- yankee syndrome: been commented on tons already.
- referee/league favortism: even though most of us would disagree, people still think that the wings recieve way too many calls in their favor. personally, i can think of 2 big reasons for this: holmstrom and eddie olczyk. holmstrom because people like to think he gets away with too much in front of the net and don't realize how many good goals get called back; olczyk because he and other announcers always talk about how many illegal picks the wings run as if they are the only team in all of hockey to ever try to do it.
- fans: all teams have bad fans. we are no different. but the bad fans are always easiest to remember. and when lots of people are looking for reasons, this can be a convenient one.
- europeans: unfortunately, theres still a lot of fans that think all players need to come from alberta and get 80 fighting majors a season. there is a lot of dislike for the european 'sissy' hockey the wings play. i personally think its bubkus, but lots of folks really think its legit.
- attendance: regardless of reasons, fans see the empty seats at the joe and instantly assume that wings fans don't care. i felt this was a separate issue than just fanhood in general.
those are just some thoughts off the top of my head.
- Uncle Danny likes this