.

It wasn't polarizing until a vocal minority of players polarized it. There are roughly 800 players in the NHL and you can only name about five of them who are against participating in Pride Night. 99.9999999999% of players, managers, etc. were perfectly fine with Pride Night last season. This includes the countless other Christian players  (Michael Rasmussen for example) who had no problem wearing rainbow colors one night a year. Roughly five players had a problem with it because they're bigots, but instead of just saying "I don't like g*ys" they make it about their religion (which prohibits THEM from sinning, not others). The most egregious example is Eric Staal, who wore pride jerseys in Montreal, THEN claimed he would hasn't ever worn the jersey and would never do it because he's a Christian. This is demonstrably false and is the reason why people like me think he's just a bigot hiding behind his religion like a cowardly little weasel. Reimer is another example, he's a Jehovah's Witness and they're famously pacifists. So much so that they refused to fight in World War II, objecting to the military on moral grounds. Yet for some reason Reimer isn't opposed to Military Appreciation Night based on his religion. Wonder why that is? It's almost like the religious aspect is just a convenient excuse to sh*t on homosexuals.

Edited by kipwinger

What a great opportunity for players to show genuine support for the LGBTQ instead of just partaking in a marketing ploy. Players refused to wear the warm-up jersey and didn’t get penalized so there should be no problem to use rainbow-tape in spite of the rule. 

This Christian excuse is so transparent and flimsy. According to Christianity Jesus was brutally murdered in order to prove his love and compassion for sinners. Yet dudes like Reimer and Staal can't be bothered to wear a f*cking colored shirt in an effort to follow his example. They're so phony its unbelievable. And it's amazing how many half-assed Christian follow THEIR lead and not HIS because their bigotry trumps their faith on this issue...every...single...time.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

And if a player opts out because they're bigoted, is it reasonable for the media to comment on that?

Yup

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

It wasn't polarizing until a vocal minority of players polarized it. There are roughly 800 players in the NHL and you can only name about five of them who are against participating in Pride Night. 99.9999999999% of players, managers, etc. were perfectly fine with Pride Night last season. This includes the countless other Christian players  (Michael Rasmussen for example) who had no problem wearing rainbow colors one night a year. Roughly five players had a problem with it because they're bigots, but instead of just saying "I don't like g*ys" they make it about their religion (which prohibits THEM from sinning, not others). The most egregious example is Eric Staal, who wore pride jerseys in Montreal, THEN claimed he would hasn't ever worn the jersey and would never do it because he's a Christian. This is demonstrably false and is the reason why people like me think he's just a bigot hiding behind his religion like a cowardly little weasel. Reimer is another example, he's a Jehovah's Witness and they're famously pacifists. So much so that they refused to fight in World War II, objecting to the military on moral grounds. Yet for some reason Reimer isn't opposed to Military Appreciation Night based on his religion. Wonder why that is? It's almost like the religious aspect is just a convenient excuse to sh*t on homosexuals.

Provorov and Reimer didnt polarize a thing. Its reactions like yours that did. How about you just let them have their faith in peace...?

53 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

This Christian excuse is so transparent and flimsy. According to Christianity Jesus was brutally murdered in order to prove his love and compassion for sinners. Yet dudes like Reimer and Staal can't be bothered to wear a f*cking colored shirt in an effort to follow his example. They're so phony its unbelievable. And it's amazing how many half-assed Christian follow THEIR lead and not HIS because their bigotry trumps their faith on this issue...every...single...time.

"I hate christians"

Cool man

Now do muslims

Edited by bIueadams

21 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Yup

Provorov and Reimer didnt polarize a thing. Its reactions like yours that did. How about you just let them have their faith in peace...?

Because their faith isn't peaceful. Everyone is allowed by law to have whatever beliefs they choose. That's their right (and one I fully support). But they have no right to be shielded from public scrutiny for having those beliefs. Especially when one of their central beliefs is "anyone who doesn't think the same things as me is evil and should/will burn in hell for eternity".

Also, public figures making public stands against the status quo are A) absolutely polarizing (that's the whole point), and B) absolutely fair game for public scrutiny. Colin Kaepernick's actions (for example) were totally polarizing, and he was/is 100% justifiably scrutinized for it. Yet for some reason the very same people that want to see Kaepernick's feet held over the fire seem to think any criticism of Reimer, Provorov, or Staal is unfair. All of those dudes could have "gone along to get along". They chose to do something that they knew to be polarizing, in a public forum, and now they're going to have to deal with the fall out. But it's totally naive to think they didn't know that their decisions were going to create public discord...that was the whole point.

Edited by kipwinger

31 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Because their faith isn't peaceful. Everyone is allowed by law to have whatever beliefs they choose. That's their right (and one I fully support). But they have no right to be shielded from public scrutiny for having those beliefs. Especially when one of their central beliefs is "anyone who doesn't think the same things as me is evil and should/will burn in hell for eternity".

Also, public figures making public stands against the status quo are A) absolutely polarizing (that's the whole point), and B) absolutely fair game for public scrutiny. Colin Kaepernick's actions (for example) were totally polarizing, and he was/is 100% justifiably scrutinized for it. Yet for some reason the very same people that want to see Kaepernick's feet held over the fire seem to think any criticism of Reimer, Provorov, or Staal is unfair. All of those dudes could have "gone along to get along". They chose to do something that they knew to be polarizing, in a public forum, and now they're going to have to deal with the fall out. But it's totally naive to think they didn't know that their decisions were going to create public discord...that was the whole point.

Now do muslims and jews

5 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Now do muslims and jews

Wait, are you under the impression that I don't think ALL religious people are violent, brain dead, hate- mongers? You're sadly mistaken. Muslims and Jews are killing each other in Israel RIGHT NOW because all of those religious people are violent, brain dead, hate-mongers too. The idea that religious people are peaceful is absolutely f*cking laughable.

Edited by kipwinger

31 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Wait, are you under the impression that I don't think ALL religious people are violent, brain dead, hate- mongers? You're sadly mistaken. Muslims and Jews are killing each other in Israel RIGHT NOW because all of those religious people are violent, brain dead, hate-mongers too. The idea that religious people are peaceful is absolutely f*cking laughable.

Ha.  Muslims can't kill Jews.  Jews kill Jews who hate Jews, Americans who hate Jews, and Muslims.  The rest is a soap opera on the American tele to get people like kipwinger to spread the same nonsense rhetoric.

39 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah only faqs are cool

24 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

”In this moment I am euphoric”

*tips in your direction*

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

What a great opportunity for players to show genuine support for the LGBTQ instead of just partaking in a marketing ploy. Players refused to wear the warm-up jersey and didn’t get penalized so there should be no problem to use rainbow-tape in spite of the rule. 

Scott Laughton already said he plans on using the tape anyway. 

Whats the league gonna do? Fine him? Thatll just piss off the rainbows even more and make a martyr out of him. 

On 10/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, Akakabuto said:

Because the players that don't use tape will be treated the same way as the players who don't wear jerseys. The league does not want to have it's own Kaepernick situation.

Edited by Axl Foley

Travis Dermott has used pride tape against the rules of the league.

Will the league punish him and confirm their bigoted ways? Or will they look the other way and confirm rainbow privledge exists? Quite a pickle.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The corn rows say "I'm Inclusive"

His ugo girlfriend says "Beard"

It used be you go behind the bleachers after a gym sesh, do a couple bumps and bone, and then you go home to your wives. Now it's all about the rainbow tape and touching kids at target. What happened? I miss when dudes only got the top surgery, changed their name to Beverley, and then did their best to look good in a sundress. Now they whack the weiners right off and post about it on the facebook. No shame.