• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Detroit Like Our Teams VS. Las Vegas Maneuvering Cup Chqmps

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If you're going to build a winning team you actually have to build on something. If you strategy every year is to strip the team down to a skeleton and start over next season one day you're going to wake up and Moritz Seider is going to be 26, 27, or 28 without ever having played in meaningful games. There's a huge difference between finishing the season strong (even if they lose in the playoffs) and the team looking forward to next season, and falling apart and kicking the can down the road to next season.

The ONLY thing we accomplished this season was the wins. We didn't bring rookies in to get more experience. We didn't find long term solutions to any of our roster issues. We didn't clear cap for future contract negotiations. But we DID put ourselves in a position to make the playoffs and now management has thrown cold water on that.

If being good and making the playoffs this year wasn't part of the "Yzerplan" they we should have sold. And we certainly shouldn't have acquired dudes like Justin Holl and Jeff Petry. And if making the playoffs this year WAS part of the plan, then Yzerman should have been willing to use a 3rd round pick to shore up our goaltending (for example).

It's clear that the front office had no idea what they wanted to accomplish this season and that in their minds there isn't much of a difference between making the playoffs or just missing (again). And so they did nothing...again...except watch their team get a year older.

finally. Someone who can articulate criticism without sounding unhinged. 

Well Seider and Raymond are playing meaningful game right now. No? 

Could that not have been the plan? 

18 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If you're going to build a winning team you actually have to build on something. If you strategy every year is to strip the team down to a skeleton and start over next season one day you're going to wake up and Moritz Seider is going to be 26, 27, or 28 without ever having played in meaningful games. There's a huge difference between finishing the season strong (even if they lose in the playoffs) and the team looking forward to next season, and falling apart and kicking the can down the road to next season.

The ONLY thing we accomplished this season was the wins. We didn't bring rookies in to get more experience. We didn't find long term solutions to any of our roster issues. We didn't clear cap for future contract negotiations. But we DID put ourselves in a position to make the playoffs and now management has thrown cold water on that.

If being good and making the playoffs this year wasn't part of the "Yzerplan" they we should have sold. And we certainly shouldn't have acquired dudes like Justin Holl and Jeff Petry. And if making the playoffs this year WAS part of the plan, then Yzerman should have been willing to use a 3rd round pick to shore up our goaltending (for example).

It's clear that the front office had no idea what they wanted to accomplish this season and that in their minds there isn't much of a difference between making the playoffs or just missing (again). And so they did nothing...again...except watch their team get a year older.

I absolutely believe in culture building. And if Yzerman had chosen to add, I would've supported the playoff run. But sellng Kostin to aid your AHL squad, is not indicative of that.

If you think adding Berggren is as good as adding foreign NHL talent, then why didn't SY add him sooner? You're regarded and believing the obvious Holland-esque fibs all over again if you buy this shiq. (Speaking in realtive terms here, not directed at you)

I had mad respect for Yzerman last year, when we were close, and he made the executive decision to sell. This year he didn't do that. That's fine, but that means you buy. Doing nothing is the dead mans path.  

That all said, look to our situation this summer, it's going to be letting pieces walk for nothing summer. I could defend signing stop gap vets when they are sale pieces, but now you're just propping up a team that wont win. Dumb. 

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Look how you reign it in now that daddy kip is here and he agrees with me. Good boy. 

Edited by Troy McClure

2 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

I absolutely believe in culture building. And if Yzerman had chosen to add, I would've supported the playoff run. But sellng Kostin to aid your AHL squad, is not indicative of that.

If you think adding Berggren is as good as adding foreign NHL talent, then why didn't SY add him sooner? You're regarded and believing the obvious Holland-esque fibs all over again if you buy this shiq. (Speaking in realtive terms here, not directed at you)

I had mad respect for Yzerman last year, when we were close, and he made the executive decision to sell. This year he didn't do that. That's fine, but that means you buy. Doing nothing is the dead mans path.  

That all said, look to our situation this summer, it's going to be letting pieces walk for nothing summer. I could defend signing stop gap vets when they are sale pieces, but not you're just propping up a team that wont win. Dumb. 

Look how you reign it in now that daddy kip is here and he agrees with me. Good boy. 

Cuz he has my respect. zero troll history bruh. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Cuz he has my respect. zero troll history bruh. 

>zero troll history

You're regarded

You listen to what daddy says cause hes smarter than you and argues the same line. Go play with Scott while the big boys discuss. 

Just now, Troy McClure said:

>zero troll history

You're regarded

You listen to what daddy says cause hes smarter than you and argues the same line. Go play with Scott while the big boys discuss. 

Lol I’m not scared of Kip. he’s just another LGWs tool. But I believe he believes what he says. 

stop projecting your daddy issues onto me just because he’s spanked you half a dozen times. Lol

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Lol I’m not scared of Kip. he’s just another LGWs tool. But I believe he believes what he says. 

stop projecting your daddy issues onto me just because he’s spanked you half a dozen times. Lol

I didn't imply you're scared of Kip. I explicitly said you're dumber than him.

You're scared of me, which is why you won't answer my question or defend your point.

Edited by Troy McClure

25 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

I didn't imply you're scared of Kip. I explicitly said you're dumber than him.

You're scared of me, which is why you won't answer my question or defend your point.

Again, stop projecting

Tell me again how Yzerman gets TWO seconds a few days ago? 

OR since you’ve picked two escape paths

Tell me who he should have bought

say something smart. 

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Again, stop projecting

Tell me again how Yzerman gets TWO seconds a few days ago? 

OR since you’ve picked two escape paths

Tell me who he should have bought

say something smart. 

Asked and answered

Explain to me what we accomplished at this TDL?

It's amazing how many questions of yours I've answered and you still refuse to address this I asked on the last page. Again, just go back to the kids table so Kip and I can talk real perspectives on this. 

Edited by Troy McClure

The only time I think it's defensible to do nothing is if you're coming into the deadline as a juggernaut and you don't really need anything to be competitive. Otherwise you need to be playing to win or building. None of that is applicable to what we just did.

I'd imagine SY would have had a very different response if we were in the exact same position as we are now, but had a bunch of young guys driving the bus instead of Kane, Sprong, Gost, etc. But then that begs the question, how's that possible if you don't give the young guys who are ready (Berggren, Edvinsson, and maaaaybe Mazur) the opporunity. You have to imagine that the whole point of bringing these vets onto the roster was EITHER to trade them or see if they can get you into the playoffs. SY just decided to fold the season but also not trade them.

To me the whole thing just seems directionless. What were the goals going into this season? Im not sure the front office could answer that question easily. Was it to have all the young guys take another step in their development? If so, get them on the roster and get them into prime roles. Why are Seider and Raymond on the second powerplay unit if that's the goal? Why are Veleno and Rasmussen sharing minutes with Copp and Fischer? Why is Maatta on your team at all instead of Edvinsson? Same for Berggren and Sprong. If the point was to make the playoffs then ice the best roster possible, evaluate your team at the deadline and see if that goal is reasonable (it definitely was), and make adjustments to your roster according to your most pressing needs.

I'm not sure what SY was trying to accomplish, but it's starting to seem like accomplishing nothing at all is the most likely outcome here.

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The only time I think it's defensible to do nothing is if you're coming into the deadline as a juggernaut and you don't really need anything to be competitive. Otherwise you need to be playing to win or building. None of that is applicable to what we just did.

I'd imagine SY would have had a very different response if we were in the exact same position as we are now, but had a bunch of young guys driving the bus instead of Kane, Sprong, Gost, etc. But then that begs the question, how's that possible if you don't give the young guys who are ready (Berggren, Edvinsson, and maaaaybe Mazur) the opporunity. You have to imagine that the whole point of bringing these vets onto the roster was EITHER to trade them or see if they can get you into the playoffs. SY just decided to fold the season but also not trade them.

To me the whole thing just seems directionless. What were the goals going into this season? Im not sure the front office could answer that question easily. Was it to have all the young guys take another step in their development? If so, get them on the roster and get them into prime roles. Why are Seider and Raymond on the second powerplay unit if that's the goal? Why are Veleno and Rasmussen sharing minutes with Copp and Fischer? Why is Maatta on your team at all instead of Edvinsson? Same for Berggren and Sprong. If the point was to make the playoffs then ice the best roster possible, evaluate your team at the deadline and see if that goal is reasonable (it definitely was), and make adjustments to your roster according to your most pressing needs.

I'm not sure what SY was trying to accomplish, but it's starting to seem like accomplishing nothing at all is the most likely outcome here.

I had a thought last night that SY views Larkn as the veteran on this team. That Larkin will be the old grizzled vet that finally brings us a cup at 32-35. 

That's 5-8 years of mindless retooling before a cup.

I think obviously this is the most disappointed in Yzerman I have ever had. He has to have real magic up his lseeve this summer or this is going to look like a quagmire. We don;t have enough young pieces on this team to be endlessly hopeful. 

Edited by Troy McClure

51 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Maybe? But sitting in a playoff position through the deadline and then falling apart down the stretch is EXACTLY what happened to this team last year right? So why is our GM content with that outcome again? Worse yet, how is that a goal or an improvement? Also, if SY is okay with getting close but not making it then he should have sold. If his rationale was "the roster is the roster and we win or lose with it", then what does it matter if Berggren is in the lineup instead of Sprong or Edvinsson instead of Gost? Maybe you're marginally more likely to make the playoffs with the vets, but you've already made up your mind that missing the playoffs isn't that big a deal so why not get what you can?

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Maybe? But sitting in a playoff position through the deadline and then falling apart down the stretch is EXACTLY what happened to this team last year right? So why is our GM content with that outcome again? Worse yet, how is that a goal or an improvement? Also, if SY is okay with getting close but not making it then he should have sold. If his rationale was "the roster is the roster and we win or lose with it", then what does it matter if Berggren is in the lineup instead of Sprong or Edvinsson instead of Gost? Maybe you're marginally more likely to make the playoffs with the vets, but you've already made up your mind that missing the playoffs isn't that big a deal so why not get what you can?

Oh @The 91 of Ryans I'd love to know your thoughts on this and why you disagree

8 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

I had a thought last night that SY views Larkn as the veteran on this team. That Larkin will be the old grizzled vet that finally brings us a cup at 32-35. 

That's 5-8 years of mindless retooling before a cup.

I think obviously this is the most disappointed in Yzerman I have ever been. He has to have real magic of his lseeve this summer or this is going to look like a quagmire. We don;t have enough young pieces on this team to be endlessly hopeful. 

I think he 100% DOES think that way. But if that's the case then why bring Sprong, Gost, Fischer, Kane, etc. onto the team and then not trade them? If Larkin is going to be the grizzled vet on the team then why are you acquiring guys older than him to fill spots that younger guys could be filling?

I imagine the answer to that question is the same as the answer to the question "if you wanted to get harder to play against why sign Kostin and Holl and then not play them?". It's like they want to have options but don't want to commit to anything.

"We wanna be harder to play against but we ALSO want to ice a roster with eight sub-6ft wingers".

"We need to play better defense but our defense and goalies are all bargain bin castoffs".

"We want to see our young guys develop so we're going to bury them in the depth chart".

"We want to make the playoffs but we're not willing to spend 3rd round picks to make it happen".

Right now things seem VERY directionless.

Edited by kipwinger

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think he 100% DOES think that way. But if that's the case then why bring Sprong, Gost, Fischer, Kane, etc. onto the team and then not trade them? If Larkin is going to be the grizzled vet on the team then why are you acquiring guys older than him to fill spots that younger guys could be filling?

I imagine the answer to that question is the same as the answer to the question "if you wanted to get harder to play against why sign Kostin and Holl and then not play them?". It's like they want to have options but don't want to commit to anything.

EXACTLY -  Feels like Yzerman has broken the plan this year. The Simek deal was a "look - I tried" trade too. Fake BS he didn't need to do just to make it look like he was working phones.

Beginng of this season: all time high
End of season: new low

We need to talk about this summer; What SY does should be very indicative. If he goes out and signs a bunch of Ghostbears again, Ii'm sorry but a lot of my faith will be long gone. 

Edited by Troy McClure

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

directionless is a great word.  If you're gunning for the playoffs, you make moves.  If you're gunning for a good draft, you make moves.  You DONT gun for barely missing the playoffs and having a crappy draft slot.  As it sits now, this team has 21 million in TRASH tied up for next season.  The trade deadline was a chance to unload some of it and give us a fighting chance heading into the playoffs and especially next season.  Somebody posted, one day Seider's going to be 26,27,28.  HOW OLD DO U THINK LARKIN IS?  This team needs to get competitive next year.  Not 5 years from now.  Yzerplan sucks right now.  F

4 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

>zero troll history

You're regarded

HEY!

Derek: "I loved our effort in Arizona"
>we lost 0-4 and played like garbage

Derek: "I thought we had a really good first period"
>Outshot 19-7 by Vegas

This is guy is either fuqqing delusional, or he's a terrible coach. Because a good coach would be honest and hold his team accountable. 

Blash 2.0 players friend wannabe. We're never winning dick wth this Ted Flanders at the helm. 

On 3/10/2024 at 9:36 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

Hi I’m number9 and I wish Yzerman had blown a 1st on Adam fugging Henrique in a buyers market like my hero Ken Holland.

On 3/10/2024 at 10:42 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

just a typical impatient fan that wants “something” to happen even if it makes zero sense.

Hey newsie toucher

What did we accomplish at the deadline?

On 3/11/2024 at 5:56 AM, Troy McClure said:

Derek: "I loved our effort in Arizona"
>we lost 0-4 and played like garbage

Derek: "I thought we had a really good first period"
>Outshot 19-7 by Vegas

Doesn't even watch the games from the bench. Makes linechanges at random. Trolls media at postgame. Pretty based.

17 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Doesn't even watch the games from the bench. Makes linechanges at random. Trolls media at postgame. Pretty based.

Guy is already gone. Fans just have to wade through one more year of "this is his last chance unless he wins the cup"

Good riddance.