• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

No Goalies -Kostin Wings vs Flyers Redux

Rate this topic

28 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Listen. In this league the other team is always going to push when down. They have a good team too right? But you can't have your goalies handing out free candy ALL THE PHUKING TIME. 

Please, someone tell me when the last game was this season where we got even above average goaltending. JFC

Yeah. Too clever for me. 

Wrong.  They attempt to go into a defensive shell, and fail epically over and over again.

Just now, mackel said:

Wrong.  They attempt to go into a defensive shell, and fail epically over and over again.

Phuck yer shell. 

Average goaltending wins that game EASY for the Wings. 

Making saves has been this team's biggest issue, I will die on this cross like Reimer's lil buddy did. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

25 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Phuck yer shell. 

Making saves has been this team's biggest issue, I will die on this cross like Reimer's lil buddy did. 

When your goaltending is poor don't attempt a defensive shell you can't execute, causing sustained pressure on your poor goaltending. 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Phuck yer shell. 

Goal-tending has been trash this year, but Lalonde isn't doing anything within the realm of appropriate to cover for that weakness.

For example, when Babs saw his entire defense become complete poopy besides Kronwall (DK, KFQ, Kindl, Smith, Ouellet, and Marchenko rounding out the roster) he appropriately buttoned down the hatches, and it worked. Why? Because he correctly identified that still had superb defensive forwards in his forward group, like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm, Glendening, and others, as well as a decent enough goalie in Howard. So he could go into a low event shell (and play entire games this way), and his forwards and goalie would cover for his terrible D. It sucked for us fans to watch, but it worked and we still managed to make the playoffs.

THIS team is not built at all the same way.

1. We have no Howards - our net is trash
2. The only good shutdown defenders we have are Walman and Seider, and in fact we have multiple purely offensive minded Dmen like Ghost and Petry.
3. We have exactly ZERO stalwart defensive forwards. Our best probably being Compher (And DO NOT tell me Dylan zero Selke votes Larkin is some kind of Zberg or Dats).

What this team does well is SCORE. Dcat, Larkin, Raymond, Kane, Ghost, Seider, Compher, even Walman is hitting the stat sheet like never before in his career. We are not built to back off. If we backoff our terrible goalies get lit up and there's no one to stop that. If Lalonde was intelligent he would have realized this 20 games ago. We HAVE to play a full 60, and we HAVE to go for number 6 and 7 when we are up by 5. It's the only way.

Fuq Derek this guy is trash.

6 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Goal-tending has been trash this year, but Lalonde isn't doing anything within the realm of appropriate to cover for that weakness.

For example, when Babs saw his entire defense become complete poopy besides Kronwall (DK, KFQ, Kindl, Smith, Ouellet, and Marchenko rounding out the roster) he appropriately buttoned down the hatches, and it worked. Why? Because he correctly identified that still had superb defensive forwards in his forward group, like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Helm, Glendening, and others, as well as a decent enough goalie in Howard. So he could go into a low event shell (and play entire games this way), and his forwards and goalie would cover for his terrible D. It sucked for us fans to watch, but it worked and we still managed to make the playoffs.

THIS team is not built at all the same way.

1. We have no Howards - our net is trash
2. The only good shutdown defenders we have are Walman and Seider, and in fact we have multiple purely offensive minded Dmen like Ghost and Petry.
3. We have exactly ZERO stalwart defensive forwards. Our best probably being Compher (And DO NOT tell me Dylan zero Selke votes Larkin is some kind of Zberg or Dats).

What this team does well is SCORE. Dcat, Larkin, Raymond, Kane, Ghost, Seider, Compher, even Walman is hitting the stat sheet like never before in his career. We are not built to back off. If we backoff our terrible goalies get lit up and there's no one to stop that. If Lalonde was intelligent he would have realized this 20 games ago. We HAVE to play a full 60, and we HAVE to go for number 6 and 7 when we are up by 5. It's the only way.

Fuq Derek this guy is trash.

AMEN

11 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Phuck yer shell. 

might agree with you if it was only reimer.  but every goalie we put in is getting lit up.  its our shyte defense, dude.  Yzerman was able to grab these 5 guys for next to nothing for a reason.  They suck.

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Your wish is about to come true

50 goals against in 10 games.  something has to change.