not fair, the first is 100% on Ericsson for the giveaway/own screen combo (what's new), the second he was deep b/c he was covering the post while the D let it go out front and the third was a fluke thanks to andersson putting his skate exactly where it should never be.
I love bashing Howie on his consistent mediocrity but this game is not on him yet
1. There's no bashing. He's let in two that should have been stopped. I didn't say he sucked or make a "bashing" type comment. I'm sick of hearing someone is bashing Howard if you state the obvious: he hasn't been good at all.
2. Your goalie gets paid to bail the defensemen out from time to time. He hasn't done that very much at all.
3. You can make excuses all day long but it's not just me or the people in the blog saying this. Mickey, the coaches, hell....even Jimmy has said he hasn't been good.
Unfortunately there are two major groups of people in here that post about howard.
1. Nothing is Howard's fault. He's just unlucky because of bounces and the people around him let him down.
2. Everything is Howard's fault and he only makes the easy saves.
There's only a few of us in here that see Howard as a decent goalie (not elite) that lacks the athleticism to be great. This is to say that Howard's Celing is not as high as the top guys. Howard's usually good at positioning but lately he's been off. That last goal was the perfect example of this.